EHO Color Remediation

Yeah, the magnesol pulls greens and some yellows.

I’m gonna wash this in etho tomorrow.

3 Likes

It was meant for you @Renchi

2 Likes

What kinda filter setup is this??

@Krative
@tweedledew

This should hopefully answer both your questions. If not feel free to clarify.

I’m using a 240mm buchner funnel. 25 micron paper in the bottom.
100g bentonite/ 500ml etho
Pull vac pour slurry.
Then
65g neutral carbon/ 500-600ml etho
Keep vac pulling, pour slurry.
122g magnesol/ 500ml etho
Pour slurry, vac still on.
100g celite 545 (or silica) /500ml etho
Pour slurry, put another 25 micron paper on top then filter tincture.

This was good for 30lbs in 13 gal. After that green leaked.
Then i filter that again with 6 micron paper and if needed be 2-3 micron paper.

I might add that this completely removes any water solubles, after decarb there’re no burned particles or charred anything left in the pot. Just smooth crude.

18 Likes

You’re a craftsman. Do you know what pulls orange and reds?

2 Likes

I’ve heard that alumnia should remove that fairly well. I will confess that room temp def brought more red through compared to cryo. But i feel that is a fair trade for getting higher yield and we might find the perfect way of removing those hues. I’m gonna continue experimenting. It will be interesting to see what the final product will look like, then I’ll know the efficiency of this process.

Thank you, btw.

7 Likes

Be careful with the magnesol, it state you need at least a 5 um filter for that

Oh damn. Time for sintered disk

1 Like

I did alot of research and testing on it today. A friend of mine had concerns about magnesol xl

1 Like

What do you think about just extracting doing all this with just a freezer temp? Maybe middle of the road?

I think that’s the best bet

2 Likes

Where do you get these?

See all back in the day we’d freezer the bio and freezer the etho and do short washes and it worked out pretty damn good

@Champone
Well, that’s what I’ve been doing up till now. I feel like the yields are not as big as room temp will allow. Thus I’m switching over. But whatever works for you, you should do. I’ll add that I still keep all my biomass in the freezer, regardless, to make sure it keeps fresh and to avoid any conversion over time. Best is to get it in the freezer as soon as possible after harvest. I put all of the biomass in vac bags and seal it to prevent oxidizing aswell.

@sonicgardens
What’s the concern with magnesol? I have it layered on top of carbon and bentonite. Then i filter it for particles with a 6 micron and 2-3 micron paper.

@Krative
I’ve been thinking about sintered disk aswell.

2 Likes

Your smallest filter in line will remove it, it needs to be screened at 5 microm is all. You mentioned if you needed to you would go to the smallest you have. That was my only concern is that it didnt make it to your finished produst is all.

1 Like

Will remove what?

@Champone
The magnesol.

1 Like

The magnesol is the finest filter powder in use atm. And requires a 5um screen to ensure it doesnt pass to your finnal product

So I got the 5um sintered disk in from BVV for my 4" spool, but it looks like there’s some kind of shortage of 4" filter plates lately. I can get one for $99, but fuuuckkk that price. Think I’d be fine just placing the disk into my 4"-2" bowl reducer and stacking powders on top of that?

1 Like

Reach out to killa

1 Like