Fundraising ideas

Continuing the discussion from FUNDRAISER: HELP @Capttripppp MOVE BACK TO FL:

@Killa12345 would love to see OP updated with running donation total, a goal, and expected expenses. If we wanted to do this again we should just go all out and someone setup a Donation account, pay the expenses out of it transparently to the cause, board members and all. f42h 501(c)?

14 Likes

i guess we can do all that…

i dont think it needs to be sooo complecated… id imagine with the more working parts it might not do as well as the one that is currently going.

The donation on Paypal should be tax free for @Capttripppp as it was made to a donation link… Also, all of us that donated to paypal should receive a donation receipt from paypal at the end of this year… every time ive donated in the past i get a donation receipt for my taxes.

Id like to think when this is done again it will go to a person of need… I cant tell you how many times ive read here that @Capttripppp was on a FIXED INCOME with super low funds. I dont think he meant to tell his story soo many times but some of us noticed and tried to help.

The origanal thread was to help with his moving expenses so if he didnt want to sell his extractor and equipment… he didnt. I figured if we raise 700-1000 he could use that money for a moving service and help get him back to FL.

The thread spiraled out of control and now we probably raised enough for him to not only move but get a super head start on his life here. Help start a small business, get some business cards and flyers made… Possibly buy him a cheap work truck. I never thought it would amount to the total we raised but obviously @Capttripppp has touched a lot of people here!

i have an idea who the next 2-3 recipients could be which fit a similar mold. i know there are a few members outta of work long time which probably could use a little help!

it dont matter to me how its ran. never expected it to get like this but in doing so i realized i have much more to give…and would like to continue helping people…

16 Likes

:rofl: donations till he’s in mfkin florida

Looking like end of this month. Keep the rally going.

8 Likes

I think it would be wise to establish a 501 if this is something that can continue. Especially since this forum could really accelerate the potential. It’s important to have everything set up and ready should we gain serious traction. I agree the thread has “spiraled out of control”, combined with the difficult to navigate messaging system, its already cumbersome to track all the offerings.

I am more than willing to invest some time into structuring a program that runs efficiently and is very transparent. I’m sure some of us have had aspirations to start a non-profit, I know I have, this seems to be a good constructive opportunity to satisfy those goals cumulatively. Here to help…

I messaged @Capttripppp about helping start his business, I know when he is settled we will chat but please don’t purchase a truck without speaking to me first.

8 Likes

I think the top end goal is 5K, everything that I receive over that I will donate to the next individual. Personally, Killa and MoveWeight have had my PP pw offered to them in effort to show transparency. Aside from shipping my SPD stuff to Stoned, most everything will get used towards opening a small business, and the associated fees bound within. In FL I have to register my LLC with every county I plan to work in, plus most every city also.
Killa is right, this snowballed way out control almost from the very beginning. I think we raised over 1K in the 1st 36 hours, and that was from within the forum. No one had posted to any outside sources at that point.
I would feel sad, not to see some of the people that do need and deserve the help not to get any. But if other’s freely offer what other’s need, and it gets used right, it’s going to be amazing. I’m with Sidco on a board, or a way to vote up, or vote down members and their position on the list. That’s kind of why I was thinking something separate from MOM, but I’m at your all’s discretion for whatever.
I’m happy to show you, or provide you with a pw @sidco, and to keep a current update of everything etc. I feel weird about how everything kind of panned out, but I’m not squandering any money on booze and hookers!

6 Likes

No worries there Sir!

1 Like

We’re gonna fly him to the moon :rocket::rocket::rocket:

For real though…this is good advice :point_down:

3 Likes

Feel free to form a 501 NFP (FYI it’s a pain in the ass) but please do not use the Future4200 brand for it

6 Likes

For sure, @Future do you have any name suggestions?

3 Likes

The Fortunate Future Club (different logo, site, and possibly custom donation link)? I’m just spitballing… I have a non profit that I’m putting together for Vets, but am not opposed to expanding on that idea to include others.
It’s a shit ton of work, and is the reason why I got intimated by the process, and it hasn’t been completed

1 Like

It’s not so difficult with all these trendy new services like legalzoom. I’m happy to help in time.

3 Likes

Do you think its ok to use Future in the name? @Future

2 Likes

I think it’s silly to try and associate to something he specifically asked not to.

4 Likes

I’ve had a harm reduction type charity in mind for quite a while now

5 Likes

It would be amazing to at least reference (in some way) the place where everything/one will be coming from. But I understand the absolute need to have a stand alone entity, and desire to distance something that can only be controlled so much. (That’s a reference to the will of people, or group mentality, and nothing to do with the forum.)
You all are the big people! I’m but a cog on the wheel right now. All of you have your own wheels turning with many cogs. So, I am again at your all’s discretion, and happy to provide anything I may.

2 Likes

Provide beach photos and it’s all gravy.

3 Likes

FortunateFund.

where the fortunate help the less fortunate level up their life.

6 Likes

ForumFund

5 Likes

Fortunate Futures, for Friends and Family

8 Likes

I can help you with the 501 paperwork, it is kind of a pain in the ass.

3 Likes