Enzyme Assisted Extraction (EAE)

yep. Process was Herbolea user was in Zimbabwe iirc.

no liquor though.

Tried to help them out, but they had run out of trust and wtf would hire some @cyclopath they met on the internet?!?

@Ganjineer710 please don’t take offense @moronnabis I swear he is not deliberately trying you to piss you off.

3 Likes

No offense taken. I understand the skepticism. Lots of ghosts have flaunted proprietary technology behind NDAs and tease for attention here.

2 Likes

Yeah, the folks who tried selling me their “works for Tomatoes, so it should work for cannabis” back in 2014 or 15 where unintentionally isomerizing.

With lycopene that was a plus…

I do however get a glimmer of what you’re sending back from beyond the event horizon, and am absolutely willing to concede that they may simply not have been hitting the high notes correctly.

#fuckyeah!

1 Like

Thanks…for update on the greater scope of ultrasonics.
I might be a little blinded but I don’t see any great future for the EAE.

I’m about 80% convinced that the enzymatic part of herbolea’s process is purely a MacGuffin for the suits who don’t know any better.

The product it produces is garbage, but at least the equipment is expensive and the yeields are shite!

5 Likes

If you place trim/flower/bubble hash in PROPER pH WATER you will almost instantaneously extract the cannabinoic acids as a solute. Is this a “thesis” or a “Hypothesis” you are putting forward. At the PROPER pH it is highly unlikely that your Enzyme works.

Please show us data concerning YOUR ENZYME activity data on test compounds at varying pH say 5-13. Capisce?

Please out line the pH values you think are relevant for your floating materials, and provide some conceptual framework for the ionization state of the carboxylic acid. I should remind you that THCA and CBDA are all very different in these regards (solubility). Please note reference above, if CBDA is highly soluble in 50% ethanol why would you add enzymes to have it float on top…show is some qualitative data of molecules in each fraction of your “thesis” SOP???
Can you even add biomass to the aqueous enzyme solution and stir it without knocking the trichomes off. Are you adding salt? I can not quite follow what you are doing…you have data that suggests THCA floats when dropped in water?? Please advise.

1 Like

Now there is some data (Heads phenomena) that suggests a compartmentalization of Cannabinoic Acid storage in trichome capitate storage areas. If your enzyme thesis concerns mid pH ranges, it is possible that you could chew away at the capitate exterior surface and liberate a material that represents Cannabinoic Acids complexed with some additional compound (such as Palmitamide), and that the complexed material is not solvated and has a combined density such that it floats.

Whether or not it would ever be a profitable extraction method is moot, but just the demonstration of the floating complex would certainly reveal some mysteries of the in situ state of capitate storage areas.

1 Like

I don’t have a MY enzyme because I’m not associated with Carbon Chemistry anymore. The only reason I commented is because my email is blowing up with comments on a post I made years ago. Notice the past tense framing used in my comment. This entire concept sat around for a long time while other products and processes were developed. IMO, there is no need for enzyme assisted extraction as I’m thoroughly in the “non-polar solvent covers the bases” camp.

4 Likes

Thanks, butane certainly does the job.
Regards,

Well it seems as if the subject of EAE has temporarily been beaten like a rented mule.

3 Likes