Fake shatter - Pine Resin cut hit Canada?

yes so i thought this cant be that fake shit going around but it tastes off like plastic and not to mention the fact that 2 diff brands look identical and three different flavours from both

hmm the stuff I had was like glass would not melt

do you get high

At first i thought i was gettin high but im pretty sure now it was jsut a quick head rush cause honestly didnt last long at all. My friend brought over some bunk weed that I got higher off of as well

yeah its probably fake there are a few versions of the scam going on

here is the first one I experienced maybe you have this version of the scam. This one was more waxy and it did dissolve in ethanol

edit in your picture there is way too much ethanol to test solubility 1 part product to 10 parts ethanol should be a good starting point to test solubility of bho

I was able to grind two shards together in my fingers and grind them to dust which did not stick to my fingers very well.

it’s been in everclear for 3 hour 15 minutes

Yes hte first one I have came across this back in Sept. Threw that shit out tasted aweful but my one freind actually liked the licorice taste which i thought was the stupiest shit ever

sounds like you have fake bho

2 Likes

Just found something in Toronto, looks extra clear, super shattery, has some air inclusions from cracks or bubbles, doesn’t melt in my fingers but has no smell or flavour. When i bite it it kinda crumbles a bit. Haven’t tried it. What y’all think? Should I try it?

The fact that it said co2 shatter alone had me a bit weary

Yeah some of this shit floats. Some sinks. Some chunks float to

the top only to sink again. Looks like pours are opening up on the surface of the samples. Also seems like the color is dissolving out of the mass

take a big fat glob and see what happens

alternately melt some on a nail and just watch it then smell it see how it reacts

1 Like

Haha thanks. I may try a small amount. It’s not mine and the person who’s that is has tried it, no foaming of the mouth or resin solidifying in the mouth

I whacked this fools gold like 5 times today. No other cannabis all day. Not stoned. Kind of a head ache. The very first sign should have been the large bubbles in the $100 3.5g chunk. If it ever dissolves I expect to find a 300 million year old mosquito :mosquito:.

4 Likes

id throw a bit in iso to see if it melts before even considering ingesting it in anyway.

1 Like

Almost 5 hrs now in everclear.

I may try iso tomorrow but I have only ever used it for cleaning my gear, so I’m not sure I’ll learn anything new from that. i Have a couple gs left to interrogate. If I attempt an oven de carb tonight I’ll take pictures.

1 Like

To everyone dropping chunks into iso and hoping it melts please put a lid on it and shake the fhack out of it. If you see cloudy white stuff settle after a night of sitting in the fridge, it is just fats/lipids from improper dewaxing. I preechill solvent to -40 and dewax for 1 hr in a isolated column and still crash fats out of my solution when i do this test.
There is a lot of miss information going on in canada right now and its hurting alot of honest brands.
Encourage your dealers to push there suppliers to provide lab results with QC codes on the back of there packages with a website link to check those results.
Please, I hate to see the extarct industry implode because of all this nonsense happening on social media.
& FYI alot of the stable shatter your seeing that resembles this pine resin texture that doesnt crumble is a result of a high canibinoid shatter with no terps. Terps will let your warm fingers roll the crumbs back into a ball.
Youll notice the stuff with least flavor takes longest to melt on your nail and the stuff with higher terp ratios melts quicker. Please spread the love. Im seeing alot of honest brands getting falsley accused. Lets save this industry not let it die because of false info and companies not testing.

7 Likes

Fair enough, but I have literally never in my life seen shatter that turned to dust from biting it either… I have eaten a bit of pine resin in my day, and it’s the only substance I have experience with that behaves the same in texture. I’ve had shatter that was purged for over a week and it was super shattery but definitely still melted eventually in my hand. I took a tiny dabs worth of this stuff in between my fingers and held it for 3 minutes straight and it was just as sharp and solid as when I picked it up. Everything about it seemed off. The chunks were like someone made a slab and it broke into a million pieces, but they were about 2-3 times as thick as any shatter slab I’ve seen, it was super clear light amber but had fissures in it and breaks super easily, not like a diamond. The thing it looked the most like was solventless diamonds, but it was supposed to be co2 extracted. Definitely had no smell to it. Lile zero smell, which seemed odd if it comes from co2… Looking up the brand I see no other examples of their extracts that look anything like it either.

1 Like

47 hrs in ethanol image and shook

Hey are you the same Tom that was commenting on house of glass Instagram

nope not me

Hey @tweedledeware you still open to testing some stuff out for us? What standards do you have available to you if so?

1 Like