Go fund me: KCA community D8 cart testing

For $1000 I’ll buy 10 carts and test them for olivetol, p-cresol, and solvents.

I’ll start a Gofundme to have a group science project going.

26 Likes

Here is the link for the GoFundMe: KCA Product Quality Survey and Testing, organized by KCA Labs

8 Likes

Can a @trust_level_4 split this to its own thread?

Might be easier to keep track of and bump…

5 Likes

Let’s get some interest going around this project if you all want to know if there is p-cresol and olivetol in samples.

I can buy from the nearby gas stations and head shops, so we can ensure they’re sourced in the market.

The money is to buy time on the instrument. If we have leftover funds we can buy and test more samples.

If there isn’t any interest beyond just a few people, then @iontrap can do his thing with the feds. Doesn’t really matter to me.

13 Likes

image ?

4 Likes

This isnt something you guys can expense as R & D?

4 Likes

Frankly, we’re all quite skeptical and I need to justify the instrument time.

3 Likes

I just contributed $200 – I hope if anyone actually is interested in this issue, we can get this going!

15 Likes

We’re a quarter of the way there. $50 from 15 people or $100 from 7 gets us there.

The link was posted on Reddit, so maybe they’ll chip in.

We can give it until tomorrow and if we haven’t gotten $1000 we can cut it short and do as many tests as we can with the funds raised. @MagisterChemist and @pdxcanna thoughts?

6 Likes

I can buy some local & send your way. Would be good to know what’s what local to all of us. I’m in for $50

Let’s do follow-up testing of samples you all send in if there is evidence of these contaminants.

4 Likes

Just document receipt / purchase to sending to mail KCA and timestamp as best as possible. Like 12pm purchase at smokeshop 12:30pm usps tracking established

Otherwise I like their initial approach to just doing their local state so they can do a controlled study.

3 Likes

The problem with the @iontrap study is he wanted to send us already opened products that he could have adulterated himself.

14 Likes

And products no longer able to be purchased by ourselves… (The Pass specific cart is from Dec 2020 and no longer made)

1 Like

Thanks R! I will get something to y’all shortly.

Let’s see what we can do… I’d rather have it be thorough than fast maybe we can see how it’s looking tomorrow and if funds are still coming in gradually we can leave it open longer?

3 Likes

Sounds good, let’s do that.

1 Like

I agree that would be pointless. Whether you test the same ones he tested or not, the real question is: “is it true that the majority of d8 products sold in shops have these contaminants” – we don’t need his help to answer that question.

5 Likes

Color me shocked.

I’ll start a Gofundme to have a group science project going.

I’m in.

2 Likes

I just wanna see some converted cbd crude tested, anything beyond that is a bonus for me

1 Like