Edibles with shatter?

I received some CBD shatter but because of my rare lung cancer I can’t dab it. I was hoping I could melt it down and use it in some edibles. I really want to try it and figured someone on here would be able to help me out! Thanks in advanced!! :alien:

1 Like

You’ll be eating cbda but sure!

I see what you mean. Decarb suggestions?

Decarb in a sealed mason jar in the oven at 200-250F for 2-4 hours . I would suggest 2 hours at 200F to get a partial decarb to have cbd + cbda as well as retaining some terps to have the most full spectrum product ass possible . I also add some thca and delta 9 as well even toss some minors like cbg if you can

2 Likes

This might already be Decarbed, If your CBD shatter was made with isolate(like most of it).

3 Likes

This might be a stupid question, but if it is already decarbed will ruin the product if I decarb again? If so I can ask the company who made it if it was decarbed.

no it wont harm it, besides potentially some minor degradation but i doubt it would be a considerable amount

also was there no analysis with the product when you bought it? should say if cbd or cbda

1 Like

Thank you!!! I’m dying to try this stuff and since my lung was removed I have only been making edibles with cannabutter and just recently cannabis infused coconut oil. I need variety!

Try using VG in recipies that don’t use butter

VG? Can you explain what that means?

Adding a couple teaspoons of glycerine to your cake batter before baking acts as a preservative, holding onto that fresh baked feeling long after it has come out of the oven. We recommend using up to 3 tsp in a Vanilla Cake and 1-2 tsp in Chocolate Cake to really lock in that moisture

Vegetable glycerin is a clear, odorless and sweet-tasting liquid derived from vegetable fats. It is added to food, cosmetics and pharmaceuticals and may offer health benefits, such as moisturized and resilient skin, relief from constipation, improved hydration and better physical performance.

From Dr. Google

Just another tool to use if butter, coconut oil, mct or adding it straight doesn’t work out. Looking at my earlier post I guess where not using butter is misleading/untrue, I just tend to use one or the other.

1 Like

“shatter”? maybe. there are certainly lots of folks that make it. if it’s actually “shatter” then it is a premium product, and has not been decarboxylated. it could also be distillate or isolate with terpenes. Did it come with any documentation? (COA=certificate of analysis).

does CBDA vs CBD matter for edibles. decent question. most CBD being thrown at the market has been decarboxylated. So most data on CBD efficacy has been collected using CBD rather than CBDA. There is certainly some data suggesting CBDA might be more effective in some cases. which I would consider enough to warrant trying both.

you might damage your CBD slightly if it has already been decarbed (and distilled, then crystallized and made into a slab), but unless it has also be adulterated, that degradation should be minor if decarbed at resasonable temps (100-140C). as decarboxylation generates CO2, attempting decarb a small aliquot to see if it makes bubbles (you might want to find a video, decarb bubbles are quite specific at STP).

have you made gummies yet? Need gummy recipe (recipe inside)

1 Like

I would just gently decarb on a hot plate. For just like 5 minutes after it melts. Doesn’t take long. That way you have a CBD/Cbda profile mix. CbdA has been said to Be more Bioavailable and have more anti inflammatory qualities.

1 Like

Thank you for all the great info! I got it from Extract Labs out of Colorado. It looks to me like it might be isolate based because of consistency.

I made my first batch of gummies last week which turned out amazing. I used fresh fruit purée, Lecithin, infused coconut oil (homemade), and grass fed beef gelatin. It was crazy easy and I have so many. I have so much infused coconut oil that I need more recipes for that too!

How long was your shelf life?

Absolutely love working with shatter and other derbs. The dosage is spot on!