Fake shatter - Pine Resin cut hit Canada?

Hey, like I said. I’ve got a chromatograph. Send me a 200mg sample and I’ll happily test those out if you’re convinced something is weird. Dm me! Always good to know what to look out for!

16 Likes

No true!

Had Canadians clients ask me about this. Told them to distance themselves… it’s definitely out there.

@itsyoboydevon @tweedledew
Hey did you guys every figure out what those dabs devon has are. I got the exact same ones and have no clue what they are. Like it looks the exact same

@tweedledew i also cant figure out how to message people on here it actually just doesnt let me dm Anyone.

You have to become a basic member before you can send dms.

Just read a few threads and you’ll earn the basic member badge I think. Once you do, you can dm.

Wow nice work

1 Like

My guess is people are just dumping a bag of pine resin into their ethanol with actual cannabinoids then after they purge it comes out as a perfectly uniform half-cut shatter. This is scary stuff because they’re loaded with volatiles and resin acids.

Then people are probably unknowingly (or knowingly) putting this down into carts and getting people sick. There are resins/gums/rosins from various trees that are frightening how similar they are in texture to all sorts of different cannabis extracts. Soluble in the same things too.

3 Likes

I have a friend who purchased black market shatter out of IL, a full oz… shit was very clear (looked CRCd), strong pine and lemon scent… low potency… started playing with it and it was NOTHING like shatter or wax or budder or anything else directly from a cannabis plant. Behaved like industrial hot glue… Shit went in the garbage and if my buddy ever finds out who poured the slab, I’m pretty sure that guy is going to need 4 new tires and some new front teeth.

2 Likes

My concern is all the people describing this crap and saying it had “low potency.” That leads me to believe it’s not just pine resin but instead cannabinoids + pine resin (+ fake terps) which is much more concerning.

If it were straight up fake you’d know off one dab but if it has effects, even mild, I think it’s much much worse. People will keep using it and disregard their belief that it’s fake and that’s going to expose people to some really nasty chemicals. These resins are acidic. I would be willing to bet that there is fake shatter being sold online that is just pine resin mixed with technically legal synthetic cannabinoids and a little bit of fake terps. It may not be from pine but there are tons of different resins/rosins from other plants and petroleum products out there that have all sorts of consistencies. Everyone who’s come by “weird shatter” lately says it doesn’t taste weedy and the effects seemed different.

2 Likes

got it triple tested at a lab near me

6 Likes

Any chance you can test for some of the components of tree resins/rosins? They seem to be made up of “acidic terpenes” amongst other widely known chemicals. At least these chemicals have long been identified in industrial products

Edit: just saw the photo. Damn that is convincing. Any idea what the impurities are?

I have some pieces of it if you want to get it sampled.

80/g

(jk dont ban me bro, free of course for science)

6 Likes

That wouldn’t be something I could take on but I appreciate you taking the time and resources to get it tested for cannabinoids. That is evidence enough to the fact that there is clearly another cut that we don’t even know about yet. Scary that it’s completely solid too since that makes me think it’s getting melted down into carts. Did you test for solvents?

nope just cannabinoids

This has to be fake.

Tastes wrong. Don’t get sticky in my fingers.

An hour and a half in room temp everclear. It looks like only the color is dissolving. Any ideas for a poor mans test. There’s no lab around here in Cuomo country that won’t call the cops on me.

2 Likes

Again, if anyone’s in Canada I’m happy to test their resin cut stuff for free :slight_smile:

8 Likes

I got some HOG & DIamond Extracts that look all the same dark orangey colour and taste awful like plastic but has all the other proeprties as normal shatter

1 Like

does it melt in between warm fingers

1 Like