Delta-8 THC causing increase in poison center calls

so you never sold any d9 products before it wa legal?

7+ years ago, and my customers and I both knew we were committing a crime

I just gotta ask, for all you d8 guys, why have none of you started a legal defense fund for the people arrested for selling your products? If they’re supposedly legal, it only seems right that you should defend the people that I see as being victims of this fraud, this perverse type of blind mule

1 Like

Two words……

Plausible deniability

10 Likes

I am bored & tired of your bad faith arguments. We can agree to disagree.

At the end of the day, you will take this to your grave. To change your mind would mean recognizing the true risk of this lawsuit you’re in.

Which, by the way, I truly hope you get through unscathed. I understand where you’re coming from. And I know that matter is more over transparency with customers vs legality of D8 in general. I mean those carts were 14% to 22%… they aren’t even trying.

I’m not like those guys. I still think you and others will struggle to prove— in a court of law, beyond a shadow of a doubt— that it’s D9.

Also, whether those charges turn into convictions will depend almost solely on funding and quality of counsel.

4 Likes

This is civil court, not criminal court. I only have to prove it beyond a preponderance of the evidence, and show that I acted in good faith and not malice

And I don’t see what’s bad faith about asking you to pull from the arrests proof that these people are selling products that aren’t d8, or asking why you won’t help defend the people being arrested. Bad faith is making an argument and getting indignant and refusing to substantiate it

1 Like

Really do wish you the best pdxcanna I know I’ve thrown some jabs at you about your case in the past. I know most your critic is from a place of well intent though I originally didnt feel so. Hopefully your counsel is on point.

That said I’d like to raise the question with lab variance, no standard method for separating the co-elution of peaks, and it seems a lot of sop dialed into close to compliant… Doesnt it make it near impossible currently legally to declare the majority of hot d8 “hot”.

This thread showed variance + a lot of close to complaint samples that I think trying to definitively in court declare them hot wouldn’t fly just off how close to complaint and lab variance?

I could be misguided but to me it seems first there needs to be better testing and separating of the peaks and a trimming of variance to have a case that would stand up as hot for d9.

To me it just seems without the proper definitive testing legally these cases don’t seem like they would hold up currently or do you think the opposite that a lot of those linked raids above are in deep shit. Eventually someones going to get made an example of… Just seems would be overturn-able currently and that there just isnt the adequate certainty of testing yet.

7 Likes

I would look at that from the opposite perspective. If there’s a lot of testing variance how can we declare any of it compliant?

5 Likes

Only one lab needs to deem it compliant. The one the boys use.

6 Likes

I’m mildly perplexed by the argument above. Unless I missed something, @pdxcanna, I’m not entirely sure why you’re going so hard at @COVID-69, who to the best of my limited knowledge, isn’t slanging hot d8?

The whole thing kind of feels iontrappy in terms of unsubstantiated claims.

1 Like

It’s an ego thing, like how he was adamant that the Delta-8 subreddit was being manipulated by 3-Chi despite having literally no evidence, just a gut feeling (which I can say for sure was wrong).

Because this is America. Innocent until proven guilty.

And remember, proven in a court of law is a much higher bar than generally used on this forum.

I have a lot of experience in the ‘organic’ social media marketing space. I know personally 2 of the top manipulators of reddit.

When done right, it’s imperceptible.

My perception of that situation was that there was likely some form of manipulation going on. But I don’t think it was just 3Chi.

Do I think there was vote manipulation? No. That is completely overkill in a subreddit that small.

I do think the subreddit in general had been commercialized and mods / owners of the sub were getting paid.

As an aside, no one gives a shit if people shill on facebook, twitter, instagram, etc.

Reddit is full of snowflakes that believe they deserve the platform completely ad-free, and that it’s immoral any time someone is making money that is not them, etc.

Now, to @pdxcanna’s credit, 3chi did not even try to be compliant with their products. In fact, they were damn near selling D9 carts under the guise of D8. That’s what the testing suggests, at least.

2 Likes

True. You should be good there.

False. You failed to substantiate your argument in the first place. I am a significant player in the channel in question and I expend significant resources to stay on top of what’s going on. I’m insisting that you substantiate your argument because I already know you can’t.

Which argument do you want me to substantiate?

You show me stores selling weed and blaming d8, show me NMR data of the compound being ‘misidentified’ as d9. I mean, the FDA requires you to identify unknowns up to a certain % concentration, no? That’s not my burden to prove

I also have “experience” and a very deep understanding of how social media manipulation works, and it involves data metrics and behavioral analysis along with circumstancial and direct evidence.

Question: Did you ever hang out in the private chat rooms for the sub? I did. Their behavior does not match them being paid off in any way. Look, if they were paid off we’d see front page posts for Cake carts all day, I’m just saying.

2 Likes

The altcannabinoids sub is sketchy, they do a ton of giveaways and banned me for saying you cant cart pure d10

I don’t know that r33fermadness was being paid, it’s possible he was a web dev for 3chi or others, but I can’t verify that unless discovery goes on. I do think it’s suspicious he was the first person to post “3chi” on reddit, and made a sub for it immediately

6 Likes

See, I’m going to stop you right there because I know that is not true, you were not banned for stating you can’t cart D10 as it’s a crystalized material, and not only that but I actually specifically remember when you posted that picture of pure D10 that the moderators of Delta-8 and alt cannabinoids pinned that post to demonstrate this to the users.

Also, I know that sub the power users have repeatedly stated that D10 is not available to market and all D10 labeled carts either contains it in trace amounts like Delta Effect or are out right lies.

3 Likes

Everything aside this sounds intriguing, would love to hear about it!

Permanent that they changed to a 3 day

There’s really not much of interest that I could say, I just spent alot of time on internet forums and it’s not anything advance, just noting things like if a user is in perpetually, which is impossible this indicating if an account is run by multiple people. Full disclosure my statement is the equivalent of “I’ve seen a lot of 'shops in my time”.

2 Likes