Fake shatter - Pine Resin cut hit Canada?

It melts fast. Just like normal shatter but the taste and smell are obvious off

pine will not dissolve in ethanol, im pretty sure

the stuff I had did not dissolve

2 Likes

You saw the video of that kid right? Shit bounced like a marble, haha. No telling if that was pine or not.

1 Like

I took a dab of fake shatter. It dissolved like real shatter. Just smelt and tasted like plastic

2 Likes

Been seeing a new post about another person getting this pine resin/gum rosin pop up every single day. Surprised the news hasn’t picked the story up yet

1 Like

Hey guys I dont know if it’s Pine Resin or whatever but THEY DO cut the shatter and live resin with some shady shit… I personally tested several samples from different companies changing water between every dab and after only one hit, I could see a ‘‘white reclaim sort of looking thing’’ floating in my rig. some companies have close to no white residue but they almost all have this kind of ‘‘reclaim’’ some companies even leaves a white residue on the mouth of the users and mouthpiece of the rigs. I’ve been dabbing for several years and I NEVER saw this kind of residue, nor tasted these kind of terpenes… I strongly recommend only doing business with trusty suppliers these days. I use dab pearls in my banger and to keep them clean I keep a little iso vial wich I dip them in between every dab, I then put them in a paper towel to dry the iso excess. after some time, the Iso needs to be changed, it become muddy and dark so I ditch the iso and put in some new… Since a month or so after dipping my balls :wink: in the iso it leaves a white residue in the vial, looking like the original post pics…
Some friends close to me reported having asthma issues after smoking these extracts.
I proceeded to extract the white mass from my rig to try to dissolve it in 99% Isopropyl, without any success. Then in ethanol, without any success. I got videos and pictures of the testings let me know if you experienced similar problems with your extracts or If you have any info concerning the problem.
Please email armndabberextracts@protonmail.com with any info.

-a concerned dude.

3 Likes

This is what all the fake shatter looks like.

This was posted on reddit in the video as fake diamonds. Both report to leave a white foamy substance everywhere. Tons of reports about this popping up on Instagram and Reddit

4 Likes

Just finished this Pacific Frost OG shatter. Delicious!

2 Likes

I thought It was pine rosin at first, but then It says ‘‘Rosin dissolves in alcohol, benzene, chloroform and ether.’’ I tried to dissolve the residue in 99% isopropylic alcohol, without any change to the mass… I really dont know what they use to cut their dabs but they do cut it… its concerning…

1 Like

Gross… It was theorized at one point that another fake shatter was shatter cut with 2/3 parts wax/lipids from winterizing. Sounds like that would fit the bill

2 Likes

It seems there’s 2 batches of bad stuff going around.

One in the Canadian market which appears to be the straight up pine sap. (Not sticky, doesn’t get you high, smells like pine, amber color, will not get sticky from body heat in hand)

The second is in US black market stuff (sticky, gets you high, smells of artificial limonene, light yellow cloudy color, sticks to fingers)

I think a lot of the confusion comes from people mixing up the two.

I got ahold of the some of the US market stuff, and I’m not convinced that there’s anything inherently wrong with it. Dissolved some in MeOH and it looked pretty normal, on the fatty side though. Which would make sense if it’s reprocess fats. :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Dont get me wrong here pal, the stuff im talking about DOES get you high and have all the properties you said above, the artificial terps are really present (feels like smoking shitty distillates with added terps) and is all around here In canada.
I think that THIS is a big deal, since we chose concentrates for their higher level of purity I just can’t understand why would you just keep smoking stuff without knowing wich cutting agent is used and what are their side effects…
We all know money is the motive but at wich point…

Spice/k2 infused fake shatter sprayed with terps.

Gives the end user the “mj effects” from the k2/spics, and taste/aroma from the terps.

2 Likes

With just a touch of batshit crazy from those synthetics.

3 Likes

Just a bit of sudden onset crippling paranoia.

Ya know… whatever.

2 Likes

I dunno where you’re at but I haven’t seen or heard of any around in BC or toronto

1 Like

I heard of a bunch of kegs of shatter coming in at $6/per from Alberta of all places. Made me a bit suspect as that beats the avg BC price by 20-30%

2 Likes

We got some nice white sugary stuff from our guy a while back. fantastic product.

he called this batch v2 of that but its more like whats being described here.

extremely stable - takes forever to melt in hand - shatters like crazy - tastes like playdough or maybe rubber bands, not exactly the worst but certainly not the best - gets you high - dissolved in iso resulted in what looks like a bit of fats and lipids - took a long time to dissolve but eventually did - i wont say white residue but every hit leaves my teeth and lips sticky.

:man_shrugging:t3:

1 Like

1 Like

it had been in iso in the middle pic for about 5 mins with no breakdown