Epilepsy and cannabis

If you really have given out SPD kits for kids…

You sir are a very kind person indeed and if there is such a place as heaven, you deserve a place there …

1 Like

Brother Black_Beard I too just ordered my spd from David and I have been going over this great thread to refresh my memory. Its a great read plus its a gold mine for beginners. :v:

2 Likes

What is a sod kit? Does it increase potency for rso?
Apologies if duh ?

SPD kit, stands for short path distillation. It does increase the potency of the oil significantly

1 Like

Like from mid 60s to what? Jc

Mid 90’s if you know what you’re doing.

Can reduce it too if you try hard enough.

See: Chromatogram: 3% THC

Anyone talk to @chefrobert lately? Hope he’s doing well.

2 Likes

Haven’t spoken to that guy in sometime. He was down on his luck pretty bad with covid and all

1 Like
1 Like

Wow. that was almost totally useless. I can see why folks think you’re a bot.

Cool science, but I know 5 year olds who can provide better sources for their info.

Have you heard about the new tool the physicists at cern built? It allows you to insert inline pointers to resources located elsewhere?

Becomes:

Stanford scientists and their collaborators have shown.

(Thanks for beating me to it @Franklin)

1 Like

Maybe this will help

Epidiolex is only documented to work with dravet syndrome, a specific type of epilepsy

1 Like

This one is a bit more informative I was l9oking for this one…

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

2 Likes

Links or it didn’t happen…

So GW got Epidiolex to market without clinical trials?!?

Where are you sourcing this knowledge you’re sharing?

1 Like

Only anecdotal but a friend of our farm’s wife had seizures almost daily. He was given some distillate and his wife takes a toothpick sized dose two times per day.

Consistently now over the past year and a half she will not have any seizures if she takes her dose. If she misses a day, she seems to be much more prone to having them.

It’s not a clinical study nor is it really anything more than one single person exhibiting benefits to their health issues by directly consuming a full cannabinoid spectrum distillate (about 85% D9 and 95% TAC) but it is nonetheless a data point supporting it.

2 Likes

Epidiolex ONLY works with Dravets, which is one subset of epilepsy. Their data only pertained to that one type.

2 Likes

Yep. Intractable w/other medications. Solid clinical data though.

The fact that it works probably implies that exogenous cannabinoids can also cause seizures…I’m just suggesting @Estrella post sources if they’ve got them

I thought it was a bot

1 Like

Testing that…or attempting to

1 Like