Diamonds turning into chalk post separation

that the same thing as italics? But country slang put in to it

6 Likes

Eye-tal-ics
At least I think that’s how it’s spelled

2 Likes

Check out .20 micron cartridges. They have fantastic flow rates compared to welded disks.

2 Likes

Have you tried breaking a gram of the “diamonds” while it’s still in diamond form, and gotten it tested? Should definitely test a gram to see the % of thca present in the “diamond”. I assume it’d be in the high 90’s-99.99% range if it is in fact a pure diamond and not something else.

That’s some crazy shit.

I noticed bubbles too, what’s up with that?

2 Likes

How long did it take to form and at what temp

I. Going w to fast forming it didn’t seal over…bc if u look close its sugared throughout the whole thing

Was this a cold formation formed?

U said this was reX of thca, then I’m going w u never got everything dissolved…u had microaugar forming this which was inclusion city

Take it outta the solvent,the evaporation all way through the stone causes auto sugar bc was never fully melted in the solvent

2 Likes

Stored under atmosphere! Have had some stored in a closed space (mason jar) and some left out in the open in a pyrex dish with some press and seal. Both with the same reaction.

Had this guy change over the weekend!

This was 12 hours after separation :

After the weekend stored in a mason jar in the dark

This is what they look like broken up

4 Likes

We run through a 5um disk---->1um disk---->0.5um ptfe felt

2 Likes

More Pictures of what the stones look like after the change

2 Likes

Humidity of the booth/post processing room has been sitting around 30-55% recently

So it’s not just a surface effect, they transform the whole way through?

8 Likes

What’s the yellow liquidy hollow dot in the middle where it was split? I’m no expert, but that makes me think you have a bit of solvent trapped that is eating it’s way out like a crack in a windshield.

4 Likes

Explain ur growth method…are u taking a bunch washed crc thca? Melting it in butane,?

2 Likes

The first image was a cryo run. Probably not lower than -20F for a couple of days. Pulled out until room temp then left open for half an hour. Capped then fully dissolved after about 3 hours. Diamond growth took around 3 week’s at 66°F after full dissolve.

The other images of the original post were not cryoed. We ran into an issue about a week or two after the first image where jars put into cryo would not re-dissolve after being taken out. Still have that issue. Jars currently crash like this from pour :

Usually we just pour and cap if we do not do cryo. Straight from biomass no washed crc thca; just filtered and poured.

The second and third image of the original post are re-dissolved thca. Separated from the mother liquor then melted down in butane and re-crashed (crashed like the video originally and attempted to re-crash into diamonds). They did crash into diamonds but then started chalking up like the rest

Yes they transform all the way through!

2 Likes

Either it all hadn’t turned yet or there was a facet hiding on the inside Will keep an eye on it to see if this piece will turn as well. Seems the change occurs from the outside to the inside

3 Likes

Its ur cold as growth probably…plus if ur using crc ur using way way to much powders

1 Like

:octopus: :popcorn: oh

1 Like

Take a few grams & drop them into 10 ml of acetone, allow to fully “homogenize” then add 2 ml of distilled water, take a video & post it here please, it’ll may show you if you have a spore issue or moisture issue.

But I also do agree with the gas supplier statement above, there could very well be moisture within the hydrocarbon you’re extracting with especially if not running mol sieve or distilling your gas yourself, then utilizing it for extraction.

Hoping y’all don’t see no floaters once diluted into the “testing” solvent recommended above.

2 Likes

Will get workin on that right now!

We have two 3"x2’ columns with mol sieve which we change daily/every other day and we do distill our solvent prior to use!

2 Likes

How are you prepping the sieve beads before changing?

We leave it cooking in an oven at 225F with our clay