Fresh Frozen prep

Hello everyone.
Just wondering what people are doing to prep their fresh frozen material for hydro carb runs. Right now I’m using a couple of blenders but looking for something more efficient and trying to keep the material cool at the same time. Right now the blenders seem to be creating too much heat and the material is borderline unthawing when preping. Does a hammer mill create too much heat? or anyone else mind pointing towards a solid direction. Thank you for your time.

1 Like

Maybe some of these will help.

5 Likes

I put it in a stainless container and and gently break up with a stainless spatula

Blender will crate a lot of unwanted broken cells and you can get that green taste

1 Like

Just shove it in the tube and pound it with a stick

6 Likes

When freezing it I freeze in vac seal bags pulled down just enough against the bud that I can use a wooden dowel to smash it with inside the bag against the concrete floor real fast like . Turns it into a very fine consistency and can throw it back in the freezer to stay frozen till ready to load.

5 Likes

I do something similar to this, I keep my FF biomass prepped in vac bags (1kg each,) with a light vac on them, emphasis on light. After that ill either set them on dry ice for a few mins or put them in a cryo, then pull the bags out individually and hit them with a rubber mallet until broken up properly then ill store them until i’m ready to fill my socks/tubes for the day. That being said I typically only break up stuff i’m going to run that day.

3 Likes

Many families have been started this way

5 Likes

:point_up_2: This is the way.

6 Likes