Do something nice for someone today

There’s been so much vile shit being thrown around the forum from fucking randos (or established members who are too afraid to let their actual identities be known so they hide behind an alt) and just general shitty attitudes, go out and do something nice for someone today.

Now here’s the hard part. Do it because you want to help someone and make their day better - don’t fucking brag about it after. Not here, not instagram/FB - just keep it to yourself, enjoy the great feeling it gives you to potentially turn someone’s bad day around and maybe, just maybe you’ll enjoy how it feels and do it again.

When someone as perpetually angry as I am makes a thread like this you know shit has hit the skids a bit so go do something fucking nice. You don’t need to donate a testicle but at least give a few minutes of your time to someone who could really use it.

Feel good about yourselves and maybe you can treat eachother better.

Love you guys but you’re way fucking better than this lately.

44 Likes

Does putting helpful messages in elden ring count?

Cuz I can do that.

(in all honesty though, it’s something we should all be doing. We’ve all definitely been feisty lately)

5 Likes

I get angry and frustrated really easily too, it’s something I’m working on! I used to really love this forum and a lot of the people on here but for a long time there’s been a lot of negativity circulating and I’ve barely wanted to be a part of this community, including the cannabis industry as a whole, because I can see that negativity in both places and a loss of direction.

Elden Ring is poppin, this is how games are meant to be. Finished and full of content. lol

2 Likes

I left many, many, many helpful messages on the invisible bridge - every time I log on lately it keeps telling me that they’ve been appraised :slight_smile:

Like there’s maybe 20-25 messages I put down that says ‘Not Here! O, Not Here!’.

I tossed 50+ gems trying to find the goddamn path in the first place! Hopefully it helped someone keep 5 fig worth of runes from disappearing like me haha

7 Likes

“try but finger hole”

6 Likes

Literally all we can do. I’m all sorts of angry from what I assume was a less than stellar upbringing. We all know what’s wrong and what’s right - if we didn’t we’d be in a straightjacket and never let out to see the light of day. People get the ‘effort’ you need to put in yourself wrong though - the important part is doing it for you. Once you figure out the ‘how’ and start doing it for you and not the glory…things just start to fall in place.

It makes me feel my best when a 30 second gesture that I didn’t plan on doing at all potentially changed the day of a person i’ve never met and will probably never meet again. We’re not Jeff Bezos and usually our actions won’t result in someone getting a new house, life, car, etc. BUT…we can help people enjoy what they have now without massive strain on our own lives. That’s what’s important.

For me it’s just as simple as helping a kid at a skatepark nail a trick that i’ve had locked for years. Last month I helped some kid lock into his first 50-50 grind on a quarterpipe. Last week I saw the same kid (didn’t recognize him) killing 10ft 5050s and shook my hand for taking the time to help him. We are all capable of things like this because these aren’t massive undertakings. We just need to show people that we care about them and we don’t give a fuck about what they can do FOR us.

7 Likes

I haven’t played a aaa game in a long time, but elden ring is amazing. I definitely need to git gud again, but just running around is a blast.

(also, on topic, I think if someone comments here, they should promise to do something nice. Don’t need to say it, just do it. I’ll have to do two or something because I’m saying I will lol)

5 Likes

Man this makes me happy to see

It really seems like this place could use a huge dose of positivity and some healing for some of the members

It sounds silly but you guys have no idea how much a positive message on the internet or in a game can help someone

Sometimes all it takes is a little bit of affirmation or recognition to help someone start the process of turning their life around

2 Likes

This is something that needs to be normalized!!!

We all go through shit and tend to lash out in frustration, I know I’ve been guilty of it but the cycle needs to stop and this is a great way to start on that path!

I fucking love this

4 Likes

I am currently delivering packages for my courier work. Does this count @SubstituteCreature

If you have to ask it should tell you exactly the answer.

2 Likes

I’ve got an hour for someone with some business ideas. Need help with marketing, sales, introductions maybe? I’ve got you. DM.

5 Likes

I’ll match that :call_me_hand: reach out people let’s make something happen

4 Likes

I feel like wearing my Double Deuce shirt today now

5 Likes

Last year I lost too many homies most by suicide . It really changed my perspective on life . I had the shittiest and best year of my life all in one . Now when I see someone in public having a tough day . I genuinely try to be nice to them and tell them to have a nice day even if they are being very hateful . The thing is you never know what that other person is dealing with or what their home environment is like or how they were brought up. Some people are positive and on the up and up . Others have not been able to see the light only darkness . You never know how your actions could influence another person . I got into a fight on a road trip with my homie over my truck breaking down . He wanted to fix it one way I wanted to do it another . He stormed off and went to his ex’s and blew his brains out on her porch . I would have never expected things to escalate to that but it did . I knew my buddy in the past was in a dark place never thought something like that would happen . We had big plans and things were going extremely well! Only problem was homie lived a tough shitty life and did not see things from the same perspective. Moral of the story you never know what a person is dealing with or what is going on in their head . All over some damn JB weld on a broken dipstick . I didn’t want to use the JB weld and homie slapped it on there anyways and that’s what started the fight

7 Likes

I try to buy people dinner, like good dinner, often, or help out people somehow…it’s one of my kinks…being nice(.until someone is not nice and then I’m not nice)

5 Likes

@_joe Is super generous. We got together and grabbed food and he treated for dinner ! I had mentioned how my puffco broke and I have not been dabbing as much . He offered me an extra base and now I am dabbing all the time again . Thanks so much homie been putting it to some good use .

3 Likes

This is an epidemic and I hate it. I hate it. Big hugs. So many hugs.

7 Likes

I definitely had one of the toughest days of my life yesterday and @SubstituteCreature went above and beyond to help me though it. I really appreciate him and his kindness

12 Likes

Bro honestly it was my pleasure to. I’ve been in that same spot over and over and over…i’m not gonna let someone deal with it alone especially someone as nice as you. I knew how you were feeling and anyone that’s been even the least bit nice to me I can’t just do nothing if I have the ability to at least make things a little better with my own skills. You know how to get a hold of me if you need someone to bullshit with still my friend, my willingness to help you through this shitty time in no way ended yesterday bro :facepunch: :facepunch:

11 Likes