Extending pectin pour time?

Hello all. I have a pectin recipe that has taken me almost a year to perfect. I have been doing flood and scrape on single sicone molds and I have no issues with time. As soon as I add more molds it starts setting before I’m done. So I have one pot with the glucose syrup, sugar and water. I hear that till it’s 180. In another pot I have the Pacific pectin, water and heat it till 195. I then mix the 2 together and heat till 230. I add 10 grams of citric acid and 40 grams of water. Stir that in for 60 seconds then dump it. There is exactly enough slurry to fill 4 molds, and it starts setting. Is there anyway to get this time extended by a minute. Because I’m wanting to flood and scrape 10 to 12 molds at a time. I appreciate any help.

Sodium citrate, or stop using hm100

2 Likes

So, I was using sodium citrate before and then I had the exact opposite reaction. The gummies would not set. So my batch is around 1000 mls. How much sodium citrate should I use to extend set time? Sometimes I just would rather do gelatin, but everyone loves the pectin.

Insulate/electronically heat your depositor.

He needs way more help than that. Did you see his 4 mat photo… the full mat has tags…

He never gives a pH reading…
@Hippymeds are u using a meter

Use heat mats under the molds to keep the gummy solution warm and you’ll get more kick time the solution is kicking because it goes below 180f

Dm me with the amount of pectin and acid your using and we can compare it to my recipe

I use hm100 in a deposit and do 3k piece batches no problem

Hm100 has it in there already

I have the atago ph and refractometer, but I would be lying if I said I knew how to use them.

Looks like you have work to do. Id take up kingofthetush’s offer… but id neve ever heat my molds up… thats a rookie move… 100% a bad idea

I know plenty of people that do it its silicone youre not going to melt it so sometimes simple things work best

1 Like

@Hippymeds id be reluctant to listen to a losser that claims " pectin can’t be scraped "… we scrape 50k (440 pounds) pectin gummies a day, and we have never ever heated a mold. Yes it would help… but you are robbing from Peter to pay Paul… thats all the info im giving up…

Lmao youre such a dumbass I’ve never said pectin cant be flood and scraped i started out using hm 100 and doing flood and scrape so :crazy_face: youre also using a slow set pectin which doesnt give as good of results so im helping him use what he has atm

you need to slow down on the drugs buddy it’s frying your brain

Sure looks like gelatin to me :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

2 Likes

Ive made way more gummies in a few month span that most people in their lives. Ive never done a ph reading and laughed about it when people mentioned it as i use purees that all have large variances in ph/its contents. If his issue is its settling to fast than no from my understanding he only needs to do 1 thing to help that

2 Likes

Keep doing you and learning boss ignore the haters who over complicate making gummys… also anything can be scrapped but hes forgetting the part where its inneficient/not fully done and lets be real who the f wants to scrape something that sets. Keep working the process youll get it. Bunch of hates tryna keep something to their selves besides kush literallt offering to compare recipes.

2 Likes

100% agree I’ve never used a ph meter or brix meter :rofl:

1 Like

What brands do you produce and what machinery are you using to do that volume. Since you are the gummy master show off your successful brand! Also why would you need to scrape 50k gummies daily? :skull::skull::skull::skull:

Sounds like your process sucks :see_no_evil::man_shrugging::joy:

1 Like

Heres 2 of the brands i white label for i had a picture of the doja pak gummies but i cant find it in my phone

1 Like

Sent dm

Just posting some ethos here but im not actively trying to sell my recipe as i like pushing my product and not having someone with my exact recipe pushing out diff flavors(making the perf flavor is all trial and error no rnd) and lets be real if its food related people are sticking to w.e it is, i will never not eat blue rasberry gummies/candies. Last thing i need is someone knocking out the other big demographic flavors or possibly making a flavor that tasted as good/or better. No one mfgs their raw ingrediants so your source on those are large factors

Beautiful packaging. Made with extract?