We are trying to save people from vaping crisis

one from forum has purchased 100pcs 0.5ml snowman as a trial ,maybe he will post comment later when he receive the pracel

1 Like

I tried their first round and gave some feedback. They addressed the issues.

I’m expecting some samples to be delivered in 7-10 days. I’ll follow up!

3 Likes

You order new sample?

I will post a quick review in the next 24hrs about the .5ml snowman.

So far and first impression just by looking is it’s a beautiful cart! Super impressed with appearance.

I can take a hammer to one guys and let you know how it holds up. However I’m not sure exactly how strong a carts internals really need to be. I’m going to assume it’s mostly the screw threads everyone is concerned about?

Seller response was quick and shipping was lighting fast.

4 Likes

Yeah, that’s what I mean, only the true Mr. Stark could do it!
Stay cool snowman!

3 Likes

@tonystark is it Zirconium dioxide aka zirconia? Soluble in water, high melting point, and used to make teeth.

1 Like

Ok well I’m not going to lie I ended up being disappointed to where I haven’t filled a cart.

I did a lot of tests but I’ll just get to the juicy stuff. In my opinion I don’t think the ceramic mouthpiece is the same hardness as the center pathway or I’m calling it post. It’s not the same color like Mr stark said previously and it’s breaking threads way before I can break the threads on the hardened center post. So if this is the case that defeats the whole purpose because it’s in the exact same air pathway.

First I broke the glass on purpose and tried to break the threads by over tightening the mouthpiece. I used pliers on the heating element section and torqued really hard on it and it finally broke. A section on the top thread broke off. It took about 5 feet of height for the chisel to free fall and break the post in half. I don’t see any fails with this test.

Second I took the end of a wood chisel to the threads and they held up very well I was denting the concrete. You can see in the photo.

This is where it turned south. I opened up my second cart I was going to use for testing and the post was already broken and the threaded parts were still intact. I forgot I dropped the cart from counter high on the concrete. I tried to recreate this with 10 drops on a third cart and could not get the post to break.

After that I opened up 50 carts to look for this same problem and it didn’t happen. So I can’t tell you if it failed when I accidentally dropped it or it happened at the assembly line. I did notice about every 10 carts the top seal around the mouthpiece and glass would get stuck inside and was difficult to fish out.

During the 10 drops on the 3rd cart I noticed crumbs coming out every time. Seen here.

It turns out the threads on the mouthpiece kept breaking to where it wouldn’t even screw anymore. It don’t seem to hold impact very well. Just on the threads.

So then I thought of another test. I took a new black plastic sheet and opened up 10 new carts upside down. This is what happened.

So if the mouthpiece was also hardened it could be a winning combo? I would deff like my replacement or refund to be that and we can work together for a safer cart as presented.

5 Likes

Yeah, ceramic dust is definitely something to be concerned about. I would say a different mouthpiece may be necessary. That ceramic is almost definitely more expensive but I think it is worth it.

2 Likes

I hope everyone in this thread has also read this post on the safety concerns with ceramic.

2 Likes

Link is broken

@Demontrich The article is transcribed onto that post fyi
@Sativasfied that’s the same article on this that I came across a year ago which made me aware of this issue. Only one I have seen on it personally but all very legitimate to my understanding. Important to know. I do believe that @tonystark is aware of this, though not sure to what degree. Silicosis of the lung is very close to asbestos poisoning. They are very similar

2 Likes

Refilling ceramics poses a huge risk on it’s own with the above.

I’ll be tapping some carts inverted before filling to see if any powder falls out.

3 Likes

ı posted that article awhile back from a vaping company… related to how coils are made and the dust from pressing around the wire apperes and heat when near empty can degrade ceramic… but since in those years no one got siilicosis… i assume the amount from a ceramic coil will not do much that lungs/throat cant clean via mucus… that being a good coil… have thrown countless lower quality ceramic coils out … china try to send lower quality carts, ceramic smell like burnt popcorn and you fell instantly sick…

1 Like

I made 30 carts today with @ascent ceramic carts. I inverted them, and tapped them (not gently, but not to break them either), zero ceramic dust or particles fell out.

3 Likes

The center and mouthpiece is not the same ceramic , i mentioned the color of the center post is different

I’m telling you, the whole concept is new idea. Give William a lil more time, he’s really working on longer firing pin.

I still think no quality from China is like his stuff. His ccell hit like no other, dab size hits. Never puke oil. I’m testing a 100 all ceramics this week. I’ve had 3 so far, they went great

2 Likes

What are y’alls thoughts on quartz coil carts?

1 Like

Time to really pimp up the carts and make them using Pt/Ir alloy and saphire glass.

2 Likes

@qma @tweedledew @Evo @Demontrich What do you guys think? If they were to make the mouthpiece of the same hardness ceramic this would solve the problem, yes? Tony says it would be more expensive as the material costs are high, but would it be worth it? Thoughts? Is there something else that could solve this problem? Pop top vs screw on? Different mouthpiece material? I think a higher cost is better then risking silicosis, but in the name of making a safer cart, what’s good?

1 Like

Carts don’t need to be the absolute cheapest, especially if we’re designing something that’s that much better or newer than the competition. An extra 20c isn’t that big of deal if there’s a noticeable improvement in quality

1 Like