Fundraising ideas

Llc at state level is usually pretty easy, Online form, small fee. 501c3 is a whole nother thing.

my issue currently is whether the new administration will regulate cbd. Im fucked if they do and will just sell weed. I really do wanna go straight.

my local poker room is a ā€œcharityā€ no employees or dealers get paid but the house and the 501c3. its tips They are all a scam. One of them is a barbershop quartet who has the same 1 person weekly to stand near the cash and claim to be a charity. My sport= hackeysack and we are a legit 501c3 we arent haking it up in the poker room but I should apply.

I think stoneD could probably use some help but doesnā€™t seem like the type of person to ask for it. Doesnā€™t look like heā€™s going to be able to do much for a while as far as work goes and being in the US those medical bills will probably be pretty gruesomeā€¦

4 Likes

Alright I honestly never have a clue what youā€™re saying. Iā€™ll look at the comment youā€™re replying to and itā€™s just about something totally different from what youā€™re going on about. If I didnā€™t know better Iā€™d think you were a bot account. Or using a translator. Can you complete this form for me? image

9 Likes

10 Likes

Best post in weeks!
Chicagoā€¦ Visit? Not even onceā€¦

I think that he is going to have to go into his PP and create the fundraising link himself. If I remember correctly MoveWeight gave me the instruction for creating the link myself, I did that and gave it to him and Killa

Itā€™s a bit of a different direction from the charity idea but Iā€™ve said before that this forum would be very good for crowdfunding research and development. Kind of like how a research lab gets a grant, I think it would be really cool to donate to users/groups of users to develop something under the one contingency that it is open sourced to the forum. Iā€™m just spitballing ideas so take this with a grain of salt but if anyone can think of a way to structure it I think it could be beneficial to the community.

I can think of a lot of things that talented members on here could do if they didnā€™t have to shell everything out-of-pocket. I know there are some long term members that have the right idea on something but thereā€™s just no financial incentive to pursue it. Just something to think about. Tough to say how easy it would be to manage but if it worked it could incentivize finding answers to a lot of things.

2 Likes

I think much of the issue at this point in time is the exact demarcation of the funds they get received etc. There are a few members here, whom I feel would follow exactly what they say they are going to do with the funds. (Like, I would seriously be pissed off at myself for not doing exactly what I say Iā€™m going to do!)
Iā€™ve been given an opportunity through the forum, and itā€™s members, and it would kill me personally to have to tell everyone I squandered my opportunity because of reason X, Y, or Z. I can very easily achieve some form of success through direct action of myself. But, I try to live my life with some modicum of honor, and respectā€¦
I feel that we as a group will trust these individuals that we choose to ā€œblessā€, and we will choose to outright trust them. At least until our trust is proven wrong as a group. At that point, I feel everyone will be just jaded enough to say fuck it!
I hope we donā€™t reach that point, but to think that it wonā€™t happen is just being unnecessarily positive. I can tell you that Iā€™m not going to lie, and Iā€™m going to use my blessing exactly as I have stated. Thereā€™s 3 people that will have access to my shit at all times.
Thereā€™s also the issue with branding! Big Daddy said itā€™s a no go with the Future branding, for our causes. (Which is totally understandable) So right now, itā€™s an issue of creating a whole new thing to represent this idea, and perpetuate it. Iā€™m thinking things might slow down after a donation campaign for StoneD, but I hope not.

Continuing the discussion from FUNDRAISER: Help Stone D recover from his losses/injuries. Thank you all that donated truly amazing of yall:

Is this a paypal thing?
Weā€™re not talking huge bucks here but in the interest of keeping people out of troubleā€¦

In the Internal Revenue Code, section 501(c)(3) is very specific about the types of organizations that qualify for charitable contributions. An organization must be a religious, educational, scientific, literary or humanitarian group. A charity is always a group and never an individual person.
If You Gave Money to Someone Can It Be Deducted Off Taxes? | Finance - Zacks

We should even call these ā€˜Community Fundraiserā€™ or something and be explicit itā€™s a ā€˜giftā€™ at best from members directly to another member. Otherwise, 501(c)(3) would make sense for this.

Let me know if your tax person says something different.

4 Likes

I didnā€™t realize this was different than a donation to an organization.

I think your correct. None of its tax deductible. I donā€™t wanna be responsible for the tax implications regardless by running a fundraiser. I know I can deduct the giveaway prize which Iā€™ll be giving away.

Iā€™d imagine since some of these are raffles. You can deduct your gambling loses??

Which after researching you canā€™t do either. This is all from the bottoms of your hearts

5 Likes

Iā€™d put some money in to a drug testing charity a la drugsdata/energy control, seems like oregon may allow it given our current laws

2 Likes

Iā€™ll head up the drug study. Send all drugs to me and Iā€™ll report back with the results.

Lol

12 Likes

For Science of Course!

5 Likes

Okā€¦ So the real question is, who wants to be involved in a non-profit that would work in the capacity that we seek? Iā€™m willing to help in anyway with paperwork, or if there is something that someone has been through the process wants to guide me in, I would appreciate it. As I said before I was working on a non-profit for Vets, so I have a vague understanding of the process. Who would want to be on the board? I mean the non-profit can distribute the monies as it sees fit (as I understand it) as long as it can be proven where the monies have gone.
If this is something everyone is behind, then the only way to continue is with a non-profit. We could tons of good, and take donations from more than the forum, and distribute the monies to help further testing abilities etc. We could literally do almost anything with it.

Iā€™m on board if anyone else is, and Iā€™m happy to help in fashion that I can!

4 Likes
2 Likes