Farmer just getting into extraction please help

Link for those pandas?

Panda 3200 rpm Portable Spin Dryer 110V/22lbs Stainless Steel Amazon.com

1 Like

Thanks. Guess i have more reading to do now.

1 Like

Enjoy those prices while they last. CO is down to $75-90 lb for indoor and $2.50-3.50g for 86-90+ distillate.

Once the hemp-derived bullshit comes to an end, the prices are going to rockkkeeet.

Those are clothes dryers.

Washing Machine "Salad Spinner" tek

But so were BOCK when they patented their centrifugal extractor….back in 1905 or so I believe.

See: Got BOCK? perhaps

@Muzik_CO2tech

1 Like

Nah, our market is most likely considered more of a matured market now instead of an emerging market since its been around recreationally 10 years. Its normal for prices to go down and hopefully they will stabilize soon.

1 Like

So how bad does the etoh eat up these machines ?? The washing machine is badass or in this part of the country redneck engineering at it’s finest is wat they would say … will the bubble bag dude washing machine work also ??

You’ll want to get the right filter socks if you get a panda, at least two so they balance well as it spins. And have an assistant to hold the thing down, or strap it to the wall first, or else it will start bouncing around and spewing green everclear everywhere.

6 Likes

Our distillate prices are already at the level you describe here. Trim/Shake has a higher value as its used for more than just biomass here. Trim prerolls, preground bags, shake bags, and biomass for extraction.

The price went up over the summer and is coming back down for croptober now.

Michigan has had a competitive market since 2010… with a fully commercial market for the same amount of time as Colorado. I think we’re looking pretty good and growing sales year after year. 2nd biggest cannabis state market right now!

2 Likes

Someone def posted a few months back stating they pay $8-9/g for disty in MI. Could just be big guy vs lil guy. Buying bulk is always cheaper.

That’s different for sure. I guess as long as its stated “trim” you aren’t trying to pull a fast one on your customers. Honestly not sure if CO sells trim like that.

I’m glad to hear your market is still boomin. Hope you are prepared for when it slows. Corporates overbought, over extended, laid off mass amts of folks and brought our whole market down with it.

:joy::joy::joy: we have come a long way !!
Good times those days god the amount of gunk we have cleaned of the floors and walls

2 Likes

Another reason to visit The ultimate Panda mods

3 Likes

Back when a few labs were such down for illegally bringing in converted D9 liters from New York there was a spike in prices. Then everyone started producing again (those who had stopped but had capacity just could not compete with the converted liters…) and the price is back down to a totally normal and sustainable level, IMO.

I don’t know what kind of “fast ones” people are trying to pull on “customers”. But if you’re buying a $2 preroll in Michigan - that’s made out of trim, regardless of what their marketing departments have to say about it. :stuck_out_tongue:

This is not to say that there are not consequences for overextending in Michigan. There’s quite a bit of people in bankruptcy or receivership or a combination of both. Capital is hard to come by. However - the belief that 100% of companies should have been always successful was hogwash to begin with. Less than 50% of companies make it through their first 2 years in any business thinking that cannabis should be different is ignorance of reality.

Of course companies are going to fail. Of course you may know some of those people. Companies will struggle in Michigan because we have a free Michigan market and they are competing against each other. That means their business practices, efficiencies, marketing plans, financial structures, etc. are competing with each other. Some will do better and they will succeed.

Winners and losers exist in capitalism. Fighting tooth and nail to make sure you are not in the losing category is the game. Every other day I might hate it but apparently that’s the game people want to play.

5 Likes

Clean, non-converted disty in the Missouri market is going for $12-15k wholesale still. It’s wild.
New markets are great. And they actually learned from CO/CA and limited the number of licenses here, which is really helpful when it comes to maintaining prices.

But I think we will be seeing a big drop in pricing very soon here. There is starting to become an excess of flower/trim in the market.

1 Like

The market turns quick. Market slows. It’s just natural to a maturing market. Make the money while you can and prep for the slow parts. Simple business plan. That was all I was saying. Only 20% of the companies in CO are growing and profiting these days.

1 Like

Oh I know man, I agree with ya 100%. I came here from Colorado… So I saw the crash.
Luckily we have like 20% of the number of licensees here. so that will help some. but yeah it’s inevitable that prices will come down.

(Deleted)

Oh wow. Did I come off as a politician? I’m 100% a business owner and grass roots activist.

Which parts were overly political there? Seemed like a very business focused post to me.

9 Likes

You’re over there telling me to “chillax” and here you are hours later going after arguably one of the most kind-hearted contributors on here lol.

2 Likes