Extraction Manager Looking for Work / East Coast

Currently in Blue Ridge, GA

Lost my job as operations manager for a extraction laboratory start-up at the beginning of July due to the tides of the market. I have 6 years of experience in the cannabis industry, and have been cross trained in many different departments such as packaging, cultivation, compliance administration (METRC/Cultivera) and mainly extraction. I have a keen understanding of hydrocarbon extraction, ethanol extraction, and short path distillation, along with a myriad post-processing techniques involved with said methods. I’ve created and maintained databases on Google Sheets that track batch logs and costs of resources (solvents, packaging, material, labor), to ascertain average yield of all batches ran (separated by consistency) and cost of goods sold. For most of my career I was directly responsible for maintaining laboratory operations, creating SOPs, conducting research, while procuring and allocating resources for both the extraction and packaging departments. My team also won the 1st and 2nd place awards for the “Best Dab” category at the 2020 Craft Cannabis Cup in WA.

I’m looking to join a team as a manager or even director, where I can create SOPs, train technicians, assistants and packagers, procure resources for the lab, facilitate and maintain contracts and projects with other producer/processors/retail stores, and create a safe and healthy work environment for a team to thrive in.

Contact me for my resume!

14 Likes

Damn, I’m sorry to hear about this. I hope you find something. And I’ll keep my eyes open for anything that might be a fit

6 Likes

You can search “cannabis” in the jobs on LinkedIn and come across some cannabis specific recruiters. I’d spiffy up your resume and send it out to them or apply to the job postings directly if you find something interesting. I did see some gigs in FL but maybe AZ is calling. Relocation assistance might be slim unless you can swing a supervisor job.

But definitely leave any drama out of it. You are just a guy who left your previous job for “more opportunities”… Nothing else need to be said about why you left. Good luck man.

7 Likes

As someone who lives in FL avoid the industry here. Thats just my $.2 on it though. Better off in a different state.

4 Likes

What experience do you have with “the industry” in FL? Or do you mean the landscaping industry?

15 Likes

Didn’t expect you to be the OP in this thread, shitty to hear this. Hope things look up for you.

6 Likes

I really appreciate the input. I’m well acquainted with LinkedIn and moving states for jobs, it’s nothing new to me at all. I left my hometown in FL to learn in CO, and moved to WA after getting a lot of experience there. The last two positions I held were management/supervisory and both offered relocation assistance, if I stay in the cannabis industry I wouldn’t accept anything less than a supervisory position, I have much more to offer than starting from the bottom once again, unless I don’t? I feel like 6 years in the industry holds some weight. I certainly know what I’m doing and have knowledge to transfer. If all anyone has to offer me is a packaging/trimming/budtender/other entry level position after reading my resume, please move along because I’m not interested. If I must start from the bottom I’d prefer a new industry, always willing to learn something new, and I’m quick with it.

Thanks again for your advice! I’m mostly looking on the east coast since my family and friends are scattered along there. The FL industry does seem wack, I’ve been keeping my eye on it. I’d love to explore AZ though, I’ll keep that state in consideration for sure.

(Sorry hope I didn’t come off as rude.)

6 Likes

If you’re looking for a new industry, instrumentation and process piping are fairly easy transitions. Lots of oil work right now

3 Likes

Industry vet, pharma to farma. Bold moves, big knowledge, don’t leave before it’s kicked off.

You’ve sacrificed, and sunk-cost fallacy be damned, You’ve surely suffered…

Don’t make it for naught.

Do it again.

You’ve swam across the US, you are beyond halfway. Don’t turn back, rest, recover, rethink it, (decide, orient, act). Ring the bell only after you’re sure it’s not emotional.

You’d stomp in Oregon.

9 Likes

So True! :rofl: Avoid FL companies like the Plague! Work or Consultations doesn’t matter. Most of them will do everything they can to avoid paying

3 Likes

@raghanded

1 Like

@lefties.cannabis

1 Like

This is @terplord420’s previous employer

9 Likes

Oh snap. And here I was, marveling at the power of the forum and feeling all warm and fuzzy.

I think I need to run all my posts past you. You’re on point, @FicklePickle .

I pray they can work out their differences.

I imagine a scenario where they met on here from the job listing and messaged and really liked eachother. Then, they meet for the interview and decide to work it out.

That might be the plot of a 90’s movie.

8 Likes

you’re making me think of the episode of Seinfeld where George just keeps going to work like nothing happened

13 Likes

I genuinely appreciate all the support I’m receiving. I hope things go well for both of us. The turn of events is certainly unfortunate, but it may be for the better. I’m still not sure what I’m going to do, but they have a good support system and I’m confident in their ability to continue. I hope all the best, regardless of what is thought about me.

On another note, I’ve received a few recommendations to try doing sales and I’m certainly curious taking the route. Could anyone give some pointers to someone still developing their confidence? Thanks!

5 Likes

I think you may have watched you got mail, Bridget Jones diaries and Jerry Maguire a few too many times :wink:

2 Likes

Oil and gas is great.

6 Likes

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Job Listings Thread :man_scientist:

I dont know. Stop tagging me