FDA issued an "Import Alert 98-06" to ban ELF BAR、EB DESIGN、Esco Bar etc

On May 17, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) issued an “Import Alert 98-06”, which stated that the FDA will “detain untested new tobacco products without marketing authorization”. The regions involved include the United States, China, and South Korea; the companies involved include HEAVEN GIFTS, FIRST UNION, INNOKIN, etc., the brands include ELF BAR, EB DESIGN, Esco Bar, etc.

https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/cms_ia/importalert_1163.html

3 Likes

Now most are nicotine products disposable vapes, I am thinking if they will affact vaping device(disposables, pod system, vape carts, etc) for Cannabis Industry.

Untested tobacco products? Rofl they do know cigarettes kill you right?
Stupid fucking government

2 Likes

It reminded me of the “vape gate” ( e-cigarette lung disease incident in 2019). Media reports are always on the side of the stakeholders. Look at what the major tobacco companies did. Finally it indeed affect people who in Cannabis Industry. People start to worry about safety of smoking marijuana.

2 Likes

people are so worried about hemp they forgot about all the untested chinese synthetic nicotine being smoked by 100ms of people. :joy:

10 Likes

Do fake/unverifiable COAs count as untested?

2 Likes

E-cigarette or vaping product use-associated lung injury (EVALI) is a serious pulmonary condition that is associated with the extended use of certain vaping products. EVALI was first characterized in the summer of 2019 and has since been reported in all 50 U.S. states. From August 2019 through June 2021, the New York State Department of Health has reported more than 197 confirmed cases emanating from all regions of the state. The Wadsworth Center at the New York State Department of Heath received vaping cartridges recovered from EVALI patients for chemical analysis of their contents. Untargeted analytical methods using gas chromatography-mass spectrometry and liquid chromatography-high-resolution mass spectrometry as well as targeted analyses for a variety of analytes including cannabinoids, pesticides, vitamin E acetate (VEA) and mycotoxins were used to characterize the composition of the vaping fluids and several commercial vaping fluid additives. From the analyses of the 284 e-cigarette devices recovered from patients, 82 were found to be nicotine-containing pods, and 202 devices containing cannabis oil, apparently from unauthorized or black-market dealers. The fluids from the cannabis-oil cartridges tended to have lower levels of THCs (Δ9-tetrahydrocannabinol + Δ8-tetrahydrocannabinol) and total cannabinoids compared with those of commercially produced formulations and contained significant levels of diluents including VEA, medium-chain triglycerides, polyethylene glycol, and castor oil. VEA was the diluent most frequently detected, which was present in 132 (65.3%) of the vaping fluids that contained cannabis oil. When present, VEA ranged from 2.0 to 67.8% of the total mass of the oil with a mean content of 37.0%. In some cases, two or three diluents were detected in the same sample. The ratio of VEA to THCs varied widely, from 0.07 to 5.34. VEA and specifically the high ratios of VEA to THCs in black-market vaping fluids may be causative in EVALI. The safety of additional components and additives that are present in vaping fluids are likewise of concern.

2 Likes

Strange how you say it’s economical to import cheap Chinese nicotine but Tre refuses to engage with such stupid ideas when applied to hemp.

Yet testing it done in Portland? mmmkay

2 Likes

I was gonna say…

That’s quite the accusation from someone selling fully synthetic cannabinoids made from import materials that aren’t from Hemp.

1 Like

And I hate pointing this out. I love your business professionalism I love everything I hear about your character and business, but truly have a disgust for people who try and combine fully synthetic products along side semi synthetic Hemp made and fully hemp made products. I see your brands and how they don’t imply hemp at all, but here you’re still @Bret_HoneyGold. Well-known and liked Hemp licensed business. But your highest priced products aren’t Hemp and your business model would make consumers imply it is.

The only beef I have is education and your lack of transparency. I say that as a consumer and as someone with shared clients who are Hemp licensed.

If we had a semi synthetics section/ full synthetics section and your ads for business were moved appropriately based on the products make… My concerns would be completely removed.

@Future @sidco

Y’all both have let full synthetics be advertised under Hemp. Please make appropriate sections or send them to the synthetics advertising forum.

Allowing people of this forum to believe THCp, THCB, etc are even from CBD. Falls upon your lack of actions as well.

Send synthetics not made from cannabis or Hemp here. Or open up your own section.

I don’t care if I’m the bad guy. I’ll own that shit.

I’m not giving you room for your own solutions. Take it or leave it with hate. I’m done justifying hemp players selling K2 based upon Future4200.com and aiding their sales.

I’ll pay for the truth even if it refunds hemp Slangers no longer slanging hemp…

Is it too much to ask for you to be honest? Truthful?

@Bret_HoneyGold @HoneyGold_Eric @HoneyGold_Michael @Tre_HoneyGold

Because y’all got a shit load of explaining to do.

My people work with you and your quality products don’t overstep your liabilities and honesty.

Own up. Figure out a change that is more transparent and honest, or be at risk of consequences trappers will only finger back to you…

I’ll always see this forum as in your pocket until it’s owners recognize they’re supporting federal crimes and risking themselves providing you a platform to lie on and risk your customers @Bret_HoneyGold @Future @sidco

Not to mention I’ve brought this up for months and tagged both the name brands owners of this forum…

@Future @sidco

One last tag for true efforts sake…

It’s almost as if: hear me out: “the owners don’t have the time or care for the potential resources this website can take and make on returns”

7 Likes

Funny cuz Tre claimed that it’s hemp derived before going on about how stupid it would be to use anything but the bountiful colorado hemp…

@future still hasn’t replied about being unable to verify let alone get a response about the COA from THE(Tre made a point to says it’s not “their” lab, didn’t mean to imply ownership)Portland lab they use.

1 Like

I’m finding the words.

1 Like

I’m sure you’ll be in for a nice surprise if you test it somewhere like kca or proverde

2 Likes

How so? Tre said they do weekly testing but have so much inventory that it sits on the shelf for months so they photocopy the COA and they happen to use an out of state lab that doesn’t answer or respond and was busted for falsifying results.

Seems apparent to me that spending any more money on the issue is a further waste.

1 Like

I’m sure he’s hinting at: “retest your shit!”

2 Likes

Retest? Cant verify if the batch was even sample tested. Was already told that the batch is clean and it can’t be proven that I didn’t contaminate the sample.

Why not just use a reputable lab to begin with?

Hey man. I can’t stop any hater quote, shit.

You and I both know their time is coming.

Hang Tight.
@slant.

1 Like
1 Like

The problem is only synthetic THC is banned and it doesnt cover thc v, b, h or p. I definitely agree you shouldnt be selling full synthetics as hemp but they’re not controlled and there for legal to sell. The DEA could try and get you for the Analogue Act but they rarely use it

4 Likes

Hey man. I’m here for the journey. Let my homies send me why later.

The DEA could suck my fat cock and balls. Trust me. They’re still trying. Fuck em.

1 Like