Distillation of dmt and mescaline?

Where are you getting it?

1 Like

Thats a secret of mine. :blush::blush::blush::shushing_face::shushing_face::shushing_face::shushing_face:

Making a run of it as we speak…well swim is

3 Likes

I can’t imagine this would achieve anything advantageous over a regular extraction as already stated crystalization is a perfectly suitable method if you want to achieve higher purity for shits and giggles you could just continue to recrystallize repeatedly after 3 goes your above 95% maybe as high as 98% even
If you did a RT methanol extract there would be so much junk in it I would not want to be the man cleaning your flask after your finished
The DMT would be some kind of tannate or oxalate so I don’t know it sounds like a lot of mess
Perhaps as an experiment you could freebase it and use forced steam to distill from biomass? But ideally you would have a SS flask as a high alkaline solution would destroy your glass
Sorry I can’t help but just backing up what already said I can’t imagine any positives

1 Like

Distilling mescaline or dmt would be a waste of time, you can get clean enough separation with solvent methods.

Bufotenine might be a good candidate for distillation.

4 Likes

Do I really have to get it anymore pure?

Next I guess I gotta do harmla extraction and ill post pics of my dmt fumarate when its done

21 Likes

I may have to get a consult on this….

5 Likes

hell after to much dream molecules I may need one myself hahaha the stuff is earth shattering literally!

Tbh i really don’t do it but couple times a year now…but when I first discovered it I wanted to almost stay there for a day or 2

6 Likes

The older I get the more appreciation I have for hanging out in the zone before breakthrough
A tasty changa mix with sufficient b. Cappi and a full spectrum acacia extract
I like to roll joints with the changa and lay down at the beach watch the sun go down or similar

1 Like

I get so ripped the sun would grow arms and legs and walk away maybe do dance and bust into thousand pieces all OEVs

I like the zone before breakthru way better I can be myself and walk around in breakthrough land

2 Likes

You really don’t need one. A/B extraction is dead simple.

3 Likes

A similar thing can be done with mesc. FASA is added to np holding freebase mesc to precipitate mesc fumarate. Suppose this could be done in limonene as there are mesc extraction teks for it.

2 Likes

Short path distillation of cactus extract does not sound fun. But concentrating by alcohol washing dried cactus does sound doable.

Hypothetical non A/B cactus extraction:

1. 70% EtOH + dried cactus (maybe add HCL since we know mescaline HCL is soluble in EtOH)
  2. let extract with agitation, low heat, ?microwaves?.. for 6+hours?
  3. decant/filter off liquid, repeat extraction 3X
  4. combine liquids and filter well (maybe DE?), evaporate EtOH to yield cactus tar

So at this point you would be left with black/greenish tar, definitely mescaline in there, other cactus alkaloids, some mucilage compounds, lots of chlorophyll and sugars, probably a good amount of lipids/cutin-waxes. What you really dont want are the lipids/waxes as they are known to make you sick (why it is traditional to remove the skins). Mucilage is also probably not so good for digestion.

Acetone will dissolve away lipids/waxes and chlorophyll, leaving mescaline alkaloids and sugars (not sure about mucilage).

Hypothetical clean up of the tar:

1. Heat tar and dissolve into small amount of warm EtOH.
  2. Add acetone at ?10x? vol of EtOH
  3. Chill to freezer temps, pour off acetone, wash 2x w/ cold acetone
  4. Collect mescaline and associated alkaloids + cactus sugars and whatever mucilage

Cactus chips to simi-concentrated mescaline tar… Very hard to scrape, very hard to handle, not good smelling, not anywhere close to a good A/B salt… but soo much better than drinking cactus snot.

2 Likes

I have been experimenting with a “microwave pressure cooker” just a domestic type off eBay
It is only capable of approx 3 psi so pretty far off the conditions set in the literature for MAE
I have been seeding some possible polymerization of DMT from some materials we get quite a few oils from Australian acacias at times but with over exposure to microwaves known crystal forming material will oil up
Have not tested on cacti as yet
I don’t have all my lab notes but it is interesting and deserves more investigation my current process is to load the “reactor” lol with biomass and hot acidified water at a 10-1 ratio by weight and microwave at 450w for 3m wait to cool down then decant and run another cycle with fresh water
I cannot remember if I have posted this on the nexus I may have or was otherwise intending to
Still inconclusive

So irridation time would depend on your materials screened mesh mine is very course fibres generally if you were utilizing that nice powder stuff they sell in merica you would have to reduce your time

Recently I let a friend who has been extracting DMT for the past couple of years use my shop to do his extracting. After seeing his process which seems so inefficient and wasteful! I am determine to streamline his process using some spare stainless steel parts and ball valves i have lying around.

Just curious if some of the same principals used for running a CLS can be applied towards DMT extraction?

Photon has said he tried it

3 Likes

chemical synthesis seems so much easier and more straightforward than whatever this is supposed to be

1 Like

That debatable, whats required to synth dmt and can regular folks get all the ingredients?

Also what about the wooks who are too incompetent to follow a recipe?

They’ll probably take their own liberty with the ratios of reactants like we’re seeing with D8.

Stoichiometry was dead in the 80s bro…

2 Likes

Dude gmo concentrate smells exactly like deemster. It’s crazy.

7 Likes

tryptamine (can be made rather easily from tryptophan which is dirt cheap and readily available), formaldehyde, sodium borohydride, methanol

8 Likes