Edibles not working on some people

There’s a lady at the NWCC in Portland that is unaffected by THC: She can eat entire grams of dabs and be unfazed where others would be catatonic. She was a medical user and still had some sort of benefit still, as she would dab and consume edibles daily.

I’m really kicking myself for not asking more questions of how or why this was happening, or if she had met anyone else who’s had this affliction.

Bearing in mind, I’ve met hundreds of people in the last few years throughout the cannabis community. Sure, tolerances can be insanely high, but I’ve never seen complete tolerance, except these two times. There are dozens of them! Dozens!

4 Likes

Good discussion
My 2 cents worth are that your body notices changes, not current state.
When you smoke/vape the change is rapid so you notice it.
When it’s eaten it’s a slow ramp-up allowing the body/brain time to adjust, but also just not being perceptible - like the frog in the pot being heated slowly.
The greater your tolerance the more you’re able to tolerate high doses but you still notice the rapid change following a smoked/vaped dose.

1 Like

I experience that personally… that’s what I’m posting about lol.

1 Like

I edited my post! I sort of dismissed your case as being “what are the odds they are completely unaffected” until you replied. I would be putting it to use with bets, grifts, and magic tricks somehow. It’s a super power in some situation, regardless of how expensive of a high you take.

1 Like

Well now is your chance to ask any questions you missed before haha.

I’ve tried almost everything but let me know if you have any oddball suggestions. I can make pretty much any kind of edible and have a small lab set up.

Yea know of any edible eating competitions? I would destroy! Haha

Dab wars is the only thing competitive here in the city, best I got. Maybe once 109 passes, you could get a therapist and see if it happens with psylicybin (sp?).

I should have mentioned this before, but you should submit this to a few news outlets and see if you get picked up for a story. Maybe wear a goofy outfit and eat dabs donated for a cause or something. Also: Guinness BWR to try to eat the most ever and not pass out. If you don’t win, you’ll at least land a spot in history as the first fatality.

1 Like

I’m hard to medicate. Hard core tolerance . Dr told me to find a doseage I could feel. He recommended a 50% cod mix. I don’t have the luxury of asking for 50% of whatever. But I’m a decent grower so I can’t afford to buy but will be oiling and want to try infused sugars next fall.

I ate 20 .25 Whiskey saltwater Carmel’s , plus a couple of bottles of leftover champagne. Grams to ozs of Some reefer all evening . Probably couple or better T4$. Still total control. Great night sleep. Planned a late sleep. Med student early day knocking on door 7am. I was in an erg brain test too…
I could easily eaten another tin of 20 .25mg carmals but I didn’t like that much candy.
Gummies, sodas, never tried brownies but not any sense of a buzz. Copious amounts too. Nada

Fun getting to the doctors who you can’t freak out. Apparently a 5gm or better dose is epileptic levels. So if you ring these bells you might get a check… they do make stuff that can sedate you…trust me :upside_down_face:

let em.eat 1000mg or 2000mg straight disty…theyll.be fine for while. then theyll.go through stages of dying to tripping
it gets fuxking weird!

5 Likes

don’t tell me what to do! you aren’t my real dad!

4 Likes

boof away then

:wink::zipper_mouth_face:

1 Like

Sorry that was meant to be a general response

Now that you mention it none of the dispensary edibles worked Except RSO. But when I make my own. It’s a whole different story. My edibles that I make always hit me like a sack of bricks. However the edibles I’ve gotten from a dispensary… They seem bunk (except their RSO) .

Still my favorite edible to date is RSO cause there’s no avoiding it. It will hit you.

You get more of an entourage effect going with the rso compared with disty. Sounds accurate that you’d get smashed. I used to nibble on rso awile ago. I like it too. I have made my own with disty that work great (100mg). I also work with people making gummies and I’ve always been surprised how fucked I get, even at 20mg. Every body reacts so different to compounds.

1 Like

does anyone else get the twitches or jerks from edibles in large doses?

I mean I eat about 500mg-1000mg sometimes it gets weird

4 Likes

Substitute someone’s else’s liver…

1 Like

I have, doesn’t work.

RSO don’t work even at stupidity high doses it also doesn’t work for me.

The enzymes in your liver play a significant role in your response to different cannabinoids. Having higher or lower CYP enzymes alter the rate of metabolism and may even mean that THC isn’t metabolized at all.

… Maybe get a blood test done

1 Like

This thread is like a broken record lol

10 Likes