Distillation of dmt and mescaline?

Hello, I’m wondering if it’s possible to do a methanol wash of bio mass. (possibly acidified) after 3 RT washes filter with carbon evap to dryness. Then distill the crude extract. Via. short path distillation Dissolve distillate in basic iso filter and allow to evap in a vacuum chamber.
I know the different substances will have different boiling temperatures
Very similar to making THC distillate just using a different type of bio mass.

Would it produce a more pure product?
Will it oxides upon atmospheric pressure?
Is this a viable option for production?

5 Likes

I re-categorized this in the ground up section. This wasn’t really hash related.

3 Likes

Bro that super heady dmt hash

10 Likes

I like the way you think!

My question is why you’re attempting to move away from A/B with nonpolar solvents, to something a little more sketchy like methanol?

Crystallization, done properly, will generally yield a very high purity product, A recrystallization or a second A/B and crystallization will yield an even more pure product.

That said, I’ve read discussion of sublimation of DMT either on here, or the nexus. Didn’t go into much detail, but sounded worthy.

DMT and Mescaline seem like they’re fairly sturdy compounds, so I’m not concerned about degradation here from heat or atmosphere. I just think methanol sounds like the very wrong approach. Not sure why you’d need carbon filtration here either.

Feels like you’re trying to reinvent the wheel while other folks are taking very basic approaches to yield a pure crystalline product. First time I extracted, it was a simple STB in a HPDE jug. Not a good technique by any measure, but yielded very pure results in less than a day.

8 Likes

Yea I’m not worried about the chemicals so much as streamlining the process and trying something different I’ve done many a/b extractions of both dmt and mes with great results also my goal is to complete the entire extraction under vac as much as I can to improve the safety and cleanliness of my extraction.

I was also thinking about using a 2 neck receiving flask with a fitted addition funnel or sep funnel so I can slowly add the second round of methanol wile it collects the main body of ensure that it won’t oxidize

Possibly do the first extraction with iso and recrystallize with methanol but I’m very open any input on different solvents or mixing solvents

If you want to try something different make some fumarate and recrystallize that. Then turn it back to freebase. Something different for ya. Or get an maoi and eat the fumarate

1 Like

Yea I’ve been known to make ayahuasca capsules with concentrated harmala alkaloids and dmt with wonderful results!

Why not reinvent the wheel if it could be better?

1 Like

Im all for it! Keep us posted

1 Like

Yea will do! I’ll come up with a proper tek. When I successfully complete these experiment’s

When my friends come over I tell em it’s gmo their smelling :joy::joy:

4 Likes

I have dmt freebase ready and bag of fumaraic acid or whatever it’s called

Do u just dissolve the dmt freebase in acetone then add the furmate acid. I wonder how much fumarate acid to.dmt freebase should I use and how much acetone.

Once its a dmt fumarate I gotta get a pure maoi I may a/b extract my own since most places won’t send to residence

Good luck doing that… avoiding a proper a proper acid-base extraction will just shift the trouble further down the process.

8 Likes

“ We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, and a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers… and also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of Budweiser, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.
Not that we needed all that for the trip, but once you get locked into a serious drug collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can.”

I’m sorry everytime someone mentions Mescaline I just HAVE to reply with this

12 Likes

I love me some mescaline! Especially the really good stuff that takes hours to kick in. I made the direct mistake of triple dosing myself because I didn’t have patience. That was a long 2 days!

9 Likes

“Adrenachome man”

4 Likes

Look up FASA method. You need anhydrous acetone. Dont use naptha as the nps you add the FASA too. Best part is recrystallizing the fumarate. Very long beautiful crystals. FASA stands for fumaric acid saturated acetone. You’ll need to find how much 100ml’s of anhydrous acetone can dissolve Fumaric acid into. Get those two mixed and saturated. Then you’ll have your freebase dissolved in say limonene or xylene, (ive never tried this with limonene) and add dropwise your FASA and you’ll get a dmt fumarate precipitating.

5 Likes

First voice of reason i’ve read so far.

2 Likes

it’s easy to sound reasonable when you’ve stuck your dirty fingers in about every hole

3 Likes

I got that fire bark looking like its 2-3% ill know more in next few days I take the slow ab route

2 Likes