Edible chips?

My favorite line from my dad is what you think and what you thought are 2 different things. They are most definitely just spraying the chips. On the streets if it ain’t broke don’t fix it. I do not condone, encourage, or respect such behavior.

7 Likes

The only way to protect people from going deep in the hole is to do these with D8. I honestly don’t think it’s possible to freak the fuck out on D8 the way that you do with D9. You still get nice and toasty though. I’m finding that I absolutely love D8 edibles and not having to be nervous about my dosing makes it even mo betta.

If it’s sweets then D9 can still be used, but I believe it need be a rich sweet like a dark chocolate or caramel or something like that. I’ve also been doing hard candies for the same reason, you only ever want one hard candy.

For sweet sweets like gummies and for savory like chips I think that D8 is the way to go. That way someone can eat the whole bag and yes, be uncomfortably high, but not have an anxiety attack.

100% I believe you’re right. Only thing is that I would think that after the spray maybe they put it in an oven to evaporate the ethanol properly without it making the chips soggy and keep that crisp. I would imagine it would help the disty absorb into the product a lil mo betta so that it doesn’t have a coated feel

Maltodextrin is how they powder cheese for all those chips…I’ve powdered brown butter as well, so couldn’t that apply here?

At work, cant google

2 Likes

why??

1 Like

you did suggest “frying”…what temperatures does that entail?

What happens when you heat cannabinoids to those temperatures? (hint: they degrade rapidly…).

does it really matter which oil you mix your cannabinoids in?

citation?!?

4 Likes

350-375f to give a light flash fry prior to baking as it would saturate the chip. At that temperature we know that within a 10-20 minute time frame cannabanoids will not degrade that quickly & can then be done.

Keep in mind it likely won’t have enough time during the “flash fry” (term used for quickness not for its heat terminology) so it may not have enough time to saturate completely with oil, as to why I added the soluble powder for a pleasant eating experience instead of eating a mouthful of oil or some “chef” that decides to put Kief on as a dry rub.

To make a infused oil to powder? To dust the chips.

Sorry if I’m out of line, just a thought.

2 Likes

nope.

the suggestion makes sense.

however my question was intended as

what was the powdered lamb fat used for?!?

2 Likes

Iirc watercress pizza

We filled little parmesan shakers w it

Itll take 20 min to get the oil hot tho…i cant envision this…

& it takes up to an hour to get isolate melted in a vac oven.

Pre heat both oils to the infusion oil melting point then add to carrier oil & bring to heat, won’t take nearly as long as you think.

My gut tells me throwing extract into a fryer wouldn’t go all that well.

Hahahaha

4 Likes

With the fryer at temp yes, but heating both up to temp at same time it’s not very volatile I’ve done this to make shells for tacos…

Still sounds like a bad idea. I finally googled, and people be doing that maltodextrin already :man_shrugging:

Maybe you can fry in a vac oven :thinking: :grin::upside_down_face:

1 Like

I know some folks used to try to dehydrate the disty onto the food product :joy::joy:

1 Like

I cant knock a dude for trying, amiright

1 Like

but they dont know how it will feel. I took edibles and thought I was one of the ones who they dont work on until I started working with hash oil as the base. Im pretty much scared to eat it. For me it does the opposite of pain relief, I ache and cant move.

I got tacos on tuesday, they offer a birria taco that is a homemade tortilla and they dip it in beef consomee. Thats a nice single serving if you measure the consomee. Theres a local business who does these pot dinners with weed stands and food stands and infused drinks. I got too fucked up when I went there and actually thought cops were following me all the way home. We were all sharing dabs and then a 1 oz joint custom built by some famous joint maker??? The infused drinks and edibles were prolly what sent me over the top.

1 Like

Might as well bust out the palcohol to mix in w the maltodextrin, thumper and breadwinner are here lol I got nothing more :roll_eyes: