Farmer just getting into extraction please help

then dig in…

I recommend buying used, and this isn’t a horrible place to shop. chances are you can find them cheaper on your local craigslist, but that will depend on your location & maturity of the local market.
you can find this one both places… BHO extraction equipment - farm & garden - by owner - sale - craigslist

you certainly won’t find one of these…

(and there may be a machine your size listed therein).

before buying, I recommend checking out Let's see your set up! and oggling what others have going on.

I also recommend you or anyone else thinking of following @Kingkrunk’s advice on Decarb under pressure to retain terps? wrap their head around A Theory on BHO/Rosin Decarboxylation with Natural Terpene Preservation before building glass fragmentation grenades.

6 Likes

cyclo-I only recommended a sealed container (a simple lid on top would suffice) sir, not additionally pressurizing that jar and/or backfilling your decarb vessel. You are 100% right.

You might not have intended to imply the jar should be shut tight, but you did say “sealed”.

If you SEAL the jar, and decarb, it will build pressure…

Most jars will leak long before they explode. Doesn’t mean they all will.

1mol of thca will produce 1mol of CO2.
At rm temp that CO2 will fill 22liters to 15 PSI

Or 1liter to 330 psi. (So that’s 1/3 of a kg in a 1 liter jar)

That’s without the pressure rise due to heating.

Same math for any 1/3 full jar.

2 Likes

hydrocarbon if your goal is quality! CO2 if you want output for distillation or you can pull some decent terpene fractions if your parameters are right

1 Like

Don’t get a CO2 system.

A hydrocarbon set up can make anything that CO2 set up will make.
The CO2 set up cannot make the same products the hydrocarbon one can.

And you can get a 5lb hydrocarbon set up for less than $15k.

5 Likes

Is a good price on a decent tool. At least while learning at 5-10lb.

There are even after-market mods for them you can read up on here and here

2 Likes

Thanks 2 everyone for chiming in really appreciate the hell out of it and sorry for delayed response where I’m new acct it maxed out my replies n I’ve BN n mountains last couple days for a reset n man it was nice I’m most definitely going with a hydrocarbon after reading more . I’ve BN looking where I’m at but no legal states near VA or large market .So what is something you guys wish someone would have told u that u had to learn the hardway??

2 Likes

What is cmep??

Its a piece of piston driven lpg recovery equipment. CMEP-OL

2 Likes

one of the first recovery pumps actually rated for the task

Check Recovery pump selection

I mainly use them for pressure testing equipment…but they are decent recovery pumps at smaller scale.

Got ya :+1:

As an end product…what do you want to make and SELL?

Work backwards from what can I sell today?

6 Likes

Edibles shatter and carts and would like to try diamonds eventually// I don’t have access to large amounts of dry ice so has to have a chiller .I thought bout etoh but way to expensive upfront n would need a shit ton of expensive equipment

Is “trim” worth $100/kg?
Just curious

In Michigan… licensed market. I’m getting between $150-200 per lb for my trim. That’s what… 300-400 per kilo?

Then you haven’t looked at the problem correctly.

See Eg: Bucket Tek (Cold Ethanol Extraction on a Budget)

learn how a panda (suggested above by @Roguelab ) is relevant.

You already have solvent recovery & purging in hand, so my math says you could be making panda assisted qwet with an outlay of about $500

if you’re aiming a shatter, I’ve got a redirect for you: How to turn "Shatter" into diamonds/sauce/distillate/anything I can sell?

3 Likes

Wow never knew they made small one last stuff I used was a cup15 and a cup 30 from delta then ffe and a rfd which was like 2or 300 k not counting install

Link for those pandas?

Panda 3200 rpm Portable Spin Dryer 110V/22lbs Stainless Steel Amazon.com

1 Like

Thanks. Guess i have more reading to do now.

1 Like