Distillate to "shatter" tolling, is it a scam?

I just had a large distillate operator offer to turn my crappy heads and tails into golden looking slabs. Besides a product switch type of method, what could be used to make this “conversion”? I know they are using large Chinese wiped films with falling films for solvent recovery.

Shatter isnt decarbd, correct? Since distillate is already decarbd, how can you make that into shatter?

7 Likes

Are they offering to pay you or ask you to pay them? @Demontrich is correct its decarbed so it will not be stable if they were able to do what they are saying

3 Likes

have you tried pouring from a jar of good distillate?

or poking it with a stick?

what would that look like if slabbed?!? (I’ve not tried)

some color correction, and ?!?

certainly my tails seem hard enough to slab.

3 Likes

Post pics if you do any runs . I’m interested

Sounds sketch to me! Are they a licensed facility? Heard of people heating pine resin and blending with distillate to make “shatter” it’s disgusting.

9 Likes

I have “slabbed” it up before and it is solid but plyable when thin like a shatter slab.

5 Likes

nvm read wrong

have you seen what passes for “shatter” in expen$iaries these days?

14 Likes

This kid dabbed pine resin cut shatter and you can see the sap cooling and condensing on his lip :face_vomiting:

pineresin

10 Likes

I havent but i saw what did years ago when i dealt with them all so i can only inagine. It would definitely be in the pull n snap category just with no flavor… hopefully

which leads to the hypothesis that OP’s tollers are passing over magic dirt and adding terpenes…

5 Likes

Ya wouldnt be surprised, people are/were spraying terps on crappy flower so im not shocked by anything only disgusted now a days

4 Likes

Not legit. Terps and wax added at best. At worst…who knows

3 Likes

exactly my thought

1 Like

There is a whole recarb thread that dead ends.

5 Likes

Unless they are converting d9 back to thca then that’s gonna be a no for me dawg

7 Likes

i would pay them to “convert it”

1 Like

I’d straight up ask them how they intend to take a product that contains no thca and form actual shatter from it. Definitely doesn’t add up.

2 Likes

I’ve suspected people are using camphor (crystal) and/or some type of pine resin/rosin to cause it to become a bit more solid. I don’t even want to post some of the things people could be using in fear of more people doing it. I’ve heard a lot of reports of pull and snap slabs that taste strongly of Vick’s and I’ve seen some individuals discussing these very uncommonly used solid/crystal terpenes but acting very tight-lipped about what they intend to use it for.

At best people may be dissolving some real shatter into an ethanol solution with distillate and god knows what else then pouring a new slab and purging it again. More and more reports from all over of weird pull and snap floating around. They all say it’s got a fake terp smell and it just seems off and it’s always a pull and snap consistency.

9 Likes