BioHarvest Sciences 12x more potent Cannabis

Cloned cannabis cells with 12 times more potency are grown in Israeli bioreactor | The Times of Israel

So it grows the weed molecules in a reactor & is 12x more potent and less weight/mass. how the F does this shit taste?? has anyone tried it out?

2 Likes

They probably mean 12x more potent than the hemp they started with.

3 Likes

Iā€™m just as curious. donā€™t have the slightest clue where you can procure products made from this, iā€™m guessing it would not come ā€˜as-isā€™ and would come formulated into some other kind of product.

been keeping an eye on their stock prices for awhile now, seems like itā€™s not really viable/competitive yet but if/when they get it dialed in it could be massively disruptive

2 Likes

This company makes a lot of noise but hasnā€™t produced any kind of concrete evidence as to how, or if, this concept works. Iā€™m pretty firm on it being total bs.

2 Likes

0.30 cent stockā€¦ hmm
iā€™ve been burned on all my canni stocks so far.

4 Likes

It looks like cereal or candyā€¦ just add fire.

This is older tech being applied to cannabis. Been waiting on this. Paclitaxel was one of the first uses.

Iā€™d love to see it under a microscope. Are these just ginormous trichomes?

3 Likes

massive trichomes?!? YUM.

Bit of a difference in claims - Bioharvest claims to be able to grow the entire trichome - tissues and all - in reactor whereas Paclitaxel involves an extremely complex biosynthesisā€¦

These are both whole cell cultures with the intent of harvesting secondary metabolites of the cells.

Granted this is producing multiple secondary metabolites.

(527) Cannabis Without the Plant - History in the Making - YouTube

Here is their explainer video w/ horrible music

1 Like

mmmmmmmmm terpcorn

2 Likes

12x more potent that 30% thc?

Can someone explain that math to me?

5 Likes

i see the 12x more potent, but donā€™t see the ā€˜ā€“than 30% thcā€™, can i ask where you found that?

i wonder if they get there by comparing THC per gram in their ā€˜trichrome kernelsā€™ vs. THC per gram of a WHOLE cannabis plant, stems/stalks/leaves included (vs. just THC per gram in the buds themselves)

We can haz ā€œ30% flowerā€.
So that is MY bar for ā€œpotentā€

in order to be ā€œ12x more potentā€, requires placing the bar for ā€œpotentā€ below 8%

Even whole plant can be had at better than that.

so their claims are at a minimum ā€œinflatedā€.

7 Likes

Paclitaxelā€¦im only interested in the middle part.

4 Likes

Here is a data sheet of claim. Wtf is Source Hemp Plant Flower reallyā€¦ Maybe pre reactor comparison or something shady.

Interesting non the less

4 Likes

12x more potent than low potency Hemp? What a discovery!

Nothing to see here folks.

1 Like

because we have gone down this road more than onceā€¦

3 Likes

I seen an article on this like 2 years ago and said well there goes the need for farmers and producers