1 Like

Test results just came in
Main fraction

Tails

Im not sure why CBN isnt in the lineup ill have to ask

1 Like

This lab is reporting numbers in an odd way

3 Likes

i’m currenrly trying to assemble my SPD and have everything but the parts for my vac lol, what parts exactly do you have setup for your vac line and how do you connect the gauge? what kind of hosing is that?w

Heres my rough setup. Not really missing anything now, but the exhaust filter. Ill be shortening up rhe vac lines today, and yesting the system tonight.

3 Likes

We actually are gonna test a different method for connecting from the vac guage to the cold trap, we removed the gl fitting and slid the hose over the glass, kinda opens that part up, i would like to do it between the trap and the cow but then we would have no way to vent the vacuum… havent done a dry run because nothing has grease so i cant guarantee that it doesnt leak,
but i bet with that silicone tape it would work great

2 Likes

I love that silicone tape, i have 6 rolls on hand. Found at homely depot. I’ll use that on every joint past the cow for peace of mind. Disty or grease on bf to cows.

I forgot today was Valentine’s day. Gotta do the V-day thing today. Ill test vac tonight.

Heres the flowers i got my wife. Hope she likes them

10 Likes

Nice! Ill have to pick some up,
She will likely love them

2 Likes

Fantastic :+1::rofl:

3 Likes

Just read through all of this and it was pretty helpful!

A tip from someone who’s about a week out from his first run, who has over analyzed the shit out of everything, stick the cold trap volatile flask in a bowl of dry ice and wrap in a towel or something.

I’ve distilled out alcohol this way from my concentrate and noticed that volatiles will get pulled out of the flask as the volume increases. Just helps your pump help you.

Congrats on a successful run! Hope mine goes as smoothly as yours.

6 Likes

We like the show so give a heads up When start run
Some off us are online and enjoy first timers good luck :fist_right:

5 Likes

It sounds like youve done your homework, your run will likely go great!
Thanks for the input, i forgot to put the ice on the trap pre run and didnt want to adjust it much to avoid a leak, i did however crush dry ice and put it in the cork underneath as it sublimated away i replaced it…

I noticed as my pump got warmed up it was blowing some warm air on the trap which wasnt great but u think it did its job, i noticed it continued to drip clear drops pretty much untill tails.

4 Likes

Ill be posting a threqd hopefully tomorrow. I may he getting one of our very own members on here to “babysit” me on my 1st spd run. Need t9 make sure my vac # are good qhen i test it tonight

5 Likes

Haha i had a babysitter also aka @Killa12345 , then I made the post mid run to have the whole site babysit but fortunately i didnt run into any “oh shit, what do i do” moments
If you researched as much as i did you will probably do great and realize its pretty easy its just the lack of experience that makes it tricky in my opinion
And thanks to @Killavolt for his youtube videos they made it seem like i had experienced it before gave me a better grasp of what to expect

4 Likes

Beyween @Killavolt and @Killa12345 and a few others, i hoping i should be fine. I have a buddy that will help via phone on saturday.

Between growing, waiting on this fn usps ppl to get my packages out of their azzes so i can finally get caught up, im swamped. And i just took hold of 100lbs of biomass to process today.

7 Likes

Round 2 first pass started out with a bad leak but got it fixed
Was at like 2600 micron, it could have been the heptane from the denatured alcohol, or not fully decarbed using a rotovap set at 88C
Now down to 123 in main body
Mantle set at 200 head temp at 181

6 Likes

Cant get over how blonde it is

9 Likes

looking good brother

3 Likes

Awww sheeeeet! Looking grrrreat!220px-Tony_the_Tiger_(Kellogg's_Frosted_Flakes'_mascot)

3 Likes