Filling solvent tank

Cylinder Volume= πr^2 h
= (3.14159)(5^2)(6)
= (3.14159)(25)(6)
= 471 Cubic Inches

Then max butane amount would be calculated as:
=471*.0361*.601= 100% Fill would be 10 Lbs of n-Butane
10 x .80(80% Fill)= would be 8 lbs of n-butune

Given this math…your 10x6 tank can hold 26 cans without the hemi lid which will increase the volume.

Math will save your skin if you know how to solve it

18 Likes

This is what I needed. Thank you a million times.

This is wrong…i dint not look at your tank. You have a 6x10 tank…which is much different than a 10x6 tank

That tank can easily hold 12 cans though…so your safe.

8 Likes

Ok, thanks for double-checking for me. :pray:

So at a case of 12, how many pounds of solvent is that?

1 Like

Don’t those cans say the amount of solvent they have at the bottom? Might need a :spoon: on this one. :grin:

4 Likes

Is there a way of filling a SS tank without a can tapper

Maybe a gas inlet adapter

3mm adapter to 1/4” mnpt?

I’m looking for this part now

Do the cans have the adapters on the lid?

I used to just use one of these adapters with some teflon tape on the end. Wrap enough tape so the tip fits snug in your flared end.

It’s sketchy, but it works

4 Likes

I need to find some adapters which should be easy

U stick that adapter directly into your liquid port?

I just turn a knob on big source tank and watch the scale climb

Its seconds instead hr to.fill

2 Likes

I can fill via the 1/4 inch valve=into my collection to distill and recover. canned butane has adapters to fit.

1 Like

whats sketchy? thats fine and i dont use the teflon tape or have issues. its like filling a lighter or torch. At some point its paranoia. I have a yard weed torch on a propane tank, its hard to light sometimes. How is filling with a can sketch? Should I be in fear when the yard torch is making loud sounds of propane release but isnt starting via the piezo igniter?

1 Like

I’ve had those little tips snap off, and it’s always wobbly. Like I said, it can be done it just feels sketchy.

And none of the ones I ever used weren’t snug in my flared fittings. Always needed a few wraps of tape to make em fit tight.

1 Like

bu its the same when you fill the dab torch? so who cares if a little butane leaks

You do you thumper, but a few wraps of tape to stop the leaks was something I did.

Been awhile since I’ve used cans though, that can has been sitting around for awhile.

1 Like

the whip it is coinincidantally a good mix. but like i said im going back to butane from a guy on here.

Build a manifold to tap in faster and easier

10 Likes

I was gonna dig for that, I remember when you posted it, but I am lazy lol.

That’s a nice thingy.

1 Like

that pic is going into a tank and not looking to be distilled? How do you clean the mystery oil out the tank?