Don’t put extract on your stove

Disagree… Just boil a pot of water elsewhere, bring the hot water to your outdoor open blast setup. Hot water won’t ignite butane

49 Likes

Definitely the safest way correct, just speaking from experiences in my younger/dumber days.

2 Likes

My coworker came in today saying “I forgot we worked today” wearing basketball shorts…:man_facepalming:t2:

2 Likes

I would say, if there’s a carpet in the house your doing this in don’t walk around with socks.

1 Like

I hear where you are coming from, but honestly, I’d rather see 50 posts pointing people to Killa for entry level overseas made systems than any of his higher marked up competitors. If your looking for a first step into a basic extraction setup that will pay for itself quickly and help you work much more safely and profitably, I don’t know if a better option. I don’t advocate Chinese junk but you know what I advocate way less? Open blasting.

Mike cares a great deal about the functionality of what he sells. Might be doing a better job of stateside QA … and has good service…

Don’t open blast, buy a small system from quality stainless parts!

14 Likes

I recommend killa or diy if someone is handy with a wrench and has a basic understanding of things.

Sometimes I get a similar feeling, people sometimes get kinda pushy about it. Not everyone needs a pre-built rig, and there’s nothing wrong with doing it yourself if you want to save some cash.

Killas damn fair with his prices though, so that’s something I think we all value.

5 Likes

You’d think that but there is never a shortage of people trying to do this shit. It’s insane. Guy in my home town was open blasting in his kitchen.

1 Like

I Know a guy who open blasted in an apartment…

3 Likes

I used to know a guy that tried it with a buddy.

9 Likes

In your apartment can easily lead to manslaughter charges when the ex mayor breaks her leg escaping the fire and dies from staph in the hospital :man_shrugging:t3:

11 Likes

Wow someone never seen this BHO: Warning over production of super-strength cannabis - BBC News - YouTube

Closed loop is the way to go. Don’t make us look bad and yourself look bad by open blasting.

Also you had an experience that could’ve been potentially catastrophic and your friend and yourself could’ve died AND you want to keep doing that method of extraction :man_shrugging: why? I think tbh you should get a source turbo and use etoh, buy a heated vacuum chamber and quit Hydrocarbon extraction especially if you’re only extracting a small enough amount to blast.

3 Likes

-deleted -

Dude you are a fucking idiot.
Best tip all together. Stop blasting because you dont know what the fuck you are doing. Holy shit. Who open blasts in a house. Fucking wow just wow

17 Likes

for the record: there is nothing wrong with putting extract on the stove…

What your (lucky to be alive) buddy did was place a pan of flammable liquid, one which off gasses a heavier than air explosive gas, directly over an open flame.

how that was going to go should have occurred to both of you before you put the cannabis in the tube…the fact that it didn’t occur to either of you until things actually caught fire, suggests less than stellar planning.

explain how this helps please?

do you have a toddler crawling around who is likely to put a fork in one of those outlets and turn it into a source of ignition? are you concerned that your “co-worker” will decide to vacuum the hallway while you’re working? Or are you just unclear on what actually constitutes a source of ignition?

why are basket ball shorts being bought into this discussion? Socks?

I highly recommend you switch to EHO.

19 Likes

Static build up @ shorts

3 Likes

that question was for the OP…

you know, the one who didn’t recognize an actual flame as a source of ignition.

4 Likes

Oh right lol

2 Likes

If my buddy would have only did this back when I was being taught how to open blast he about taught me how to blow house up. Butane on stove is no no

Hot water outside for the win if ur open blasting stay outside or in shed. No basements or apts

2 Likes

Did you not see me say “I thought I wouldn’t have to hold my friends hand through every second, yes the pilot should have been turned off before anything but I don’t see why indoors is so bad, I see people from Washington using closed loops inside with their vac oven right next to it but have ventilation coming from the other room to push vapors out at the bottom. I explained that butane is heavier than regular atmospheric conditions, please take time to read and not skim all the information given. Ignorance is not bliss! Anyways cyclopath, I know open is not the way to go and your stuff is A1. I really wanted to go straight to closed loop just can’t budget a collection pot yet.

Exactly are process using cold water! Warm water seems to darken our extract a bit so we substituted for colder water. Just have to replace the water every couple of minutes, a lot of people on here can’t believe people use sheds. Lol but do they have their machines outside when they do runs? StoneD your an inspiration! Growing fat diamonds and keeping up to date with all the new tech, I strive to do what your doing.

1 Like