This is a 500 ml flask

7 Likes

Looking good.

Love the solo cup stand.

I did the same thing with my mains flask, popped in a 500ml one

5 Likes

Damn son. Looks fire.

3 Likes

Thanks yall, it went really well for how bad it started, just kept going making slight adjustments till it looked right…
Half of my main i didnt get below 300 micron if i remember right

2 Likes

Got like 360 grams of main and 176 of tails, definitely rotated to tails about 30ml too soon but gonna save for a second pass so its all good

5 Likes

Lmfao

I had you and calito (sp) mixed up this last 2 weeks. I had copied your pic, and bought my vac fittings and set it up like yours for the most part

Dont mind the crazy mess. VacVac teat was more important than a tidy pic
Lol

4 Likes

You distilling Miller lite? Lmao. I’m assuming that from last night.

4 Likes

Hahaha, :rofl:
dont forget to burp jars either

2 Likes

Couple nights. 16hr days 8ve been putting in messing with setting up, chasing vac leaks, cloning, trimming, making deliveries. 8yrs strainlght 12+hr days 7 days a week, i need a vacation

5 Likes

I feel that, growers never get a day off, its too risky

5 Likes

Ive read on here somewhere condensor should be hooked up top to bottom flow wise, but i couldnt get mine to flow that way without bubbles so its bottom to top seems to work…

The chiller heater from usa labs is pretty nice, it works great with the roto and this
it kept up with the roto really well, it actually stayed about 4c colder than its supposed coldest setting of -10 @-14c

With the spd my hoses limited my temp today highest i went was 73c wich is a tad above those braided pvc hoses rating

2 Likes

This is the reason I don’t grow anymore. Think there was a 10 year period where I only took 4 day vacations or less. Sucks worrying about jackers that last month.

10 Likes

Growing is a tedious task, it can be very stressful, but equally rewarding, like anything its repetitive but its awesome when everything goes perfect for 2 months

5 Likes

My grow is a dialed in like a smooth running factory. Flip, count 64 days, harvest, repeat. But i also do all my clones, run a clone biz, make deliveries, oh and full time dad.

11 Likes

lmfao I’m probably almost there…

2 Likes

First I would like to say a big thank for allowing me to join the group as a newbie
I’m from the UK and been producing RSO using quick wash method with ISO and have had good results post winterizing and filtering etc
However Me and my mates won’t to go to the next level and try SPD .
We are awaiting a 5L complete setup from China in the next few days .
However after reading the posts on this thread for the last 2 days it appears we fucked up big time .before we even start
As 5litre BF requires at least 2500ml of distillate .according to guidelines on this topic and we only have a kilo of gear to process so based on the shit stuff over here a 1000g will only yield at the most 180g of distillate which is no where near enough to fill half the BF .
Question. Is there anything we can add just to fill the flask to the required volume .
I was thinking of a food grade oil with a higher Boiling point then the THC / CBD or will we be ok with starting our first run .
Thanks for any advice but a smaller setup isn’t an option now it’s been paid for .
And getting another 10kg of gear is our of the question too .

1 Like

PG could be the answer , anyone concur ?

You want as few different compounds in the boiling flask as possible, that is why you have to winterize the crude before you distill. The more diverse the bf contents the harder it is to isolate the target molecules. Your best bet is to get a smaller boiling flask with appropriately sized ports to accept your distillation head.

2 Likes

I really feel that the whole “you have to have at least half the boiling flask’s volume in starting crude” thing is wrong. While a 2L or even smaller is what it seems like you guys should be using, if you put only 200g of crude into a 5L short path, you can still distill, you will just have to be careful because it will heat up FAST.

4 Likes

Yes I did read that too , I might just try without adding anything to the flask except distillate , thanks for the advice guys , oh I’m thinking of buying dry ice and making an acetone slurry for the cold trap , does anyone know of any alternatives , as the dry ice is expensive here as the min quantity I can order is 5kg , if I was to order some and make a slurry up can I possible store it in a mason jar etc , would it have to be kept in a freezer ?
Sorry for the questions but I’m just hoping to get things right first time so at least I have a fighting chance if getting THC recovered