Fundraising ideas

Yall boyz like MeHicOooooo?

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

5 Likes

8 Likes

8 Likes

Don’t trust the drunk guy, he’s crazy!
For reals though, I will share everything that happens with, and through the forum. I talked to @Killa12345 at length about verifying things, and everything. I have many people watching to see what happens, and thus, many people I would let down if I was to be a douche. I’m not a douche.
I try very hard to ensure that I mean what I say, and say what I mean. I’m very much a man of my word, and it would bother me forever if I were to squander the chance I’ve been given. This money will sit until it comes time to buy a vehicle, and begin the progress of my new life, and being my own boss again. You’ll see! I’ll share, and will always be open if asked to see for transparency.

3 Likes

I volunteer to help structure, manage and promote the 501c3. Currently, I am on several non-profit boards and I helped started several non-profits also. There is a ton of resources to help non-profit.

The hard part will be to decide on the goals of the new organization.

Naming the organization is also tough. As @Future stated, do not call it Future4200…

4 Likes

FYI. The process to submit the non-profit paperwork to the IRS has been streamline. Here is an introduction video about submitting the IRS Form 1023 :

2 Likes

I was kind of trying to follow along with the explanations on form1023.org, but I will check it out. When I get to FL my focus will be new LLC, etc. My non-profit ideas will have to take a back seat for a bit. I was able to secure a domain, and everything thanks to @moveweight. Still don’t know what to do with the site? But again, priorities… Domain is can-a-vet.org.

I’ll check out your link! Thanks for the info, and I hope you wouldn’t mind if I hit you up with some questions when they come up? Thanks again!

2 Likes

@Capttripppp . Just ping me when you need help. I am more than happy to help out

1 Like

Perhaps a few of us should arrange a conference call?

3 Likes

I was wantting to incorporate but am reluctant. Even my local grocery says - 75 percent off all cbd so they are getting out.

Llc at state level is usually pretty easy, Online form, small fee. 501c3 is a whole nother thing.

my issue currently is whether the new administration will regulate cbd. Im fucked if they do and will just sell weed. I really do wanna go straight.

my local poker room is a “charity” no employees or dealers get paid but the house and the 501c3. its tips They are all a scam. One of them is a barbershop quartet who has the same 1 person weekly to stand near the cash and claim to be a charity. My sport= hackeysack and we are a legit 501c3 we arent haking it up in the poker room but I should apply.

I think stoneD could probably use some help but doesn’t seem like the type of person to ask for it. Doesn’t look like he’s going to be able to do much for a while as far as work goes and being in the US those medical bills will probably be pretty gruesome…

4 Likes

Alright I honestly never have a clue what you’re saying. I’ll look at the comment you’re replying to and it’s just about something totally different from what you’re going on about. If I didn’t know better I’d think you were a bot account. Or using a translator. Can you complete this form for me? image

9 Likes

10 Likes

Best post in weeks!
Chicago… Visit? Not even once…

I think that he is going to have to go into his PP and create the fundraising link himself. If I remember correctly MoveWeight gave me the instruction for creating the link myself, I did that and gave it to him and Killa

It’s a bit of a different direction from the charity idea but I’ve said before that this forum would be very good for crowdfunding research and development. Kind of like how a research lab gets a grant, I think it would be really cool to donate to users/groups of users to develop something under the one contingency that it is open sourced to the forum. I’m just spitballing ideas so take this with a grain of salt but if anyone can think of a way to structure it I think it could be beneficial to the community.

I can think of a lot of things that talented members on here could do if they didn’t have to shell everything out-of-pocket. I know there are some long term members that have the right idea on something but there’s just no financial incentive to pursue it. Just something to think about. Tough to say how easy it would be to manage but if it worked it could incentivize finding answers to a lot of things.

2 Likes

I think much of the issue at this point in time is the exact demarcation of the funds they get received etc. There are a few members here, whom I feel would follow exactly what they say they are going to do with the funds. (Like, I would seriously be pissed off at myself for not doing exactly what I say I’m going to do!)
I’ve been given an opportunity through the forum, and it’s members, and it would kill me personally to have to tell everyone I squandered my opportunity because of reason X, Y, or Z. I can very easily achieve some form of success through direct action of myself. But, I try to live my life with some modicum of honor, and respect…
I feel that we as a group will trust these individuals that we choose to “bless”, and we will choose to outright trust them. At least until our trust is proven wrong as a group. At that point, I feel everyone will be just jaded enough to say fuck it!
I hope we don’t reach that point, but to think that it won’t happen is just being unnecessarily positive. I can tell you that I’m not going to lie, and I’m going to use my blessing exactly as I have stated. There’s 3 people that will have access to my shit at all times.
There’s also the issue with branding! Big Daddy said it’s a no go with the Future branding, for our causes. (Which is totally understandable) So right now, it’s an issue of creating a whole new thing to represent this idea, and perpetuate it. I’m thinking things might slow down after a donation campaign for StoneD, but I hope not.