Decarb Showdown

But have you ever seen a mermaid sitting inside of a MTA heater?

I rest my case.

7 Likes

You guys ever use these decarb reactors to blend ethanol with oil under heat?

Size definitely matters as you will only be able to mix in 1 liter of crude per 10 liters of decarb reactor space.

Are you thinking for winterizing or?

if it were a 100 L ss reactor and not one of the smaller options, yeah, absolutely, I used to homogenize in 100 L reactors and either winterize directly in reactor or empty out and stack in freezers.

1 Like

That would be ideal but makes the TCU 5x

1 Like

Use methanol instead of ethanol and you can do 5:1 without an issue. I use to put the methanol in the freezer then pour the hot crude in. You only need to hit -20c with methanol to fully winterize

2 Likes

Aptia also makes a pretty nice one

You could also build your own

That looks expensive and it has recovery which isn’t needed but cool

I like the option for recovery but more used as a devol option and utilize the plate exchanger as a cold trap.

Although there could be potential of a clog

But you’re right it does seem expensive. So does their rack mounted diamond miner

Any one of you guys have a Decarb Vessel that can decarb under pressure in order to preserve the terps?

For that vessel I am looking to put about 1500g of product in at a time.

Also Looking for a vessel that can handle about 12-15kg at a time.
For this Vessel I am more so looking to decarb under vacuum in order to completely devolatize before sending to the distillation apparatus.

Build your own and have it certified by 3Pcertz or someone like that. It’s not that hard and you won’t get bent over. Also good experience.

5 Likes

If you want prefab solutions @IrondogAllen at subzero can get you something easily. Trusteel had something previosly called the dr10 too.

1 Like

You can build your own:

I’m working on a proof of concept.

1 Like

No agitation?

2 Likes

The whole room rotates at 900 RPM

10 Likes

.000694 rpm if you count earth’s rotation

3 Likes

Correct, no agitation on the system as I don’t count the earths rotation lol.

Getting high on your own supply ???
:joy::joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

I don’t think I have seen anyone mention Cedarstone?

They have a range of equipment. Appears to be decent, I have old quotes so nothing current for pricing.

Seemed reasonable for price. They are american made as well.

1 Like

Cedarstone’s utilities/ancillaries are american. The steel is not. Or was not last time I looked into it.

The company that does their steel does good work though.

3 Likes