Got $1000 worth of cereal I can't use lol

I know it’s a hell of a longshot, but I figured I would ask.

We make infused cereal bar edibles at our MIP and just received $1000 worth of cocoa rice cereal (basically chocolate rice crispies).
Problem is we don’t use chocolate cereal in any of our SKUs. We make other flavors. We got the wrong cereal.

Anybody make anything using this cereal? We have 80 48-ounce bags. I’ll sell it for half price. Just trying to recoup some of the money. Otherwise it will just get donated or go to waste

7 Likes

Time to add a SKU :s

16 Likes

agreed! Time to make a limited edition flavor!

11 Likes

Who doesn’t love medicated chocolate rice crispy treats?!!!

4 Likes

I agree with everyone definitely time to add a limited edition to the menu

If you need some ideas please let me know

Just make giant crunch bars or brownies with them inside. That sounds dank

2 Likes

This was my first thought too. I just didn’t wanna design the labels, go through process validation, etc. I am not sure it would justify the money/time that would be spent on it. We are already spread kinda thin and we already make a Peanut Butter & Chocolate flavor of this product, so it would be really similar to that SKU.
It’s only 80 bags of cereal, so it would only make a couple thousand units too. Not a huge amount… If it was more like 200 bags we would definitely be making the new SKU lol

1 Like

How much for the end product in one purchase if it makes 2000 limited edition units.

1 Like

I hear exclusivity and opportunity if you spin this.

2 Likes

I agree with this exclusive product seems to sell very fast

Toss in a generic exclusive recipe to the buyer and it might make someone pull the trigger

Just add limited edition chocolate-peanut butter chocolate and use the same labels. You’ve got chocolate and peanut butter already in there use same label but describe fully on web site that it’s double chocolate. Using same processes you could probably knock this out in an hour. Who knows you may hit on a best seller.

3 Likes

don’t forget to put it on a “flash Sale”

1 Like

You should market it towards the folks that bought up all the toilet paper

1 Like

What about using the same package and add a sticker to the front says new limited edition and a small one on the back with the extra ingredients added. Saves you money both ways

1 Like

I’ll take a giant bag to eat when I have the muchies

4 Likes

If this is a licensed cannabis facility, it’s no where near as simple as that.

Based on this statement, it probably is. In most licensed cannabis markets, the regulations surrounding new products, especially edibles, are strict af. The cost of getting a new SKU approved by the regulators would most likely outweigh the value of a small batch like this. So unless they intended on continuing with the product line after the initial qty was tapped, dumping it would likely make more sense

12 Likes

You learn something new everyday thank you for the lesson @Future. I didn’t even take that into consideration.

1 Like

Yep, @Future nailed it. That was my dilemma.

That being said, just an update - we did do some test batches on new flavors and they came out amazing, so now we are adding not 1, but 2 new SKUs and will be using all of this cereal and much much more of it lol.

When life gives you lemons, make a new SKU (or two).

18 Likes