Delta 10 THC

https://future4200.com/uploads/default/original/2X/4/46d507d7fe613c23a3595ff5c65f285bf5faa415.pdf

This is an other lab report recently posted on this forum that caught My attention
For iT s high cbc content
@extractepic

2 Likes

Iā€™ve definitely isomerized CBC before, according to this state regulated lab in Denver.20190424_212819

5 Likes

Iā€™ve heard of a number of labs confusing D10 and CBC; personally had 2 licensed labs misidentify my D10 as high purity CBC in R&D testing. To me the Delta 8 levels indicate potential for other THC isomers. I hope it is CBC in both cases! That would be novel and a whole new realm to explore. Iā€™m just doubtful. If 1 potency test is all it takes to prove CBC, then Iā€™ve got some 59% purity CBC to sell you :man_scientist:t2:

5 Likes

3 Likes

To be fair, unless flower is capable of producing delta 10, I highly doubt the lab in particular Iā€™m using is making that mistake. They are well aware that my crude often produces mystery peaks, and claim to be very confident in their analysis.

Ok not to hijack the tread but what can each of You remeber beeing the reason cbc got formed
In My own case i Blamed Carboxilic acid as the culprit
Not sure If i am right about that but thats all i was able to think of Where acid came along

1 Like

@anon42519203 what was your understanding of cbc creation ?
You mentioned oxigen as the reason
Please explain :pray:

CO2 crude with no adjusted pH, distilled in a wiped film, then distilled in a short path with neutral bentonite.

1 Like

It can be produced from flower, trim etcā€¦ and with the levels of THC isomers in your oil, Iā€™m almost positive you are making a low purity of Delta10, not CBC. Most labs claim to be confident in their analysis, or they wouldnā€™t have many customers.

7 Likes

So youā€™re saying the plant itself can synthesize d10?

No. To my knowledge Delta 10 has not been found in plants naturally, but neither has that Delta 8 youā€™re producing (maybe in fractional %, I havenā€™t delved deep into that research)ā€¦ I assume the test you posted is from your distilled oil, not flower/trim. You said you are doing CO2 extraction, not balancing pH, 2 pass distillation and media in the pot flask for SPD 2nd passā€¦ All those factors potentially contribute to the isomers youā€™re producing. Hope this helps.

I only did that with this particular batch. What I originally meant is that this lab produces flower test results with CBC in them. What are the odds that they can effectively quantify CBC in flower samples, but, confuse it for delta 10 in my distillate samples?

high!

if the biomass contains CBC, and the extract contains a slightly different ratio, I buy that as legit.
if the biomass contains no detectable CBC, and the lab calls CBC on the extract, it currently seems legit to call bullshit on the lab.

assuming HPLC DAD

4 Likes

I understand where @extractepic is coming from. Usually theres other signs of isomerization when you make d10 ( d8, cbn, ect). It sucks your lab doesnt test for delta 8, Iā€™d be willing to bet you have some delta 8 and delta 10 in there because of your high cbn levels.

1 Like

Read the notes, they quantified delta 8 at 58%.

1 Like

Ah shit I missed that. Thats delta 10 Iā€™d be willing to bet, Iā€™ve made high levels of it using c bleach in the flask first and second pass

Iā€™ll upload a funny looking test in a few. Iā€™ll see if I can find the chromatograph

1 Like

The odds are unfortunately high. CBC and Delta 10, regardless of flower/crude/oil, have very similar retention times and profiles in most common methods for HPLC potency analysis. For example, they are only separated by about 5-10 milliseconds on my current HPLC methods. Almost impossible to differentiate the two (on this method) without running additional tests.

3 Likes

It is indeed HPLC DAD. Iā€™ll be honest my knowledge of analytics is limited, Iā€™m only asking these questions to develop a better understanding.

3 Likes

DAD should be able to tell you itā€™s not CBC, they saw that it didnt have a neutral PH I believe using DAD. Ask @extractepic about it

1 Like