Cylinder tank volume and calculating it properly

Killa said about those dimensions are not counting the hemispherical lids.

So it’s probably more like 80-85L

1 Like

Is that your way of asking someone to calculate the volume for you?

If so…. Here ya go

5 Likes

I’m sure everyone knows this but LPG solvent storage tanks shouldn’t be filled beyond 80% of max capacity. Why is my Propane Tank Only 80% Filled?

If you’re getting 44 on a 50 that seems like you’re already 4 lbs over the capacity if you purchased a #50 tank.

6 Likes

This is why we sell tanks in liters. I know 50l is roughly a solvent tank at 80% with 50lbs of butane.

Same goes for a 100l tank. That tank will roughly fit 100lbs of solvent filled at 80%.

It’s a fast dirty calculation for the actual amount of solvent needed which allows me to adequately size of the solvent tank for the client.

For example. If a client says I’m extracting 60lbs of dry material. I’m going to tell them 600lbs of solvent is needed roughly for that extraction so a 600L solvent tank is needed. I’ll tell china I need a 600L tank which I know will hold at least 600lbs of solvent at 80% fill. And even that will slow you down. I really don’t like to be above 65% fill.

5 Likes

Some useful formulas and constants including volume:

11 Likes

Edit: Filling solvent tank - #21 by Killa12345

1 Like

ive done the math here at least 20x. im pretty confident in what all my stuff holds considering ive been selling the same stuff for a long time now.

7 Likes

You’re the man @Killa12345 cause I’ve seen that math on at least 6 other threads and then I think at few points you said you were tired of doing the math because you’ve said it so many times :rofl::unamused:

Then the bvv calculator was circulated and now math is lazy again and everyone thinks they know everything when it comes to solvent tank math🙃

I do not know everything about solvent tank math

My timeline is probably off I’ve been here since 2017 and binged like a crazy fucker. I remember when the diamond thread was still low in posts and when I was scared to join this forum because it seemed super obscure… I digress… The autism memory is a bitch I remember a lot of shit it’s like a file cabinet in my mind that I quickly tap through the tabs

… I think the only person on this forum that actually likes math is @TheGratefulPhil

4 Likes

Lmao . The tank is no where near 30 by 14 u bullshit artist . It’s 12 by 24

Dude I have the fucking tank. I know the exact dimensions and how much it holds . It’s a 44 liter tank. Thanks for minding ur buslisness tho

No bro. It holds 44 a max capacity. I don’t fill it that much

It’s no where near 24” tall. :joy::rofl::joy:. Maybe if you cut off a 1/5…… There are plenty of people who have bought one including the person who gave the right volume.

Keep trying…. :+1:

On Monday. I’ll take a picture of the tank next to a 12x24” spool and you can see the difference since the math ain’t helping. Pictures might help

2 Likes

What’s your favorite flavor of crayon? Mine is purple.

6 Likes

Fixed it

2 Likes

Does anyone else think the word “Diamond” looks like it’s a word that belongs with the metric system. Like the word “Litre.” ya know what I mean?

Some words just look like they belong in the Metric System. Lightyear is in the Metric Measurement System.

Ik it’s a little off topic but I glanced at the spelling and I said to myself, “I can’t be the only one who thinks what I think.”

I don’t think so

istockphoto-522737867-612x612

4 Likes

Can we see a picture of the tank next to a tape measure?

1 Like

There’s the thread that should end this argument… Or fan the flames , depends how you interpret

1 Like

I can keep searching the site and posting results to things related to this but I don’t feel like spamming this thread with the same equation. So I’m gonna mute replies now. :octopus: