FUNDRAISER: Let's get the Food Bank a walk-in freezer

My Bestie of 27 years is the director of Taste and See Local, an outlet of the Oregon Food Bank in Forest Grove, Oregon. They have had a tough year ramping up from about 35 families weekly to 125+. They’ve also started a homeless meal delivery service (this is a fancy way of saying my friend and her boys drive around in her Prius dropping off provisions).

This has been an epically challenging year for many charitable organizations. Just the scaling up to meet demand has been an enormous undertaking. A big part of this scale-up is having a walk in fridge-freezer combo.

The Food Bank is currently trying to recoup $19,000 from a bad actor who is not to be named on this thread, please. Even if -and that’s a big if- they recover those funds, that isn’t enough for the equipment they need. The current estimate is $38,000 for the walk-in they need.

It’s easy to give! Just text “give *amount” to 844.951.2196

You will get a link to enter payment info. All payments are fully tax deductible and you are completely supporting the food bank. It has its own account and funds don’t intermingle with the church.

You can also click the PayPal link at the bottom of the homepage. Remember to designate “Food Bank” from the drop down.

Now, look at this beautiful woman and her labor of love. The last nine months have left her feeling discouraged and like she let everyone down when the truth is that she’s supporting soooooo many. Help me bless her socks off.

FB_IMG_1619989900924

39 Likes

Offering a set of clones to whomever shows proof of donation. (Public or dm for proof)

Once I get a few out myself this week I’ll donate all the proceed to the church for them!

Don’t underestimate the hounds, well all help get everything we can to help!

17 Likes

Free year of business on-call consultations + .com ,+ fast website hosting for a year to anyone who matches or beats my donation. Preparing donation shortly…

15 Likes

You know I’m kidding you when I see you, right? Ask, @Future My hugs leave dna.

9 Likes

Did you my comment about leaving dna? I’m coming for a hug and a kiss on the cheek, Mr.

4 Likes

:rofl: hopefully I can be in a similar hosting position (but prepared) with a bar ready because the last time I showed up I wasn’t ready to be a deer in the headlights… Maybe you remember. I was stupid stupid in Vegas :joy: but everyone was so sooooo kind.

2 Likes

Damn. I had to look for this.

3 Likes

I tried it. It works

1 Like

Warming up. I’ll confirm when figured out.

11 Likes

You are making me cry

3 Likes

Had to break it up, trying to put some credit lines to use that aren’t being used and benefit me at the same time.

Waiting 15 minutes for the next part of it.

Total will be $1000. Match or best me and you earned my services for one year no issues.

19 Likes

@Sidco_Cat please tell your friend and her boys that they are amazing and appreciated! Same goes for you, too! Thankfully they have you in their corner. :slight_smile:

I’m happy to see that we are coming together to help out. I’ll send a little their way as soon as the unemployment check comes in in a couple days.

6 Likes

Bless you! :kissing_heart::kissing_heart:

5 Likes

This isn’t about me. This is about our community reputation. Surely some larger businesses than me can show some solidarity.

10 Likes

Yeah apparently I broke this trying please pm or have sidco pm me @Sidco_Cat, got almost a third of it handled but facing errors trying to donate more than once.

I’m trying so hard to have things put on my credit lines lol. If you have a credit business this is bs. My savings is larger than my credit line. Hallpppp

2 Likes

From the @Chemtek fam

12 Likes

Every little bit helps.

-Sermac / S.L. Newsom :v:

7 Likes

It’s all for the love of the community! We always gotta help & take care of the OG MOM when she’s in need! Thank you for all that you do @Sidco_Cat ! It’s amazing to watch us all come together to help out! That 38k is gonna get closer day by day! :call_me_hand:t3::call_me_hand:t3:

8 Likes

Two more hugs! You are beautiful people!

5 Likes

That’s not a little bit, my friend. :hugs::hugs::hugs:

7 Likes