DIY Regalia Formulation for IPM

When harley smith started experimenting with bio stimulants he was able to raise the brix levels higher than ever tested before in lettuce creating another level of quality . He focuses on kelp and humic in a 5-1 ratio , long chain amino acids , silica , humic & fulvic acids, and B vitamins . Harley is a pioneer in hydroponic research was one of the first to grow plants without a specific mineral to study the deficiency as well as traveling the world talking with scientists experimenting in agriculture . I highly reccomend his videos

5 Likes

First of all, I appreciate aktonic being on this forum and think of him as knowledgable and trustworthy. Having said that, I don’t trust anyone selling something. When you see them talking about their research, that’s not science, that’s sales. It may be a little bit of science, but that data is then presented with the intent to lead you to a conclusion, which is to want the wares being peddled. A lot of people here have drunk someone else’s koolaid and good for you, but I am not interested, nor do I wish to be a part of any else’s kool aid sales.

Nutrients don’t cause disease, especially when the same nutrients have been used for decades with no problem. There is no such thing as a nutrient regime that will make bugs not eat your plants. If that were true, then there would be places on earth with soil like that, growing plants the bugs don’t eat. The idea is absurd, the healthier plants are, the more bugs like to eat them because they taste good.

I am not seeing any yield reduction from using regalia. I would expect the people peddling other pm defenses to be happy to tell everyone that regalia will kill their yield, but I am not seeing it at all.

1 Like

I believe in this stuff. Based on our testing, I have access to every humate deposit and extraction method in the industry. It was just pretty amazing to find this product is manufactured 10 minutes from the trap. There’s a ton of people trying to cash in on your garden dollars. When I ran the hydro store for a couple years, I always said “use what works for you”.

That’s great. Everything in moderation, including moderation (or something like that?). I think it’s when it is used to excess that yield reduction is more noticeable.

3 Likes

You drank the GH Monsanto kool-aid.

What poster in this thread is trying to sell you anything?

You are right, nutrients don’t cause susceptibility to disease, deficiencies do. The manner in which you choose to use GH causes you to have have nutritional deficiencies. Those deficiencies cause your plants to not produce phenolics they could use to defend themselves. You could probably correct them with more calimagic and armorsi, adding floralicious wouldn’t hurt. With 0-5-4 bloom it’s a balancing act of getting enough k without overshooting p. I am not aware of anything else in their line that is high k other than armor si. Are you aware that GH was “designed” before any real effort was made to document the nutritional needs of cannabis?

It is very well documented that an active pm infection will literally just die at about 15% brix and it’s highly unlikely a new one will establish above about 8%-10% brix, but you don’t believe UC Davis because they are trying to sell you something. It is pretty damn hard to achieve 15% brix on straight salts. Using kelp, humates and aminos makes it quite a bit easier.

Regalia does not kill yield. It drops it about 10%, in the highly competitive regulated market I work in that can literally bankrupt some operators.
Anything that elicits an ISR response will reduce yield, it redirects some of the plants finite energy to defense.

There’s proof of healthy plants able to defend themselves in my hps assisted dep garden. Where’s the proof of your healthy plants?

15 Likes

@emdub27 has been super helpful with laying out important facts backs by non “bro science”. My wife and I have been trying to get our partner to understand these type of facts specially since he only wants to use Heavy 16 by their exact feeding schedule and the plants are not exceeding their potential and always seems to have some kind of underlying issue.

9 Likes

@emdub27 isn’t trying to sell you anything. He is trying to help you have a healthier garden and you are to arrogant to listen…

7 Likes

You recommend the haifa cal prime, what would you recommend for a brand to replace my jacks 5-12-26 .
Do you have any input on the Athena pro line, I’ve seen a few people using it and there res/ lines were spotless at the end of a run.

1 Like

I need to run a fertigation analysis on athena pro. I haven’t done one yet. Not surprising that it’s clean, with cleanse there is enough chlorine present to keep a pretty much sterile environment.

There is a reason I have not done my own nute line. The environment the plants are grown highly influences nutrient uptake. I encounter everything from 60 degrees with 0 co2 supplementation to 90 degrees with 3000ppm co2. Light intensity and humidity vary just as widely. The point I’m trying to make is that nutrition needs to be tailored to the environment.

Typically to achieve high brix you’ll want Ca higher than N. That’s why I would recommend cal prime with Jack’s. It has a little more favorable Ca:N ratio than cal nitrate.

There is no silver bullet that will work everywhere.

9 Likes

I’m running the athena blended in rdwc. Water is clean from start to finish. I’m happy with it and it’s like 20 cents a gallon with full line up. Except for their stack product which is like 200 a gallon. I use that with the agt50 and coco wet for foliar until week 2 of flip.

5 Likes

@Onceovertwice We have had 4-5 inquiries in the last week about Athena (no joke!). Foliar usage of AGT-50 like you are doing is what we recommend in veg/transition and won’t drastically alter your nutrient ratios.

5 Likes

Everyone is selling something. This is a free forum, and many more people read it than post. I am not interested in being someone else’s free advertisement.

The way I see it is that there is people on here that are willing to learn and listen so don’t ruin it for the rest, he’s been dropping some knowledge that’s far above most people.

7 Likes

edit …

Back to the drawing board, I called haifa and it’s out of stock in North America.

1 Like

What state are you in?

2 Likes

I’m having trouble finding a retailer for the prime as well without exorbitant shipping/hazmat fees

2 Likes

I’m in nova scotia Canada.

2 Likes

The person I know that has multiple pallets won’t give any up.

You coukd always add Cal ace or chloride to the 321, it would just complicate something that’s beautifully simple.

Going by the numbers on the bags (not necessarily accurate) hgv or any other part b with a full micro package that’s roughly 0-12-25 would accomplish the same thing.

3 Likes

Custom Hydro Nutrients gets it back in stock July 30, tentatively.

2 Likes

So what’s the ratio with the prime vs reg calnit using jacks @emdub27? Do I need to adjust my ratios or keep the same .67?

3 Likes