Dental Grade Ceramics

These are Glass Ceramics?

I had to look it up, but I believe they are not the same. Glass Ceramic is a composite material. This is a pure ceramic.

When I speak directly with the manufacturing team the term “Dental Ceramic” is passed around a lot.

I believe it is basically similar to dental porcelain in its hardness, biocompatability, and purity.

The process to make it is quite involved and again, without giving too much away, it’s not a simple process of buying and kilning ceramic from some random supplier. The ceramic factory that makes the raw ceramic material is a part of this project, meaning the formula for creating the ceramic this strong and clean is, i believe, proprietary and in-house

For how long? Probably not long. It’s china after all. But we only source raw materials and gaskets/washers externally, we aren’t sourcing the tank from other factories. It’s all done internally which will hopefully mean we hold on to this secret sauce a bit longer than normal.

1 Like

Correct Glass ceramic is what they use in the Dental feild due to the strength. These are ceramic carts well at least they might be. This is how your website describes the center post.

Ceramic Coil + Pearl Shiny Zirconia central-pillar.

This is a new one for me.

Your question may be going over my head. I’m a bit sad I can’t answer confidently. If you do plan to write that email as I suggested, I would ask Kyle this directly. I’ll also bring it up in the next call with the manufacturer to get clarity.

I appreciate you pointing this out. Respectively, I should know how to answer this without hesitation.

2 Likes

As a followup, that description was handed to me by the manufacturer and I believe it’s their attempt at marketing. Reading it out loud is almost comical and I chuckled.

I’m going to look in to this, not only to answer your question but also to improve the language on the site.

Again, thank you.

2 Likes

Correct just let us know when you have the details. Thanks

:laughing: Hypothetically!

I believe dental porcelain and the ceramic we are selling are very similar. BG305 has me learning more about our own products!

1 Like

Ok just wondering thank you. Signing off now

9 Likes

addresses some customers concerns about some of the tanks coming through with dark spots or yellow spots on the ceramic. This was due to the human lever-pulling, which is no longer happening

vitamin Elbow grease?

4 Likes

China Man never have such a big lever in hand, make him nervous.

lmao. I know it sounds weird but this is how it was described to us. The polishing process was lever-activated and a human would have to try and pull it as evenly as possible. Multiply this by thousands of tanks a day, and user errors occur. So now its china-machine and not china-man :slight_smile:

1 Like

Can I Bedazzle @BG305’s jeans with the zirconia?

What’s old is new in Miami

Pretty sure what is being advertised here is the same thing as the ones from this thread, or at least made of the same stuff.

Well buddy doesn’t know and Steve just wants to put shiny stones on my Jean’s. I’m starting to wonder about steve and I am willing to let OP get his bearing. Full disclosure I am investing in the vape cart game so that’s why it seems that I know more that the OP about his own carts. I still want to see what the price point is on these. Although with all the whoops you have to jump thru to see the price 8 think I know it’s over the top.

1 Like

If you’re hoping for a dollar a cart, you can find plenty on Alibaba. That’s not what we’re here to sell and we’ve turned down plenty of 30-50 cent carts for a plethora of reasons. With the way Canadian law is phrased, as the importers we are technically liable for any health ramifications that happen as a result of negligence or lack of due diligence on our part and we market directly to LP’s.

We have a large number of things we have to take in to consideration. If it was just us selling oil in carts then I think we probably wouldn’t care as much as we do.

In regards to your question, I have an answer from the manufacturing company directly. It’s not Glass Ceramic, and you’re right in that there’s technically no such thing as dental ceramic. But as I have said before, we have video of cutting steel and smashing it with a hammer just to see it dent the table underneath the cart.

I was told I can’t divulge the name of the material because it makes it easier to start the process of copying. However, I will draw your attention now to earlier where I posited that that based on discussions and observations about it the cart, that it seems strikingly similar to dental porcelain.

I’m happy to report that what I said there was at a fundamental level close to accurate. Close enough that I’m happy to say this and not fearful at all about losing my job :cold_sweat:

And thank you once again for catching the terrible wording on our product page. That was embarrassing.

1 Like

mystery materials?

Nope.

you are in the wrong forum if you think you’ll get much love selling mystery products. Without knowing the material we don’t know if its safe. It could shed silica dust for all we know

if i wanted mystery material carts, id pay 50 cents off dhgate

2 Likes

Then china isn’t a good place to manufacture.

You guys are not inventing anything new here. These materials are a result of blending certain compounds and then sintering them. The “Zirconia” in the description gives away what the material is.

Polycrystalline Solids:

Solid-sintered, monophase ceramics are materials that are formed by directly sintering crystals together without any intervening matrix to from a dense, air-free, glass-free, polycrystalline structure (Figure 14). There are several different processing techniques that allow the fabrication of either solid-sintered aluminous-oxide or zirconia-oxide frameworks

Zirconia has unique physical characteristics that make it twice as strong and twice as tough as alumina-based ceramics.

I understand that there are higher cost involved with using different materials. Isn’t the reason your manufacturing in china to keep the cost down? The bottom line and what everyone wants to know is if this is a $3+ dollar cart? As you previously stated there are some $1 ceramics on Alibaba.

9 Likes

Not interested in the price anymore icells by ascent are just fine from cartfarm

3 Likes

Sadly, China is one of the most competitive places to manufacture. I’m looking forward to maybe one day seeing more local alternatives, and hopefully with Covid showing the world its dependence, things will change.

It’s up to the individual to determine what worth there is between $1-$3 dollars. There’s a reason the X-75 is more expensive than the V series. The materials cost more to manufacture and the baking process is 3 times longer. It’s reflected in the price of course. Let’s not even get in to taxes, duties, shipping etc during Covid.

With all that said, we price competitively with the other brands. Are you in USD? I believe we’re around $2.5 USD after conversion at smaller average order size, and we drop closer to $2.15 if the order sizes / frequency make sense. The caveat to this is I haven’t been actively monitoring the pricing spread between CAD and USD as I deal with mostly CAD purchasers right now so I would have to double check.

As is the case with most businesses, if a customer came around with volume large enough to warrant a special discussion, we would involve our president and the manufacturer to chunk out a good deal so everyone is happy.

We operate in B.C. though so as of Jan 1’st we need to charge 20% PST on any final sale within BC so that price gets stomped on pretty hard as soon as we are dealing with non-registered businesses out of BC.

2 Likes

Fair. Not every person is right for this cart! It’s a bit expensive and we don’t even have the latest batch in yet! We are still testing and that’s part of the excitement and the reason why I’m here, to drum up some interest and talk about it!

One day you may be interested! And when you are, I’ll be here!