DIY Regalia Formulation for IPM

Jesus. You are dense…

(I take that back I had pm 1 time, the second time i grew, I left a mother room without checking for a week and the exhaust broke)

Only time I have dealt with it (and I cut the plants)

But never had to deal with it again.

And @emdub27 is sharing the “genius”…

Have a good one! You are too busy being arrogant and turning down knowledge…

1 Like

Experience will do that to you, kid.

Lol, how many rounds of pm free bud do you think I have got off?

You grow bunk.

Gtfo boof grower…

Your HP aero system is trash.

You dumb fuck. If you can’t grow pm free bud, you suck…

2 Likes

escalated
Calm down Fellers… Calm down…

8 Likes

I consider it beneath me to argue with children. Someone needs to set an example. Otherwise, how could you ever learn anything?

Dude…

You are the one growing pm ridden bud…

Lol

2 Likes

How about dude stops acting like he knows his shit while growing PM ridden bud?..

2 Likes

There is no “secret” nutrient mix, but doing a couple things to tailor your nutrient regiment to your environment can really help you out.

Keeping k high enough to keep the sap ph up can really do wonders, it’s hard for pm to germinate over 6.0pH.

Maintaining Ca a bit above the sufficiency range allows a bit of excess Ca to increase pectin to a level that it can help to prevent fungal attacks.

14 Likes

The original person with whom I had that argument said he could nutrient tinker away anyone’s pm problem. I called horse shit on that claim, and I still do.

I had one crop that had pm, then I started spraying. First peroxide, then citric acid, then regalia, which works better than anything. I sprayed a room in veg this afternoon, and I cant see any pm right now. The regalia works, but it must be reapplied every week or two, all the more reason to want to make your own, once again back to the original topic of this thread.

That’s probably me and I do full nutrient management for 7 sizeable clients at this time.

I guarantee you could eliminate your problem with a couple of small nutritional changes. But you’re not interested in trying them and I can only lead a horse to water.

Knotweed extract is good for what it is, but I would not advise anyone to use it continually. We definitely saw yield decreases when using it continually through flower.

8 Likes

Most of the led facilities I have experience in actually have higher ppfd at the canopy than a typical gavita facility. I work in one that has fohse and can hit 2000 ppfd at the canopy.

As a result they need to be fed a little higher overall with an extra emphasis on ca and mg to get the same tissue/sap analysis back. We are able to get to 90% green stems and petioles. I’ve never seen a great tissue or sap analysis come back on a strain that had purple stems when the sample was pulled.

8 Likes

Tried micronised sulpher?

2 Likes

I bought a sulphur generator, the hot pan thing, but never did use it, wasnt in a hurry to smell it.

2 Likes

I am just a hobbyist who loves fertilizer. I really look up to your expertise.

FOHSE has the best fixtures in the industry. Although they are purple only on the exposed light side, I will bump up Ca and Mg again. Any specific ratio?

5 Likes

Do you think jacks 321 is sufficient ratios to maintain high enough k and ca?
I’ve had PM issues before and it was when I got lockout and caused a potassium deficiency.
Since then I’ve been closely monitoring my run off ph and ec and seem to be keeping it in check.

5 Likes

Calcium is what the plant uses for forming calous tissue where Fungal infections occur. It’s your plants natural defence response against pathogens.

Adding calcium like @emdub27 said should work.

2 Likes

Typically we run textbook elemental ratios of 1mg:3ca, in that fohse facility we run haifa cal prime to increase ca in relation to n. Everything is relative to the environment and each other.

There are a couple reasons we may run a drastically different ratio for a short time. Clients insisting plants turn purple is one.

8 Likes

If I were forced to use Jack’s 321, I would use Haifa cal prime instead of standard cal nitrate. The alternative would be some foliar sprays of straight Ca.

The reason is that 5N number on the Jack’s bag. Excess nitrate in relation to Ca and p grows thinner cell walls with less polymers (pectin).

12 Likes

@Autumn_Ridge_Hemp Check out the raw NPK university videos on youtube NPK-University Organic Biostimulants With Harley Smith - YouTube . They have a 45 min video about organic bio stimulants. In europe they banned most fungicides and created strict regulations for using them . To work around this they started studying organic bio stimulants like long chain amino acids and silica to help with calcium and nutrient uptake . Also things like over feeding nitrogen (like stated above) creates rank plant growth with thin cell walls that are more vulnerable to pests. Harley smith does an amazing job explaining all this in his videos

8 Likes

It’s an understatement to say it’s been a HUGE market for us.

There are only 5 types of biostimulants- humates, plant, animal extracts, beneficial microbes, and minerals (silica, molybdenum, etc.). There are overlap among the classes i.e aminos can be a humate and animal extract. Based on the application, calcium can be a mineral biostimulant for PM.

4 Likes