Bigger batches of cartridges

Good day canna community. Am looking to graduate from 150 gram batches of cartridges both live resin and regular distillate cartridges up from a stir bar and jars to hopefully 400/ half liters at a time of mixing preparing cartridges. Does anybody have equipment or a process of making batches this amount more easily or efficient with still getting a nice blend of smaller batches? Thank you hopefully in the right area didn’t see anything quite yet searching.

2 Likes

Just lurk here long enough someone will come along.

2 Likes

You’re gunna want a microwave, homogenizer, cf250 from @cart.farm and a 5/16th drill bit. You can do 500 yourself a shift w.o breaking a sweat :+1:

4 Likes

Bigger batches?

1/2liter is not a big batch…

Jet-Fueler Semi-Automatic Cartridge Filler

@ky_cbd is correct a cart farmer is your best bet

Evenly Mix Terps + Distillate - #2 by qma

3 Likes

My batch is approximately 2200 carts at I time. I just formulate in a large beaker and I use heat as sparingly as possible. For the homogenizer to work it requires heating up my oil too much. I hand stir and take multiple samples from different parts of the container and run on hold and I have never had homogenization issues using 3 extremely different viscosity inputs. I can smash out formulation, filling and capping of all 2200 carts in 2 work days solo with nothing but an oven and a Thompson Duke. I still consider the batches I do as “small batches”.

5 Likes

Uploading: laughingwooks.png…

12 Likes

It’s a shitty 2 days but after making 50,000+ in the last year I’ve gotten pretty quick. The trick is to never remove them from the packaging they come in. Fill them while they are still in the foam. Put the lids on with the lids in the foam and let the packaging staff deal with it from there. For clarification this is only filling and capping. Even got an hourly employee going at that speed now.

5 Likes

Me and a helper can mix and fill 13k in 2 days.

8 Likes

Half my wooks could crush 5-8k solo if you swapped their ket for some peruvian preformance powder

17 Likes

If I’m using the automated filler and capper I have I can get up there too but the automation doesn’t like the ceramic carts like I like to use so it’s all manual.

Cart farmer setup looks faster than a TD for sure but there is no way my thumb could handle capping enough carts to keep up with that. I cap 2000 carts and myself and my thumb are both very over it for a few days.

2 Likes

Sounds like a job for machine vision detection of center post skew =) whistles

3 Likes

Press tips? Idk how it would play with ceramics but I used to use one of those harbor freight plastic trigger clamps to snap lids down on press fits.

https://www.harborfreight.com/heavy-duty-ratchet-bar-clamp-spreader-95027.html

Beats killing your hand

3 Likes

Whats the 5/16th for? Holes to hold carts in for caping?

2 Likes

Capping.

1 Like

https://www.instagram.com/s/aGlnaGxpZ2h0OjE4MDU0NDY4NDY2MjAyMjIy?igshid=12pruqg4nondo&story_media_id=2258625966606009933

I wonder why it doesn’t send the story I link

2 Likes

We sell a table top AUTOFILLER for 15k shipped that can fill 100 1ml ccell style carts in 4min or less.
That would help automate you filling process .

Kungfuvapes@gmail.com

1 Like

Apologize for bugging you I couldn’t find any info on if all that’s needed for the 50ml res is the heating pad and the unimatic.

Unimatic
Heating pad
50ml res.

If there is anything else needed let me know I just placed an order for those two items and paid for it.

1 Like

Pretty sure I can fill 100 1ml ccells in 4mins with a @cart.farm cf-50 and it cost less than $400. So thanks but no thanks :ok_hand:

7 Likes

I can do 50 in 4minute with a glass syringe and a beaker of dist on my hotplate. I feel you

3 Likes