Edible Appreciation Thread -Show your work!

10 Likes

did i see airbrush… you u use chocolate coloring in an airbrush??? do you have to clean between colors…

I didnt realize you need to be such an artist for this.

5 Likes

Lol yes. Air brush and colored cocoa butter for most of these designs. You can achieve some really cool designs without one though.

You can mix 2 colors of chocolate by pouring the first color in the bottom of the bowl and pouring a second color on top. Then pour into moulds. You will get a swirl pattern like below. No air brush required

These are a little out of temper but you get the point. Note - work fast to ensure both colors of chocolate stay in temper

The pyramids below were done with a simple foam brush with some tempered gold cocoa butter.

17 Likes

would you suggest a sous vide as a way to keep good temp

1 Like

Never tried that but I imagine it would work well.
Tempering basics and temperatures are below.

The chocolate is first heated to melt all six forms of crystals (heat dark chocolate to 120°F, milk chocolate to 115°F, and white chocolate to 110°F). Then the chocolate is cooled to allow crystal types IV and V to form (VI takes too long to form) (cool dark chocolate to 82°F, milk chocolate to 80°F, and white chocolate to 78°F). At this temperature, the chocolate is agitated to create many small crystal “seeds” which will serve as the nuclei to create small crystals in the chocolate. The chocolate is then reheated to eliminate any type IV crystals, leaving just the type V (heat dark chocolate to 90°F, milk chocolate to 86°F, and white chocolate to 82°F). After this point, any excessive heating of the chocolate will destroy the temper and this process will have to be repeated.

25 Likes

i imagine this tempering can be done pretty precisely with a sous vide… I think im gonna try… Never made chocolate…i love it… time to get an infused chocolate sop down…thanks for the inspiration @Thechocolatier

9 Likes

Let me know if you have any questions when you get into it. Happy to help

9 Likes

If ya butter is green don’t @ me

18 Likes

Brownies are my weakness. Those look so good. Moist and chewy by the looks of them

4 Likes

Very MOIST my wife has killer family recipes I’ve taken into infusion & consult with as well.

I’ll tell you what I don’t eat as many sweets as I used to, but when we get done making edibles for clients fuckkkk I can’t hold back lmao her red velvet is the best I’ve ever had as well.

Couldn’t find the fudge I used to make, but nothing compares to the artisan etiquette of your skills set, truly a honor to have someone of your caliber here :call_me_hand:t3::call_me_hand:t3:

5 Likes

I spend 1.00 on the boxed kind. Chunky chewy fudge. I really need to bang out a batch or edibles. People keep bugging me.

I have a silicone mold with 12 mini-loaf cavities I use for brownies. And I have 2 silicone butter stick molds with tbsp indentations.

6 Likes

What kind of packaging are you using for your masterpieces

3 Likes

That’s a great question! I would also like to add on to that and ask what the average shelf life is for these works of art, @Thechocolatier.

3 Likes

Both edible shelf life and display type shelf life please.

3 Likes

I like the blister style packaging but there are dozens of options out there. Almost any truffle box can be made CR if you work with the right packaging supplier. Bars typically just go in CR pouches.

4 Likes

Shelf life depends on the type of filling. Caramel fillings can have up to one year shelf life. Praline and gianduja 12 months. Ganache depending on the base 3-6 months. Water activity is the key parameter to control with ganache. Packaging and Storage conditions play a big part as well. Keep in a dark dry space. Never in the fridge as it will create condensation.

10 Likes

Great work, true artistry!

Do you have a preference in cannabinoid starting form? Like a distillate or some sort of oil infusion?

Thanks for sharing

3 Likes

I’ve always used distillate as I can hide the taste completely. Wanting to move into full spectrum hash rosin though.

8 Likes

Check out that mirror finish… my photographer giving the :v:

30 Likes

beautiful sheen on those, you know they’re very well tampered !

1 Like