Emulsion syrup rso (mother has lung cancer)

I made a post a while beck about making a syrup fir my mum using rso , I want a high dose 1000ng per 60ml syrup , I’ve been directed to use a homogeniser as was just getin separation results without , i now have a homogeniser and using ratio 1:1 rso and mct oil heating in microwave and stirring till blended (waiting on hotplate stirrer) then using a base syrup like a bubblegum sauce very very sweet as my mums a sweet tooth , this isn’t resulting in a sweet syrup as I expected an needed for her instead it’s very very bitter are there any tricks to mask the bitterness or take it away all together, I’ve done well never even new about emulsion till my last thread which I can’t access my old account as forgot credentials , but I really need some help with this I’ve didn’t a lot of time and effort research etc into making this for her and am really struggling with the taste for her please and pointers welcome with open arms

1 Like

A very hashy rso’y tasting product not the sweet heaven I was hoping for my mum to enjoy bless her

yeah, it’s probably made from trash (fan leaves), and extracted for days at rm temp.

that was the protocol for the “tastes like hate, feels like love” the first team I worked for were making when I came on board…

I got rid of the hate by extracting at -40 to -80C.
you might have some luck washing against boiling water.

the cannabinoids are NOT soluble in water. the chlorophyl IS.
separation is easy once everything cools down to room temp.

I’d try adding 10x volume of boiling water and stirring vigorously. let cool. retrieve oil. repeat until water doesn’t change color/taste.

if you find you get an emulsion layer as well, then add a little table salt to the boiling water.

4 Likes

Ok so wash it in ten Times amount of water as rso , how do I retrieve the oil what method to take oil out of water each time , as that feels like a balls ache already lo lol

So each time water will change colour and taste , even after retrieved rso from it ?

they are immiscible , let it cool and they will separate. the oil should be mostly solid at rm temp. may float. may sink. either should be relatively easy to retrieve.

don’t add the MCT till you’re done.

if you’re trying to remediate stuff that already has the MCT (no longer solidifies) you’ll need a separatory funnel. you can fake one with a ziplock bag. just cut one corner off…

5 Likes

if you’ve moved something from the RSO into the water, yes the water will look or taste different.

once it doesn’t, you’re no longer having any noticeable effect.
so you should stop :wink:

2 Likes

And that should decrease bitterness U reckon pal

1 Like

the bitter taste is NOT the cannabinoids.
that is mostly chlorophyl.

I’ve not tried this particular trick on RSO…but will go try it right now on a 33mg/ml (1g in 30ml) in MCT right now. or maybe on the dark green 50mg/ml in coconut oil that knocked me on my ass last week…How to convert/cook to distilliate to turn into edibles? - #19 by cyclopath

if you’re in MCT, there is no need for boiling water.

edit: don’t seem to have any 33mg/ml in black, tried a light brown…definitely get an emulsion with the MCT in there. looks like it will take more than 30min to separate. I’ll probably try washing the “coffee blackner” in the morning.

2 Likes

YUCK!!!

once wash doesn’t seem to have improved the grassy flavor of the random tincture I just pulled from the shelf. and I had to add salt to the water to get separation in any reasonable timeframe.

I believe it’s still a viable option on the raw RSO. I suggest you let someone with a decent supply try it before you risk granny’s meds (although if she won’t eat it as is, you’re not risking much).

give me 24hrs or so.

5 Likes

Really appreciate the help bro really do , yeah very grassy hash kind of taste to it rather than the very sweet I was hoping for

Can’t thank you enough I really can’t , amazing !! Yes your right I can’t be risking to much meds now have used quite a bit up tinkering to get as far as I had , as I say in my last post I was just pushed towards a homogeniser to get the non seperation result which fair play worked with ease an I’m no THC scientist so happy days however they failed to warn me that this will taste like shite an the sweet flavour I’m looking for won’t be achieved aha I’m hoping there’s still hope spent quite a lot of money to get this far aswell so I really am at a loose end right now sighhhh :yawning_face::green_heart::green_heart::green_heart:

sooo…

turns out I don’t have any undiluted RSO in the house, nor enough spare solvent to make any.

was able to break the emulsion with a little salt when washing RSO/MCT, but didn’t notice much in the way of taste or color improvement. I was not able to break the emulsion formed when attempting to wash RSO/Coconut oil. usually I’d just throw it in a centrifuge, but I don’t currently have access to one of the appropriate form factor.

might take me a couple of days to talk someone out of a sample to play with…

see if you can locate a “root beer” flavor, even after washing with water gran is still gonna object to the taste.

2 Likes

So the root beer flavour drops should Lear the bitter taste then ? Or any extract flavouring drops in general like ones for candy

Thanks I respect that fully all your help is amazing

I had a couple of coworkers (trimmers) get together and make hard candies as a side project. As they were doing this at home, they made RSO for their cannabinoid source. the rootbeer flavoring they used did one of the best jobs I’ve tasted at masking/complementing the taste of 100mg RSO per dose that I’ve run across.

given that I didn’t taste the input, all I have to go on is the taste and effects of the candies. they were pretty close to 100mg based on effects, and didn’t taste horrible.

Does it need to be put on or under tongue? Or can you put in capsules and just swallow the motor oil?

Caps!!

Ideally cut 1:1 with an edible oil (doesn’t matter a whole lot which one) like MCT or coconut oil to increase bioavailability.

1 Like

I made a bunch of coconut oil caps recently. The only taste you get is if you burp lol

1 Like

image image

Small jar is ~30mg/ml in MCT. Took a little table salt to get it to separate properly. There is a small emulsion layer still visible. Using a syringe to pull the top layer off would be appropriate.

The larger jar is on the order of 50mg/ml in coconut oil, and was from a jar labeled “external use only”…probably because it tasted so heinous.

It’s been sitting for 30+ hrs, and has mostly separated. You can see some stuff that has dropped to the bottom of the jar, and I’m now going to pull the top layer and go again.

1 Like