Evenly Mix Terps + Distillate

Hello everyone I’ve been a long time cart producer but I’ve worked from the shadows while just reading and absorbing knowledge. one question I can’t seem to figure out is how to mix for example let’s says 100ml of d9 distillate with 5ml of terpenes? How do I ensure it’s been evenly mixed throughout the whole 105ml of solution. My current method is pour 100ml distillate into a 250ml Pyrex jar with lid. Drop a magnetic stirrer pill in the jar, shake it in my hand for about 5-10 mins then place on heated magnetic hot plate with the play at 130/50 degrees Fahrenheit and stirring. Help greatly appreciated. Thank you

2 Likes

Thanks wodie for the seo boost. You need a homogenizer

7 Likes

hmm haven’t thought about this. went to go look on amazon and see they average $200+ do you have any recommendations on which model to select without breaking the bank? thanks for your reply also i’ve been eyeing your cart filler.

Homogenizer all the way. Thoroughly clean the homogenizer after use and oven dry if possible.

Them thangs hold onto terps like crazy, especially when elastomeric seals are involved.

Maybe @qma has an open source SOP

2 Likes

The good stuff is always expensive.

3 Likes

Yep.

Knowing to search for “homogenize” rather than “evenly mix” makes all the difference…

You’ll find Search results for 'homogenize' - Future4200 has a LOT of information behind it.

Highly recommend you spend some time there.

4 Likes

Great thank you all for your replies

Can anyone recommend me a model and all the supplies that would best suit for batches of 100ml at a time.

Just as you learned that “evenly mix” is “homogenizing” you will know learn the meaning of “spoon”

2 Likes

Well this is all new to me so any knowledge is welcome

I’ll save you the time. You are going to find a lot of recommendations for CAT scientific homogenizers. x120 seems to be most popular choice. cost is a bit over $1000. I’ll probably be grabbing one of these soon myself

you might also want to think about getting a filler gun from @cart.farm

1 Like

You need to size for 300ml, because thats where you will be after the first couple runs on your mixer

Cat, the people I reccomend, shut down and moved. They have a new site but it is super expensive

Get on eBay. Search homogenizer. There is a lil 110v one for less than $200 brand new. It works just fine for 100ml batches. Heat your oil to 90c before adding terps and mix for 4 minutes.

homogenizer for sale | eBay you are not looking for ultrasonic. make sure you get a probe with it.

the polytron (Brinkmann) and tissuemizer (tekmar) are both solid units. looks like $400 will get the job done. No clue on the $139.99 models.

1 Like

The amazon homogenizers can do really small batches

1 Like

How small of batches? I really want to get a “starter” Homogenizer just to see how much of a difference it makes. I can go down to 50ml batches of disillate

Do you mind sending me the link that that specific model? Thank you

that specific model would be essentially any of the sub $200 NEW models that show up in the link I provided upthread. aka the $139.99 model I commented on.

at this point you should be asking “will this one work?” rather than “will someone search eBay for me?”

:plate_with_cutlery:

note that “new” and “under $200” are simple check boxes…trivial mods to the first :spoon: you were handed.

2 Likes

Thank you for spoon feeding me. I just want to make sure I don’t end up buying something wrong like wrong probe or wrong voltage. Thank you for your help.

1 Like