Extraction Manager Looking for Work / East Coast

Think I should de-weedify my resume for this sector? What general positions would you recommend I look into? Doing a deep dive right now on the general positions in the industry, getting a better idea where I can put my foot in the door and offer the most help. I do think I’d like to go a remote sales route, if I can even obtain that.

1 Like

Definitely de-weedify. Color it up, call yourself a process operator/technician

Swagelok experience is valuable, so is knowing how to torque stuff and install valves/gaskets etc

There’s quite a bit of work in ND that will pay per diem, so you don’t have to commit to relocating full time. I know OPD has something out there now

2 Likes

Hey terplord, send me your resume and/or brief on experience and if you have any management experience. I’m looking to bring on someone to run my production and manage my guys. Chilled ethanol extraction 25,000 lbs a week hemp. Let me know if interested. Colorado just north of denver

11 Likes

I don’t think you need to de-weed it at all.

Imo - I think that the fact one could go into an interview and say something like this

"One of the rarest oil opportunities in all oil markets is the birth of a new one. The volitility and lack of infrastructure has allowed me to learn to surf the oil markets and truly understand the relationships of supply/demand a government interference.

I went through 7 oil cycles, flower, crude, wax, disty, conversions and terpenes all I’m about 5-7 years.

The knowledge and chemical process knowledge I have is invaluable as conversions are just small scale Fischer tropic synthesis, distillation is distillation, and extraction is the same. Just different temps and pressures."

Obviously walk in an suit - no dreads and stinky wook shit - and blow their expectations away between your look and background

14 Likes

clean FR clothing with a nice pressed collar is usually better in the trades, I can’t imagine the reaction you’d get showing up to a gas plant in a suit

3 Likes

Walk in Lookin like Daniel Plainview from “There Will Be Blood”

5 Likes

I would want to take my knowledge and move it to the Captialization side of the industry.

You have been there, done that and understand the nuances that are involved in scaled versions of things.

The money. The fun. And the knowledge are in the ownership side of this.

There is zero difference in a cannabis lab and a Ole chemical refinery besides mastery of equipment, operations, tax’s and cyclical knowledge.

If you want to work harder hours, harder work and make 100k a year operating a gas plant. Be my guest. What’s your time worth?

6 Likes

Walk in looking like this guy download (6)

6 Likes

Wishing you the best of luck. It seems there are opportunities in the midwest and east coast. Would you be open to either?

1 Like

I’m definitely open to opportunities on the East Coast. My parents live in GA, sister and in-law live in VT, and I have friends in NY and ME. I’m a little more hesitant to the midwest, but still open to the right opportunity. I certainly can’t afford rent here on the West.

3 Likes

there are a lot of 60-80k jobs out there

Linked in
Glassdoor
Google
Zip Recruiter
Indeed
Viridian
Cannbizteam
Vangst

Make a good resume and don’t look like a wook on the zoom interview and you good. Send me your resume if you want a 2nd opinion and I’ll give you some notes. Don’t just appear to be a doer on your CV, show your achievements as well.

Ie instead of” I built and ran a lab and managed 17 employees” be like “ took a small operational foot print from 1.1m annual sales to 1.8m annual sales and lowered cost of good sold by 12%”

6 Likes

Just bumping the thread! I’m still looking for work, haven’t had much luck getting interviews for jobs outside of the industry or in WA state. I’ve updated my resume and edited the main post with it, feel free to give it a look over if you’re hiring! (I’m still editing it here and there to better display my skills, and as always, any insight is appreciated)

PS. Another thank you to the folks above for helping out with ideas for my resume and career path!

5 Likes

Bumping again, haven’t gotten any job offers in the area (or outside), and I have to let property management know whether I’m staying or vacating by 9/10. If you guys know anyone in Seattle or WA in general who needs furniture, let me know. I have a bedroom set and living room set, it’d be nice to get a little money from it so I can move. It’s all in great condition, I’d keep it if it wasn’t so expensive to move with it. If there’s some interest I’ll make a post on here with pictures, only throwing it out there because I noticed other users trying to sell non-cannabis stuff.

I’ll most likely be in GA within the next few months, so east coast opportunities would make the most sense. Thanks again guys.

3 Likes

you dont want to move furniture coast to coast. Im moving to ??? and gotta get out so im moving my couch and chairs and my moms old dining room table and all kinds of lawn equipment and ac shit to my grandmas garage tomorrow.

im gonna interview as a roommate tomorrow. lake house with me in the alkout basement? and a pontoon. Seems a great place to get sober. Except it is a party lake with bars like 1 block from the house full of drunk boaters. Jobs are not prevalent there but its near milwaukee.

Sounds like its time to start your own thing :muscle:

2 Likes

Yeah, I don’t have any friends or family here in WA so I don’t really have anyone to leave my furniture with. Like I said, it’d be nice to sell it. If anyone in WA needs used furniture let me know, I’m trying to give a good deal so I can get it out of here, I only have a month to do so. Got it listed on offerup and facebook marketplace already, but maybe finding someone here will be easier. If I can’t sell it I’m just gonna donate it.

if you have to move give it to goodwill. Id be able to fit my shit in a storage if it wasnt for the 17 lights and carbon filters taking up space- i may give those away too.

Are you moving to Oregon to make pre rolls for $20/hr plus profit sharing for me?

2 Likes

Throw in a 1 bedroom apartment with small yard for the pup.
@thumper Oregon is calling

2 Likes