Diy rosin press

So the hand pumps are an issue with the presses? It’s pretty easy to replace them isn’t it?

Buy a quality hand pump, I have an electric pump with mine but wouldn’t recommend it unless you have a good gauge and know what you’re doing in regards to pressure

2 Likes

Very easy, i like bva brand hydraulic pumps. Just alittle messy, so dont do this with any material present.
Lol if u can run a cls u can easily replace a hydrualic hand pump :rofl:

6 Likes

You lose some of the strain profile to the water when making bubble hash… that’s why i prefer flower rosin or live kief rosin. both are bomb af tho

and yea i 2nd what FTGlabs said. i wish i had gone hand pump instead of electric hydraulic. hand holds psi better and you can do smaller increment psi

2 Likes

Live kief rosin? Lol isnt that typically freeze dried hash?

nah kief rosin is never exposed to water so you don’t lose water soluble flavonoids and terps. kief live bud while injecting c02 for live kief

1 Like

He’s talking dry sift, just doesn’t know the proper terms

2 Likes

Idk maybe uve made ur hash wrong? Are u talking about dry sieved?

ya’ll may have not tried it. idk anyone else who has. i inject c02 to get the material down below -80° and kief it to make live kief then press it. it’s dry sifting with a couple extra parameters. i never said it was hash!

4 Likes

U gotta dry your weed to get proper “live” dry sift, i think bubblehashing carefully with cold water/ice and properly sifted in bags, would have more flavor then dried bud that have been frozen down to sift.
@BG305 is the king of fresh frozen kief he does it with liquid nitrogen haha blew my mind when i saw his scale.
For me hash is anything that is more concentrated then the flower that is in powder/goey sand form/not liquid/

4 Likes

try it out bro! it’s fire af. and yea i want to try it with n2 that would be the shit. and i guess you’re right. SHO is “hash”

2 Likes

Are u tumbling fresh frozen flowers? Or dried flowers?
I have tried it, both ways and fresh flowers doesnt yield well at all

fresh. the c02 gets rid of some moisture and flash freezes it so you retain a crazy amount of terps

1 Like

How is ur kief not green and full of contaminated plant matter? Or are we talking about a 1-2% yield type of deal where its only worth it for the head

you have to get it cold af and not kief for that long in a small micron bag. definitely gets green af if you go too long but the green kief you can just pack in a cls. it helps if you slightly dry it

2 Likes

Oh ur not even tumbling, litterly old school method? Dry ice in a bubble bag and shake for 2 min over one collection container then shake the rest in another?

nah I’m tumbling in a resinator. i just do it like 5-15 minutes for the best shit and collect that then keep going another hour for the rest of the thc that’ll be green then blast that. but a bubblebag would work. that’s how i started

1 Like

Highly suggest sticking to 2 min for first fraction btw
I used to do this 3 years ago. And store the kief with moisture removing packets or molsieve beads. Wait 2 days then dry sift over stacked screens for ultimate seperation and perfect drysift u can take a microscope to and not go " oh lord what is that"

1 Like

So, I think I have the general idea for the press.

But now I need to decide on plates. Not gonna lie, I see low temp plates and not that they’re crazy expensive, but seeing the dulytek plates at almost half the price have me tempted to go with them.

@SubstituteCreature def stated his reasons for going with them, but I’m still doing a double take with their prices compared to everyone else. Someone else convince me not to cheap out here lol.

2 Likes

yessir! dessicant or mol sieves can dry the rosin too and the water acts as a solvent kind of(i know thc doesn’t dissolve in water) to help it come out the bag easier