Free Color Remediation Media Sample

I just received a sample as well, I’ll post my results for you guys soon!

3 Likes

sounds sick!

1 Like

I believe he meant 200#/day, not 2000, if he’s running a Luna.

2 Likes

Alright so I finally got to test some of the crx media.

First thing is that this media is far different than what we’re used to. Since this is a course grind it has no flow issues what so ever.

All bio is from last years fall crop and is truly some of the worst material I’ve run to date.

My first run I ran it like I’d run any crc powder except mediabros’s suggests no stalling in the media. The run went so fast that the material column channeled. Something I’ve never seen because our crc media generally adds enough back pressure to the system and we need to crank the psi to make it through.

The first round I used 400g of media per lb. more than anyone suggested but I really wanted to see what would happen at the farthest end of the spectrum. Unfortunately though because I was thinking there’d be back pressure on the system when there wasn’t, the material column channeled and the crc went to fast, so the oil came out darker and the yield was garbage… so I reran the column again at 25psi and went slowly this time and pulled a ton of white fat and the rest of the goodies. :face_vomiting:

So the next round I used 300g of media per lb of bio and slowed down the movement of solvent to allow for a nice slow trickle in and out of the crc. It still went faster then any fine powder, but this way I could make sure my solvent didn’t channel and my media had contact time with the oil. The oil came out white as hell still, almost like it does when you use to much silica, terps we’re gone and it smelled like that typical crc cleaner smell.

Next round I used 200g per lb of bio mass and the media really started to shine. Did everything the same as the second round. Made sure to maintain flow at a slow enough speed to prevent channeling and to get my residence time in the crc column. The oil came out white still with the slightest hint of yellow (much more desirable)

From an operational standpoint this media has some advantages.

1. I don’t have to bake the media
  2. The media doesn’t have fine particulate so it’s safer for the operator when loading and unloading the crc
  3. Its extremely easy to unload the crc because of the course grind media
  4. Increased flow rate allows for faster rounds and better recovery of butane from the crc

I’m going to continue testing on Sunday and will include photos of my work from yesterday…

Media bro’s crx is $300 for 10 kilos $30/kilo
200g/ lb of bio for white oil

W1 is $495 for 5 kilos $99/kilo
100g/ lb of bio for white oil

So media bro’s is $19.50 cheaper in media for every 5lbs of biomass run.

Now these two media’s are completely different, I’m only comparing them here for people complaining about the price and the amount of media they’re suggesting we use.

I’m going to continue testing on Sunday, with runs of 175g/lb, 150g/lb, and 125g/ per lb of biomass.

30 Likes

@FicklePickle Thank you so so much for providing this feedback. Very thorough and objective. I love it and truly appreciate it. Muchas Gracias.

1 Like

distillation to shatter?!?
does that require pine resin?
Distillate to "shatter" tolling, is it a scam?

6 Likes

PSA WITH OUR MEDIA If you have a CRC column larger than 6" in Diameter please throttle your runs. Slow the flow down a little bit to give the media time to become fully saturated. This is a fast moving media and tends to work best with 3-4" columns. It will work fine in the 6" if you slow the flow.

4 Likes

You need to go slow in a 4” column as well. I wouldn’t use more that 25-30 psi for injection, and even then, I’d slow it down. This stuff creates 0 back pressure.

3 Likes

So, should I just run this like you would do a non crc?

Edit: also, any pics?

1 Like

I’ll be back in the lab Sunday and will take photos then. I’d run it like a non crc

3 Likes

@Luckycat I just wanted to share this info with you in case you didn’t see @FicklePickle’s response.

1 Like

Alright here’s some of the pics from running the crx.
Mind you I’m running old light dep from last fall

300g/ lb

200g/ lb

200g/ lb (meant to run 175g/ lb but didn’t do my math right.)

175g/ lb (dark edges from folding)

150g/ lb

All of these slabs are at completely different points in post processing

23 Likes

@FicklePickle Once again, thank you for this detailed feedback. We are extremely appreciative of your objective perspective.

5 Likes

I got my sample and ended up running the amount that will fit in my Current CRC setup (300G). After reading this closer Im finding out I’m gonna need to use twice/three times as much CRX powder to get the results that I’m pulling with CC T-5, B80, & SG.

For me right now this stuff is not gonna make the cut. I very much like the Idea of the all in one powder, flow was awesome. My needs are more geared towards color remediation.
@MediaBros thank you for the sample I see the community is liking this stuff keep up the good work guys

4 Likes

This media will remediate color.

6 Likes

I dunno I must just be a pleb cus I tried it again yesterday with more media, 20-30psi and slower flow and still had a bad time.

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback. It’s really useful to hear this all. :+1: If it’s only color you’re going for, then you should try the CRY media. It has a higher silica content (still safe the handle as the silica is partially bonded and not free), but using less media to get the same color remediation as B80, T5, etc… and still keeping the flow rates high. Let me know and I’ll get some out to you.

1 Like

W1…

5 Likes

CRY Media? send me some info, Id like to see what else you folks carry.

1 Like

Yep - I have both the CRX and CRY media. CRX is the standard that maintains terpene and cannabinoid profiles, and then CRY which has a higher silica content and will strip out color aggressively - but will also take out some of the terpene profiles.

Send me a name and address and I’ll get a sample out to you: sean@mediabros.store