Got PPE? Let’s see that money shot…

If you’ve been at this for any length of time, you’ve probably taken hash to the face.

Hopefully you were wearing eye protection.
Maybe you got it on camera?

Billy would like you to share…

…there’s hash upon my face
Got no human grace,
There’s hash upon my face…

This one got the boss. On camera. Maybe he’ll share.

3 Likes

Hahaha thankfully only trim got all over my face once . I also did a nice ceiling shot of oil in the c1d1. Playing with metal vacuums and pressure is fun! I have the photo somewhere. I’ll dig and edit. Unless someone else beats me to it and has the photo lol

Last time I got hash to the face was quite gentle, I went to look inside a vessel and dipped my beard in a puddle of hte.

Wouldn’t have found it near as amusing if Billy had not come on the radio at that moment.

Time before that was considerably less fun. A game of
It washes the cannabis and then it washes the cannabis some more went sideways and I took several gal of tincture to the head and upper body as I tried to correct it (somebody had to…)

That one required an assist to the eye wash station and a fresh set of clothes.

Y’all keep a spare set of clothes in lab right?

Learned that one in school…watching lab mates finish the day in just underwear and a lab coat.

6 Likes

I dont think i have the video anymore, but burping a medusa jar got hash under my glasses in one of my eyes, and all over the front of me and the walls around me. this required a LONG shower with mct or olive oil and a change of clothes, ppe, hat and a new found hate from jars and bad gas.

5 Likes

I don’t have the pics anymore but back in 2018 I had a coworker who was running a CLS with ethanol. I helped him during the run, then I left him to disassemble everything and reset for the next run. He had done it a few times with help before, so I walked away to do something else. A few minutes later I heard a loud WHOMP like a potato cannon, and this 6’4" bodybuilder looking guy starts screaming like a little girl.

He closed the valves on both sides of the 6x48" extraction tubes after the run and forgot to release the pressure before unclamping the base. Had his face right next to the clamp and his glasses on top of his head. He took a face full of -30C ethanol with extract and bits of keif and trim!

He sent me pictures every day of the healing progress, and it took 3 weeks for the swelling and 1st degree burns to go away completely.

I’ll have to keep a set in the car, things have happened a few times where I could have used a new set of clothes. Pants…Shirts…Pants and shirt…

Can you explain what you saw? Rapid change?

1 Like

yeah rapid change, there was no closing the lid in time. Same typical medusa aggressiveness everyone talks about.

Had a little laugh once, a tech was about to empty out the crc column and forgot to de pressurize it all the way, leaving a small amount of psi in there. He goes to take triclamps off and as soon as he lifts the top off…POOF!! he walks out of c1d1 while i was filtering some stuff and he looked like a stiff sand man. His whole body top to bottom full of diatomaceous earth lol it was nothing major just funny as fuck. Good thing was the media was dry all the way, so most of it came off with a air nozzle.

2 Likes

How far can you take a pair of work boots? :joy: these are 7 years old and finally busted within this year.

1 Like

IMG_8979

4 Likes

Hahaha pretty accurate

3 Likes