Delta 10 THC

I would like to see spectroscopic evidence of Δ10.

2 Likes

Wait so 10a or 10? Those are not the same thing.

It’s 10a, it crystallizes on its own

2 Likes

They know its not cbc for 1 because they have something on there HPLC or whatever that lets them see the PH, if it was cbc it wouldnt come up as an acid

2 Likes

Why two peaks on GC? Diastereomers?

The first D10 theory was based on the fact that outdoor material from Nor Cal seemed to produce high D10 levels. The theoretical explanation was that Phoschek from fire zones was to blame.

When digging through the SDS for Phoscheck you’ll find that Phosphoric acid esters are a surfactant used. I would suggest looking in this direction for a catalyst. Refluxing with our high pH carbon(HPC), will give you a media with a relative pH of 9…should you need an alkaline environment.

I have a buddy in the surfactant industry so anything that becomes useful to us in bulk can be acquired.

9 Likes

Thankyou so much.

Acids will produce wild side reactions, you’ll never hit that high of purity d10 without a specific catalyst

Super interesting!

acid ester …big difference homie. The ester is a phosphorus catalyst.

7 Likes

thats what i was thinking. some sort of chiral phosphoric acid derivative…here is a review on the binol based phosphoric acids

https://pubs.acs.org/doi/pdfplus/10.1021/cr5001496

10 Likes

Try it and let me know how it goes :wink: phosphorus wont cause recarboxolation. That should give you a clue as to what catalyst to use

1 Like

Theres more then 1 grade of phoscheck btw :wink:

Let me guess, some sort of palladium based catalyst in a hydrogenator-type reactor with co2 feed?

1 Like

No this is made through distillation with a specific catalyst.

14 Likes

Did we ever figure out what the chiral centers orientation? Did you see diastereomerism on the NMR?

To be 100% honest youd have to ask @extractepic about that, he showed me the NMR today and explained it

1 Like

Testing is my newest field tbh

2 Likes

How about some hints? Is it an organo-metal sort of catalyst?