Edibles not working on some people

This is indeed intriguing. I was recently discussing the apparent lack of efficacy when it comes to full-spectrum or high-THC edibles in my case. I can consume doses exceeding 2000 milligrams and yet remain utterly unresponsive to their psychoactive effects.

One avenue to explore might be the utilization of analog compounds. On one occasion, I experimented with Delta-8 (D8), although the specific dosage and source remain shrouded in uncertainty due to my failure to retain precise records. This uncertainty extends to the legitimacy of the product itself, as it may have been an alternative compound altogether. I refrained from verifying its authenticity via laboratory testing, and the store that dispensed it swiftly ceased its sale, likely in response to regulatory crackdowns. Nonetheless, I distinctly recall experiencing notable psychotropic effects, and the experience was markedly favorable.

The impracticality of such consumption, owing to the prohibitive cost, becomes apparent when one considers that a perceivable dose necessitates an expenditure of approximately $20 or more. I find myself wishing for a more accessible and economically sustainable option, be it in the form of authentic D8 or readily obtainable D8-infused confections.

Concomitantly, I perceived a discernible disparity in the psychoactive response to D8-infused gelatinous formulations in contrast to the established Delta-9 (D9) tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) comestibles. Evidently, D8-infused gelatinous formulations elicited an enhanced psychoactive response, even when administered in diminutive quantities. This peculiarity may be ascribed to idiosyncratic inter-individual variability in metabolic enzymatic activity, receptor binding affinities, and neuropharmacological responsiveness to these cannabinoid moieties.

Alternatively, a straightforward and secure method for converting CBD isolate into analog compounds with potential psychoactive effects would be a highly desirable development. Such a process could potentially offer a solution to the scarcity of accessible analogs in the market. To bad citric acid teks have been pretty unsuccessful thus far. and the alternatives are very poisonous and dangerous to work with and prohibitive to the rec chemist.

1 Like

And what possible help could that provide me? None…

Zeolite works very easy and safe for cbd conversion to psychoactive for edibles since you asked at the bottom of your post.

Turning CBD to D8 and D9 using Zeolite

1 Like

I can’t imagine being this bitter about not being able to get stoned from edibles lol

6 Likes

lol I’m just bitter at the pseudo-intellectual non answers.

My thread? Ah, you have a reading comprehension issue…

You’re looking for something. There are folks talking about it. I’m sorry, I figured you might find it useful to know that folks are attempting/claiming to make that which you seek to skirt laws.

I’m not. It’s possible they’re not. You’re right bringing it to your attention was a horrible way to treat you.

The enzyme you are missing is presumably from your liver.

WTF do you have to loose by trying to convert D9 to 11-Hydroxy with a crude liver prep?!?

If someone suggested you could Decarb under pressure to retain terps? would you try it?

Or wait five years then make a video on it?!?

Excuse me I mean the thread you linked to, jeeze we’re getting pedantic aren’t we. I’ll leave you to it if that’s how you’re going to be.

You’re certain you know why you don’t get high off edibles?

Then it would not help.

However, maybe you makes 11-Hydroxy & don’t respond.

Understanding the problem is how one goes about solving it.

Or you could try fresh liver plus distillate in a mother fucking blender.

1 Like

Begone fool!

1 Like

Indeed, this approach appears to be one of the most straightforward methods available. I appreciate your reminder regarding this method. However, it’s worth noting that the cost associated with zeolite, as a primary component, renders this technique prohibitively expensive. Surprisingly, the expense of zeolite can exceed that of the initial CBD substrate, which poses a significant financial obstacle.

On the contrary, the procurement of a one-pound quantity of citric acid, typically amounts to a mere seven dollars. This cost differential presents a more financially feasible option, albeit we are not yet positioned at an optimal solution.

Progress is evident, although the ideal cost-effectiveness has not yet been attained.

A single pound of zeolite is like $40, is that really cost prohibitive? You can get bulk for much cheaper as well. But I guess this is off topic, cause this mixture didn’t get me high either haha.

I was just trying to have a conversion with you where I don’t agree with you, you don’t need to take it personally into the realm of insults…

Indeed, the aforementioned topic appears to have diverged from our primary focus, and I offer my apologies for my suggestion not aligning with our current discourse.

I entertain concerns that my future attempts to convert CBD into analog compounds may yield analogous unsatisfactory outcomes, leading me to attribute my prior exceptional encounter to a source of cannabinoids beyond Delta-8 (D8), and potentially not even D8 at all… lol :slightly_frowning_face:

Wasn’t me who said I was gonna storm off…

Imo storming off would qualify as foolish.

So you staying or going?

I’d posit you started it.

…and calling a tek that I patented in 1988 “bullshit” didn’t win you any favors either.

Frankly I’m disappointed you have had “try mixing it with liver” on your plate for three years and haven’t fucking tried it…

This is the most fucked up collection of misrepresentations I have ever run across. (In the form of questions.)

Resulting in hundreds of fuckuped answers.

Ending up being dominated by people who like to put their fingers up their ass.

None here knows whether “how to weed” is a troll or not.

He mentioned he got his idea “often discussed on Reddit”… and decided to bring that shit here…for a waste of time.

Give it up…

1 Like

That wasn’t directed directly at you, that was referencing the 200+ replies without a clear answer still. If you took that personally that’s not my fault.

I just don’t want to continue arguing with you about nothing, prior we were having a discussion but now you seem to just try to be making personal attacks and jabs rather than have a discussion about the topic at hand.

What is bullshit is there there is no evidence that what you’re saying has worked on someone, and that’s a lot of shit to do with no proof. I was expecting someone with my issue to come and post what worked for them, not people who think they have an answer that hasn’t been tested, that’s what I mean by bullshit. I don’t mean to undermine your patent or whatever you’re offended by.

Pretty sure you’re not gonna find hydroxy THCs in Canada anytime soon - I kinda doubt health Canada would let that fly. My bet is that anyone (3chi) making any of the hydroxy THCs now or anytime soon is doing so synthetically - Cayman certainly is approaching any of this stuff synthetically. But they also have the luxury of making a gram, running chromatography, and selling it’s milligram-by-milligram for hundreds of dollars.

2 Likes

Do you have a working hypothesis for what the issue is?

Yes? What is it?
No? Sequence data may help.

You think it’s your liver? (Or others do)
Have you explored that?
How could you explore that?

You won’t explore that because it’s bullshit…

1 Like

Sadly they sell theirs in methanol and not straight or I would try that.

Just wanted to give head nod at someone calling cayman chem out on their BS. By rich people for rich people only company and of course is the only RC company left standing these days that’s remotely legit. Rich people bs.
Hope they choke and die on their greed over there =D