Fraction Finder Reviews

Admittedly I wish it was easier to buy 100% pure chlorophyll but let’s be honest, it’s not necessary to do that because of how fluorescent these compounds are.

I’ve been able to make my own mixtures from plant sources without much effort. They line up with literature.

Cannabinoids do not fluoresce when excited at 365nm. Can you explain why the experiment I posted is outside of what the sensor can handle?

1 Like

You said it yourself
“10x the concentration @arometrix claims to detect.”

1 Like

If you want to claim pigments from cannabis go way back into the literature. You’ve missed a few important ones.

Removed

I’m not sure you understand what that means.

When I say the CBD concentration is 10x the minimum concentration quoted by @arometrix in their white paper, that means that there’s no way it should be missed. The cbd should be more than easy to spot as the concentration is well above the minimum

3 Likes

Cannabis is a plant like any other. The green part is very similar to just normal grass or other trees. At some point this will click for you and I think you’ll sell more fraction finders as Pigment Trackers

1 Like

I feel like you should clarify if you are speaking on behalf of @arometrix since you are employed by them.

12 Likes

I’ll make it clear, I do work for arometrix.
I provide assistance to anyone who needs help with their system.

1 Like

I’m posting this on behalf of myself. If anyone is curious about what has fluorescence or not this cheminformatic web server is super cool. It should be used for research purposes only

https://academic.oup.com/bib/article-abstract/22/4/bbaa282/5985287

https://admet.scbdd.com/chemfluo/index/

1 Like

that’s not what these guys used. they excited at 280nm rather than 365nm.

A rapid capillary electrophoresis method with LED-induced native fluorescence detection for the analysis of cannabinoids in oral fluid - Analytical Methods (RSC Publishing)

Method development

Fluorescence emission spectra of cannabinoids

The fluorescence emission spectra of THC and CBD were first investigated to estimate the feasibility of this method. It was found that both cannabinoids emitted fluorescence wavelengths around 307 nm when excited at 230 and 280 nm. Therefore, it was possible to use a 280 nm light-emitting diode with an interference filter 307 nm to detect them in CEwithout the need for fluorescent derivatization. The use of the first λex/λem maximum of cannabinoids (230/307 nm) would provide a higher quantum yield (Figure 1S in supplemental material) and, therefore, detection sensitivity; however, the absence of the commercially available 230 nm LEDs restricted the possibility of their use for this application.

Sci-Hub | Rapid capillary electrophoresis method with LED-induced native fluorescence detection for the analysis of cannabinoids in oral fluid | 10.1039/C5AY01595B

Nor these folks High-performance liquid chromatographic determination of Δ9-tetrahydrocannabinol and the corresponding acid in hemp containing foods with special regard to the fluorescence properties of Δ9-tetrahydrocannabinol - ScienceDirect

2.5. Detection and quantitation

Monitoring with the UV detector was performed at 210 nm for THC and at 272 nm for THCA-A. The fluorometric detector for THC detection was oper- ated at an excitation wavelength of 210 nm and an emission wavelength of 305 nm. Quantitation was performed by the external standard method, measur- ing the peak areas. The signals of standard solutions showed a linear behavior in the range of 0.1 ng to 90 ng for THC (UV and fluorescence detection) and in the range of 0.2 ng to 80 ng for THCA-A (UV detection). The linear model was evaluated by a simple analysis of residuals. For very precise calcu- lations we usually recommend to use only calibration data over two-orders of magnitude, resulting in a narrower confidence interval.

Sci-Hub | High-performance liquid chromatographic determination of Δ9-tetrahydrocannabinol and the corresponding acid in hemp containing foods with special regard to the fluorescence properties of Δ9-tetrahydrocannabinol | 10.1016/s0021-9673(99)01287-x

so at 10x LOD there should also be no signal?!?

6 Likes

I stand corrected he should have signal.
Which he does. Like I said there’s things about his experiment that don’t check out. And with mine I said take it with a grain of salt. But arometrix has done this with Synthetic CRM Standards. I’ve seen quite a bit of field data to know if concentration is going up down or staying constant.

2 Likes

help me understand ̶s̶a̶m̶p̶l̶e̶ ̶o̶n̶e̶ ̶ whoops sample 3 (Color challenged) …

no cannabinoids?
why isn’t that explicitly stated (if it’s true)?

https://arometrix.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/In-Situ-Fluorescence-Spectroscopy.pdf

3 Likes

with DISTILLATE, yes. huge signal.

with ISOLATE, I don’t see one I would expect at 10x LOD.
we do see something at 100X LOD.

underwhelming? or just plain looking at the wrong molecule?

edit: and let me reiterate. I WANT this damn thing to work in my use case. just can’t figure out how that’s gonna happen without modifications

there were cannabinoids in the weed when I started. cannabinoids in the tincture when I was done. somehow they got from point A to point B without detection. which is weird as it was going in circles for 15 min THROUGH the detector.

13 Likes

XD damn I gotta go back and read

The student seems to be the silver surfer on making removals from others get created.

All the while spdking can’t defend himself but usually would try. Areometrix Isn’t a frequent user and all this discussion. Beautiful tried to be deleted discourse attempts while bashing them both.

Nomnomnom

Ah he’s employed dammit. Why they gotta always be affiliated business beefs. At least an employee is speaking for them and going to town.

Bam. Oh my fucking God. You went there hahaha

This hurts to read backwards

Everyone else just sucking it up like omg this guy I know nothing about is writing up a seemingly really technical review. Surely he wouldn’t have any internal angst or issues and doesn’t want to sell anything after discussing.

Sorry man, I just really hate the “fuck these guys I do nothing to solve the problems I claim they have but buy my product!” Flex

Urks me. Something ain’t right about your product either and I don’t think you’ll appreciate the returned reviews. @pigmentfinder

If you haven’t followed. Alex Siegal Spdking and areometrix were once sitting in a tree. K I S S I N G

Now it’s reverted to edited silence and nvm :upside_down_face:

As shown below.

1 Like

Nevermind. Comment away.

More importantly.

2 Likes

So to be clear @silverstudent . You are claiming that the device SHOULD have been able to detect 0.2g CBD isolate? And that there is something wrong with his system? Can you substantiate that by showing what it looks like on yours?

3 Likes

I repeated @AlexSiegel’s experiment.

Blank (denatured ethanol), 20mg THCA isolate, 200mg THCA isolate, 240mg “distillate”. In 20 ml denatured ethanol

Red line is distillate, black is isolate. Just to show I loaded the same amount (peak shape is atrocious because that’s 5x what I would normally load).

Really can’t see a signal with 20mg THCA in 20ml. You can see 200mg. (10mg/ml)

3 Likes

Most likely the signal from the THCa is the trace pigment trapped inside the crystal

A more comparable test would be to show 200mg of THCa vs 200mg of HTE (mother liquor source). The pigments in the HTE will make it very clear that the signal from the THCa is just less of the same pigments

2 Likes